Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, embarassing question

Laugh if you want, but...

Has anyone tried the UA-type underwear? I but Wal-Mart shirts and haven't seen any cheap wicking underwear (I hear snorts of laughter about here) but let me know if you've used UA or found some cheap you like. I like boxers in the winter and boxer briefs in the summer, but I'm not totally comfortable any time.
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I wear the white under armour compression shirts and I LOVE them!!!

Yes your vest slides more, but as previously stated, it slides right back into place. Also, it prevents your shirt from bunching up under the vest, and the necklines stay nice so you look good...which is good for the CDI factor (chicks dig it!)! ha.

No, but seriously I like them especially in the AZ heat.
      "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

I sweat alot more when wearing UA shirts. I've changed to cotton shirts and at the end of my 12hr shift I don't feel like I've just climbed out of a swimming pool. I also never wear white shirts, thats just painting a target on you. "triangle of death"
        I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Comment

I really don't think a tight fitting shirt is going to make you sweat more. Your body is going to sweat in the heat regardless of whether you are wearing a compression fit shirt or loose fitting tee. You are going to notice your sweat alot more with a shirt that wicks the moisture away from your body because it is going to do that and where does it go...into your vest and uni shirt. I love the UA shirts (but wal-mart versions do same thing for 1/3rd the price so I opt for them). HOWEVER...all those jerks at the gym who wear the underarmor shirts, please stop or else put a shower towel on the bench...tired of having the benches look like two fat people just got done having sex on it...my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerthump View Post
            After reading this thread, I decided to dig up some of my under armour shirts and give them another whirl. I have noticed that I do sweat more than with cotton shirts. They say they "wick" away sweat, but where does it wick it too? The shirt is tucked in and it doesn't just pool up at the bottom.

I like they way they look, and feel when you first put them on but the ones I have turned from white to grey real quick. Adn like mentioned, 25 bucks a pop for the cheapest ones is not worth it unless they are spun from gold thread.
            My UA shirt is wet at the end of the shift but for whatever reason my skin is dry.

I agree, I won't pay $25 for a shirt and after one year of washing the color is awful. The wal-mart shirts only last a year as well but I can get 2 for the price of 1.
            A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by School Cop View Post
              Laugh if you want, but...

Has anyone tried the UA-type underwear? I but Wal-Mart shirts and haven't seen any cheap wicking underwear (I hear snorts of laughter about here) but let me know if you've used UA or found some cheap you like. I like boxers in the winter and boxer briefs in the summer, but I'm not totally comfortable any time.

I saw some the other day at wally world...haven't tried them though.
              A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by five04zog View Post
                Let us not forget the “cold-gear” under armor. I’m currently in Alaska and loved them when it sunk to -30/40 degrees this winter. I just got a lateral cop job in Nevada. I got lots of under armor “heat-gear” in the closet. It should be interesting. My first summer will suck. I Lived in the Desert before, but was working the jail then. I didn’t need to sweat the heat (no pun intended )
                The cold gear is the best. I no longer need a coat or sweater and don't feel like the pillsbury doughboy when going to work in the winter.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I know someone mentioned the underarmor chones and I have kind of a spinoff. Those that do wear the tighter compression shirts, do your nips ever get sensitive once u take the shirt off?
                  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Remember, UA shirts will not prevent sweat, but help sweat pass through and evaporate instead of being absorbed by the shirt. I prefer the loose fit to the tight fit.

Sammy
                    If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
                    www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyradar View Post
                      I sweat alot more when wearing UA shirts. I've changed to cotton shirts and at the end of my 12hr shift I don't feel like I've just climbed out of a swimming pool. I also never wear white shirts, thats just painting a target on you. "triangle of death"
                      I agree with the white t-shirt thing...but the management won't authorize anything but white undershirts...
                      "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Has anyone tried the UA-type underwear?
                        Yup, I bought one pair of the black boxer briefs to see how I like them (not the boxers or the compression short style). After ONE wear I bought 3 more. I will wear nothing else now. Doesn't roll up in the pant leg and get bunched, they stay in place, they are great. I work 12 hour shifts and I couldn't be happier. I also wear them when I work out. I'm SO much drier after cardio than when I wore cotton Hanes boxer briefs. Might sound funny, but when Mr. Happy is made happier, I'm happy
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Ua Feelings

I used to be the LE rep for Under Armour when they first made a push for the Police market.

I was immediately sold on it b/c I wore it running & it worked as promised. Then I left that job and got hired.

I wore the heat gear tight fit under my vest, my vest was more free to move, which was nice, but when the moisture wicks to the outside of the fabric (like it's supposed to) I would sweat through my uniform shirt.

On recommendation of a coworker, I started wearing the UA tight fit heat gear under my vest w/ a cotton T over it. It worked great. The UA kept me cool & dry (on my skin), but my cotton T was drenched at the end of the day.

I then purchased the loose gear. Over the summer, it's the way to go. Fits like a White T, keeps you cool & dry... and has anti-microbial "stuff" to keep you from smelling all funky.

I swear by UA during the winter. The mock-turtleneck is all I wear under my long sleeve shirt, sometimes w/ another mock-turtleneck over it.

My only dislike is like someone mentioned, the feeling you get at the end of the shift, where you feel clammy & its all been trapped in. But if you touch your skin, it's dry. And you stayed cool.

My $.02

"22's son... 22's... do work!!!"
                          - Christopher "Big Black" Boykin

- In God we trust, everyone else is run through NCIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
                            I wear the white under armour compression shirts and I LOVE them!!!
                            White?! I hope you do your own laundry! lol

I have tried the compression shorts, they are nice and comfy because they don't move but I don't like the way no new air gets down there and your totally the opposite of "fresh".

Comment

I've tried expensive undershirts and sent them back, they were worse and hotter than cheap cotton ones. The 5.11 utili shirts (only ones that come in a 3-pack) are the best. I bought a pack to try and just ordered some more. They are only 19.95 for 3 at most online cop stores.
                              Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Try the LOOSEGEAR short sleeve t-shirts! They work great!
                                "Don't mistake my kindness, for weakness"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2608 users online. 120 members and 2488 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X