300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeland Security Contract Police?

I met a friend the other day who told me his father retired as a deputy a few years ago, then did what he described as 'Homeland Security Contract Police' as a retirement gig for several years. He said the pay was REALLY good, suggested I consider it some day.

Can anyone provide any information on what he may have been referencing?

FEMA DMAT or NDMS Security?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Sounds to me more like Federal Courthouse Security. It is contracted with a company via FPS and Homeland . The contract is managed & supervised by the USMS . Yes they pay very, very well.

A lot of retired officers/ deputies around here get on with them at our Fed Courthouse...................requirements are precise and work rules are harsh.

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I see CSOs everyday outside the courthouse and feel sorry for them. Standing for hours in the hot sun. Standing for hours in the freezing cold. That's no easy gig for a frog (fat retied old guy)….
        People don't leave bad jobs, they leave bad bosses.

Comment

Contracted USMS Special Deputy's for court security have been around for a long time now, pre-DHS....wonder what the Homeland Security Contract Police is, unless it is the FPS security officers.

Comment

I did some googling and I'm wondering if he was referring to the Federal Protective Service. I've seen one of their vehicles in my area, usually around where our local FBI/DEA/ATF have their field offices. What's the scope of their responsibilities?

Comment

FEMA Concentration Camps.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

While CCCSD's response may not have been helpful to you, it did motivate me to clean my keyboard which had beer spewed all over it. That said, FPS is responsible for security of federal facilities that do not have other law enforcement protection such as Secret Service Uniform Division, CIA Security Protective Services, or the NIH Police. In most facilities, FPS contracts out security and their personnel serve as supervisors. Unless your friend's dad retired young, he is probably employed by a security company rather than being an actual FPS officer.
                John from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                  I see CSOs everyday outside the courthouse and feel sorry for them. Standing for hours in the hot sun. Standing for hours in the freezing cold. That's no easy gig for a frog (fat retied old guy)….
                  They get about $28 an hour to START here in Iowa..........................& there are no outdoor posts at our local Federal Ct house

They never have a shortage of applicants
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut0783 View Post
                    Contracted USMS Special Deputy's for court security have been around for a long time now, pre-DHS....wonder what the Homeland Security Contract Police is, unless it is the FPS security officers.
                    The FPS/HS around here contract AGAIN with a company for security at other federal offices in Iowa (Social Security etc) They are also well paid but do not require that the officers be retired LEO's although some are. I looked into it when I retired and decided I didn't want to play their games .....NOR did I want a full time gig to begin with .

AKAL Security has the contract in the area that includes Iowa Missouri Kansas, Minnesota and maybe the Dakotas

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

They get about $28 an hour to START here in Iowa
                      No disrespect intended, but is that considered good? I'm only a state away from you (assuming your handle has significance) and that's what our starting officers make. And we're not even the best paid in the local area.

Comment

Originally posted by orangebottle View Post

No disrespect intended, but is that considered good? I'm only a state away from you (assuming your handle has significance) and that's what our starting officers make. And we're not even the best paid in the local area.
                        For a retired officer double dipping on their pension ...........mostly standing posts inside the courthouse............yea it's pretty good

I am not talking about a job that a person needs to feed the family and make the mortgage payments

Yes I am in East Central Iowa in the 2nd largest city in the State.......................

Comment

Originally posted by orangebottle View Post

I can tell you $28/hr is more than most officers in my state will ever make...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11535 users online. 404 members and 11131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X