300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife involved in active shooter incident

I think it's somewhat of a sad testament to our times that I can say my wife was recently involved in an active shooter incident, and I can still maintain a certain amount of anonymity because we seem to have so many these days.

Bottom line: She heard the shots, immediately knew what was happening, and got the **** out of Dodge. The door she exited was shattered behind her by gunfire.

The shooter was taken out by responding LEOs within 6 minutes. Thankfully, nobody (other than the shooter) died, basically because the guy didn't know how to shoot a gun.

It turned out to be a real-life exposure to how effective training can be. I'll be taking my next active-shooter training VERY seriously.

I'm glad your wife and everyone else is safe.
    "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Good for her. She’s switched ON.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

We just had one of these right outside of Aberdeen Proving Ground yesterday (thankfully, I was off from work).
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        DA Public Safety Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Talk about hitting too close to home.

I'm glad your wife was unharmed! Make sure she gets help processing the incident, if needed.

Comment

Glad everything is ok. Kudos to you and your wife, she knew exactly what to do and it saved her life. Remember to talk it through with her

Comment

Glad this one ended the way it did.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11138 users online. 427 members and 10711 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X