• Show
Clear All

• SHU
    replied
    Coffee. And lots of it.

Leave a comment:

• CaliMan35
    commented on 's reply
    I think for the first time in my life I may attempt to become a "coffee drinker". I've worked graveyard shifts before but that was years and years ago long before being hired as a LEO.

• CaliMan35
    commented on 's reply
    I have one of the three already

• Cockney Corner.
    replied
    The essential item you need is to find a way of getting some good quality sleep. When I was in uniform, after a long set, I used to imagine bus shelters were people trying to wave me down in the early hours. That ain't good.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    For the first couple of weeks: toothpicks and/or Scotch tape to keep your eyes open.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    A good flashlight, a box of condoms, and a case of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• CaliMan35
    started a topic Essential items needed for graveyard shift

Essential items needed for graveyard shift

The last two and a half years I've been working day shift but for this new shift I chose graveyard. I've never worked graves before, even during training I somehow managed to only get swing shift so I'm looking at some suggestions for necessary tools that I need to make the transition from days to graves. One thing I've seen that grave officers have on my department are these lapel flashlights that clip onto the shoulder lapel. Seems to be handy for reading DL's and things in low light conditions without tying up a flashlight in your hands. I'll be purchasing one of those, as well as a GPS. Never had a GPS in the patrol car before but working graveyard my main concern is vehicle pursuits into small residential areas, turning left and right and left and right and not knowing exactly which street I'm on. During day shift that's no problem because I can easily read the street signs but at night I won't have time to shine the spot light on them in a pursuit so I decided to purchase a GPS as well. Any other graveyard specific tool that you guys can think of?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12290 users online. 75 members and 12215 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...