Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcr View Post
    No, they don't make me sweat more.

Unlike Bigg Dogg and lionheart, I love them. After wearing UA, I HATE wearing cotton under my vest.
    Same here. I am kinda old fashioned and never dreamed of wearing spandex type stuff. I also got one for a birthday present from my wealthy sister. I wore it(UA) and will never wear anything else. It does let my armor slid around more but The dry underarms ect is a good trade off. The cold weather UA I really like. No jacket required.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I recently switched from UA to the 5.11 tight crew and i like them a lot more than the UA. They are also cheaper.
      War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
        I had the UA shirts. The idea was not to keep YOU from sweating. The idea was to keep the sweat off of your body. I've have two I still use and they work great. I found a similar product at wal-mart for $10 and it works just as well.
        I use the wal-mart shirts as well. They work just as well.
        -Stay safe

Comment

After reading this thread, I decided to dig up some of my under armour shirts and give them another whirl. I have noticed that I do sweat more than with cotton shirts. They say they "wick" away sweat, but where does it wick it too? The shirt is tucked in and it doesn't just pool up at the bottom.

I like they way they look, and feel when you first put them on but the ones I have turned from white to grey real quick. Adn like mentioned, 25 bucks a pop for the cheapest ones is not worth it unless they are spun from gold thread.

Comment

I'm torn on the issue, hearing that the shirts make you sweat even more is not good to hear - especially working in 118 degree Arizona. What exactly is the bonus of UA in this climate? i'm just not seeing it.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerthump View Post
              They say they "wick" away sweat, but where does it wick it too? The shirt is tucked in and it doesn't just pool up at the bottom.
              I'm guessing your vest carrier, no?

Comment

Originally posted by lionheart45 View Post
                I have a few UA shirts that I got as a birthday gift and I tried them out last year under the vest. I hated it, the vest seems like it slides around more up and down than with a cotton tee.
                SAme here BUT the shoulder velcro on the vest, the undeside sticks to the shoulder area of the shirt. It sounds like its ripping or un-velcroing all night ling. I wear them but I dont pay for them. I dont have a 22 y.o.'s body anymore and dont or cant wear the actual heat gear, tight stuff. I get loose gear and its ok at best.
                I like a regular cotton t shirt.
                I got nothing for now

Comment

I started using them when I worked in Qatar. It could hit 135 there and wearing a bulky vest caused me to sweat so much I looked like I just came out of the ocean at the end of the night. The underarmor was worth its weight in gold. Cotton felt clammy and didn't do my skin any favors. I didn't sweat any less in the UA, but my skin didn't break out and I didn't feel so clammy.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerthump View Post
                    They say they "wick" away sweat, but where does it wick it too?
                    The UA wicks the sweat away from the body so it can evaporate faster. However the sweat trapped under your vest has a hard time evaporating. So you will feel a bit uncomfortable regardless. The shirts don't feel heavy and soaked like Cotton T's do.

In the spring/summer months, it doesn't matter what I have on, I sweat terribly. If I'm stuck on an incident long enough, I'll have sweat come through my uniform shirt where ever my vest doesn't cover. I hate this job in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by lionheart45 View Post
                      I'm guessing your vest carrier, no?
                      No. I noticed that my carrier gets wet when sweat soaks through a cotton shirt. When I wear the UA, my vest carrier does seem to be drier but I get a slimy sticky feeling at the end of shift on my skin. Like it was all trapped inside.

I haven't worn them for a long length of time so I wouldn't know if it makes me break out but I can see how that would clog pores.

Comment

Let us not forget the “cold-gear” under armor. I’m currently in Alaska and loved them when it sunk to -30/40 degrees this winter. I just got a lateral cop job in Nevada. I got lots of under armor “heat-gear” in the closet. It should be interesting. My first summer will suck. I Lived in the Desert before, but was working the jail then. I didn’t need to sweat the heat (no pun intended )
                        In God we trust, everyone else we search!

Comment

Don't wear them. They make me feel like I'm wearing a wetsuit. However, I do have some of the longsleve "Starter" Mock turtle necks for winter use.

Comment

PHP Code:
                            [QUOTE=AKA=Cruz;864003]Yeathe loose fitting ones works very wellit keeps me dry down here in South Texas with the humidityThe tight fitting ones are unconferableI like the no fading too
                            I like the loose ones better, also. The tight ones may wick away moisture, but the reason you have so much of it is that the tightness has rubbed off your deodorant. I might be drier, but I stink more. I think the loose-cut wicking is the best of both worlds.
                            If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I don't like how they make my chest look pink in the "V of death" area.

They're pretty comfy though. Usually during the winter, I could get away with wearing a UA shirt, a cotton shirt, my vest, and a short sleeve when it was in the 30's outside. I HATE wearing a long sleeve unless I absolutely have to.

Comment

I got some nice ones at Target...$10 each...grabbed 4 of them for every day of work. They have a nice tight collar as well so it looks professional under my vest. Nothing is worse than a wet cotton tshirt that is wrinkled up under your vest.
                                RIP Sgt. Henry Prendes...EOW 2/1/06
                                RIP Off. James Manor...EOW 5/7/09
                                RIP Ofc. Milburn "Millie" Beitel...EOW 10/7/09
                                RIP Ofc. Trevor Nettleton...EOW 11/19/09
                                RIP Ofc. Daniel Leach...EOW 11/21/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4884 users online. 290 members and 4594 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X