Comment

Glock 26 IWB w/spare magazine.
      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bulldog1097
        Glock 21, two spare mags, and cuffs.

Posted by NorwichGrad05:
        Don't you think you're "buffing out" a little with all that hardware? That's why it's called OFF-DUTY..if you gotta use an entire mag in an off-duty encounter, you got some serious problems..

You think? Then good thing he has the second one isn't it.

Comment

Like Americian Express...Don't leave home with it... Sig P232, usually on the ankle.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Are you serious?

Originally posted by NorwichGrad05
            Don't you think you're "buffing out" a little with all that hardware? That's why it's called OFF-DUTY..if you gotta use an entire mag in an off-duty encounter, you got some serious problems..

I had to respond to your post after reading it. I cannot believe you would insinuate someone was a "Buff" because they carry spare mags off duty. If you carry a semi auto, it's smart to also carry at least one spare mag just in case you have a magazine malfunction. Magazine issues are usually the main reason a semi-auto malfuntions. Also, it's not very professional to criticize someone for what they feel comfortable with carrying while "off duty". As a side note, I looked at both of your bios and find it hilarious that a rookie is calling a 34 year veteran a "buff". Maybe, just maybe, he knows something you have yet to learn.

Just in case your wondering, I carry a Glock 19 in a Desantis IWB w/ spare mag.
            Last edited by SheriffJailer1; 04-24-2007, 08:41 PM.
            "Either lead or get out of the way"

Comment

Depending on weather, a Sig 228 or Springfield XD-sub compact. If it’s HOT-HOT, a hammerless 5 shot J-frame with laser grip.
              In God we trust, everyone else we search!

Comment

Originally posted by NorwichGrad05 View Post
                Tell that to the guy in Utah who was involved in that mall shooting recently. he had a 1911 with ONE magazine, and ran dry engaging the BG..luckily for him the cavalry arrived when it did. If you're going to be THAT "Off Duty" then dont carry at all. otherwise carry at LEAST 1 mag, and a pair of cuffs.

Comment

Keltec P-11 9mm pistol w/ an ankle holster

If I'm wearing shorts, nothing.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by SheriffJailer1 View Post
                    I had to respond to your post after reading it. I cannot believe you would insinuate someone was a "Buff" because they carry spare mags off duty. If you carry a semi auto, it's smart to also carry at least one spare mag just in case you have a magazine malfunction. Magazine issues are usually the main reason a semi-auto malfuntions. Also, it's not very professional to criticize someone for what they feel comfortable with carrying while "off duty". As a side note, I looked at both of your bios and find it hilarious that a rookie is calling a 34 year veteran a "buff". Maybe, just maybe, he knows something you have yet to learn.

I think (hope) that when he said "buffing out", he meant that it would be difficult to conceal.

This is just one man's opinion.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
                      I think (hope) that when he said "buffing out", he meant that it would be difficult to conceal.

This is just one man's opinion.
                      Just to clarify, here in New York, when you accuse someone of "Buffing" it is meant as a derogatory term. It basically means you are "Gung-Ho, overzealous, over the top" for what an average person would be. To put it in context, the same term would be made of a Volunteer Firefighter who has blue lights all over his car, FD stickers, etc. I hope this clears it up for you.
                      "Either lead or get out of the way"

Comment

KelTech .380 in the ole back pocket. And my cell phone.

Comment

Just to clarify, here in New York, when you accuse someone of "Buffing" it is meant as a derogatory term. It basically means you are "Gung-Ho, overzealous, over the top" for what an average person would be. To put it in context, the same term would be made of a Volunteer Firefighter who has blue lights all over his car, FD stickers, etc. I hope this clears it up for you.
                          Got it....................

Comment

To each his own. I guess I'm spoiled here in the city, cause I know if have to call that 10-13, there's going to be a small army coming to help me. And I definately know he knows a lot more than I do..I still stick to my guns though..nothing wrong with being "buffy"...the Tackleberry's of the precincts always have good tactics info and are great to go shooting with..that's how I keep shooting 100's at the quals..damn I wish we could carry revolvers off duty!

By the way, I carry a Glock 26 in a DeSantis IWB..

Comment

A Kahr mk9 with a 6rd mag in and an extra 7rd mag in pocket, in a bianchi iwb holster. If I'm going slumming I might strap on my Glock 23 in my fobus and carry an extra mag. Cuffs/reg and flex & extra mags in my console. I like to carry a knife weak side also. My Kahr is great, oh so concealable and I qual better with it than my Glock, I can even carry it while wearing basket ball shorts or work out pants with a t-shirt-no noticable print viseable.

Oh, how I wish we could carry a .45, but my dept restricts us to dept issue ammo, 9mm, .40, .38, or .357.

Comment

Kahr CW9 (too cheap to buy the p9) loaded with silvertips at the moment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3831 users online. 249 members and 3582 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X