300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal marijuana and vehicle searches

Working in a state where the legalization of marijuana is imminent in the near future, I was curious if anyone had information on how their state operates with vehicle/person searches regarding the odor of marijuana. Can you still search based on odor (PC) for quantity?
    Last edited by Fourfifty; 01-14-2019, 09:29 AM.

Imminent not eminent. It’s coming soon, not a superior position.

It depends on how your legislature spells it out. It’s treated like an open container where I am. So some searches are good.
    semper destravit

Comment

Legal or not, on a traffic stop it's still evidence of impairment just like alcohol.
      I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

The current case law in California is People v Fews and yes it's still PC to search to determine quantity, but also for an "open container of marijuana"

Comment

Here's hoping the legislators get off their high horses and treat MJ the same as alcohol in nearly all respects some day. With alcohol we have every aspect covered with loads of precedents. Are the politicians so desperate for something to do they have to re-invent the wheel every other session? What part of substance abuse or misuse is so complex? Same same applies to the opioid epidemic if they would quit smooching big pharma and physician back sides.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6144 users online. 217 members and 5927 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X