300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheriffJailer1 View Post
    As a side note, I looked at both of your bios and find it hilarious that a rookie is calling a 34 year veteran a "buff". Maybe, just maybe, he knows something you have yet to learn.

Just in case your wondering, I carry a Glock 19 in a Desantis IWB w/ spare mag.
    Good one!!!!!!!!
    If we had rep, I'd give you one.

Comment

Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
      A Kahr mk9 with a 6rd mag in and an extra 7rd mag in pocket, in a bianchi iwb holster. If I'm going slumming I might strap on my Glock 23 in my fobus and carry an extra mag. Cuffs/reg and flex & extra mags in my console. I like to carry a knife weak side also. My Kahr is great, oh so concealable and I qual better with it than my Glock, I can even carry it while wearing basket ball shorts or work out pants with a t-shirt-no noticable print viseable.

Oh, how I wish we could carry a .45, but my dept restricts us to dept issue ammo, 9mm, .40, .38, or .357.

I actually shoot my Kahr better than the the glock too i think the trigger is much smoother with a better clean break at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwichGrad05 View Post
        To each his own. I guess I'm spoiled here in the city, cause I know if have to call that 10-13, there's going to be a small army coming to help me. And I definately know he knows a lot more than I do..I still stick to my guns though..nothing wrong with being "buffy"...the Tackleberry's of the precincts always have good tactics info and are great to go shooting with..that's how I keep shooting 100's at the quals..damn I wish we could carry revolvers off duty!

By the way, I carry a Glock 26 in a DeSantis IWB..
        I was not trying to be condescending or a smarta**. I'm originally from LI and I understand where your coming from with your comments. I have quite a few friends who are retired NYPD and NYCDOC. "Sticking to your guns" is good. Do what you think is right, not what's popular.

Stay Safe.
        "Either lead or get out of the way"

Comment

Kimber Raptor. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Kimber Raptor.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Used to carry a Sig 2340. Now I carry either a kahr E9 (the cheapest gun they make) in a Waldon holster, or a Colt Detective special in a Desantis Nemises pocket holster. I usually carry one reload for each. Don't carry cuff's but I probably should.

Comment

carry off duty

I carry a Ruger GP100 357 mag with a 4 inch barrel. I know it is big and heavy but I like a full sized gun. Oh, some of you guys will probably think that I am a caveman for packing a wheelgun, but I just like em better.

Comment

Beretta 92FS

Comment

Glock-27 with extended grip mags. You can't go wrong with a .40cal hollow-point being sent downrange in a subcompact package -- plus the muzzle flip is minimal.
                  "A fighter never knows when it's the last bell. He doesn't want to face that." - Sugar Ray Leonard

Comment

Sig P230-- Pinpoint accuracy in a tiny package. I know .380 ACP is small, but I wouldn't want to be downrange from that Speer Gold Dot regardless of its size....
                    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
                    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                    -- Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by NorwichGrad05 View Post
                      Don't you think you're "buffing out" a little with all that hardware? That's why it's called OFF-DUTY..if you gotta use an entire mag in an off-duty encounter, you got some serious problems..
                      I started on the job in 1973 in Newark, NJ. My only serious problem is with young cops so new they still smell like supply and haveTomb Stone courage. I have been an FTO, and Range master most of my career. I teach my recruits to survive and make through their shift.

I don't take any great pride in the fact Orlando set a record for murders last year. I enjoy my off duty time, but when I am out I don't leave my brain, or my means of protection at home. I have been to far too many cop funerals. I hope we don't have to go to an Inspectors Funeral because you ran into multiple skells.

When I started on the job, we looked out for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog1097 View Post
                        I started on the job in 1973 in Newark, NJ. My only serious problem is with young cops so new they still smell like supply and haveTomb Stone courage. I have been an FTO, and Range master most of my career. I teach my recruits to survive and make through their shift.

I don't take any great pride in the fact Orlando set a record for murders last year. I enjoy my off duty time, but when I am out I don't leave my brain, or my means of protection at home. I have been to far too many cop funerals. I hope we don't have to go to an Inspectors Funeral because you ran into multiple skells.

When I started on the job, we looked out for each other.
                        I still hope we look out for each other...my last partner had 19 years on, and he did teach me a thing or two about that..I understand where you're coming from..but like I said..to each his own..I like taking advice from everywhere and make a decision upon different opinions...

Comment

kimber pro tle/rl II and an extra mag

Comment

Glock 27, a pair of cuffs an a spare full size magazine. Better to have and not need.....

"Buffing out", what a crock. Smart tactical decision is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
                              Glock 27, a pair of cuffs an a spare full size magazine. Better to have and not need.....

"Buffing out", what a crock. Smart tactical decision is what it is.
                              Leave it to another Screaming Eagle to hit the nail on the head. Airborne, All The Way!

Comment

.45 S&W air weight hammerless

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3822 users online. 249 members and 3573 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X