• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhody401
    started a topic Handcuff preference

Handcuff preference

Hello:

What company do you like for handcuffs? We are issued S&W but most of us use secondary handcuffs due to key way placement and double lock issues with those (especially during combative encounters). I purchased a pair of Peerless as recommended by someone on shift but I noticed they are somewhat smaller than my issued. I was later told Peerless tends to run smaller than other companies. Anyone have a favorite brand that they would recommend?

Thanks

• PeteBroccolo
    replied
    Double post - sorry!

Leave a comment:

• CompanyMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFDeputy17 View Post
    My primary set of cuffs are Smith & Wesson M&P chain cuffs. These cuffs have the double locking lever which makes double locking ridiculously easy and convenience. No need to introduce a handcuff key after the application of the cuffs...simply just pull the lever and both sides.
    This is what I carry and I can't imagine ever going back. More than once I've hooked a combative subjective and have had another officer remind me to double lock them. Nope, already done without the need of key sir!

Leave a comment:

• rhody401
    replied
    I would agree with you about the plasti-cuffs, however, they are against agency policy.

Leave a comment:

• PeteBroccolo
    replied
    I have suggested to my son, who carries 2 pair of Peerless (1 issued, 1 his own), and some plasti-cuffs, to buy a set of motorcycle lock-ups (the store I work at retails the MasterLock brand) for the larger "clients" or to be used a ankle shackles.

I was too cheap to buy another metal pair to carry, beyond my 1 issued pair, but did carry plasti-cuffs.

Leave a comment:

• SHU
    replied
    Originally posted by J2H View Post
    I do like that Peerless comes in different colors (I carry a set of pink ones)
    A guy I work with has some lavender ones. When I asked him why he carried them he told me he never had to worry about anyone at work stealing them.

Leave a comment:

• NWFDeputy17
    replied
    My primary set of cuffs are Smith & Wesson M&P chain cuffs. These cuffs have the double locking lever which makes double locking ridiculously easy and convenience. No need to introduce a handcuff key after the application of the cuffs...simply just pull the lever and both sides.

Leave a comment:

• DepTroop
    replied
    Smith and Wesson M100-1 with the thumb lock. So easy.

Leave a comment:

• DiveCop7940
    replied
    Smith and Wesson M&P model. The double lock doesn't require a key and can be manipulated by your fingers instead of trying to hunt for a keyhole or pushy pin.

Leave a comment:

• J2H
    replied
    I used hinged while in the Air Force, but for some reason, the Army won't allow me to without "justification"...

Leave a comment:

• allen_gamble
    replied
    I strongly prefer peerless hinged. I also have a pair of hiatt hinged for smaller wrists. I've never run into the problem of someone having wrists too large for the peerless, but from time to time I run into people whose wrists are too small for peerless (which is why I bought the hiatts). I used some Smith and Wessons for a few years and didn't really care for them.

Peerless.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Peerless. I started carrying a pair of 801's (hinged) as my primary and a pair of 700's (chain) as a secondary early in my career...the chains are noticeably smaller than the hinged, meaning they're better for smaller wrists. Oh, and never get the black ones...you'll be cleaning rust off of them constantly!
    Last edited by Bing_Oh; 09-10-2018, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• angeredmgmt
    replied
    I'm not saying Peerless or Hiatt's were any better than other manufacturers, but I preferred them since they had button style locking. I know S&W made some in button style, but they were few and far between in my local market. I never ever liked ASP due to their size and torque flex.

Leave a comment:

• J2H
    commented on 's reply
    Fine, if you don't mind a Chinese one :-)

• SHU
    replied
    Last edited by SHU; 07-07-2019, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12196 users online. 485 members and 11711 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X