Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sw99

All,

If you are carrying a SW99, please be alert for a defect in the magzines. The magazine follower in them is failing by cracking. When you are shooting the gun, the slide fails to lock back or a misfeed occurs causing it to jam, which is unacceptable. I haven't contacted S&W yet, but our department gun smith has I don't know if there is a fix yet for it, so be careful. I guess making it out of metal would have been a no brainer, but such is corporate profit over safety.
    Last edited by DH21187; 04-23-2007, 09:47 PM.

That's what we're issued as well, and they're pieces of crap (mine's already gone back to the factory for repair straight out of the box). With all the money my department pours into other things, you'd think they'd at least put a little money into the most important piece of equipment we carry.

Comment

Originally posted by DH21187 View Post
      All,

If you are carrying a SW99, please be alert for a defect in the magzines. The magazine follower in them is failing by cracking. When you are shooting the gun, the slide fails to lock back or a misfeed occurs causing it to jam, which is unacceptable. I haven't contacted S&W yet, but our department gun smith has I don't know if there is a fix yet for it, so be careful. I guess making it out of metal would have been a no brainer, but such is corporate profit over safety.
      Thanks much for the heads up. That is what I carry on and off duty. It has worked great for me thus far and I have 0 complaints but I am going to check it right now for that problem.
      Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3795 users online. 143 members and 3652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X