Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcuff preference

Hello:

What company do you like for handcuffs? We are issued S&W but most of us use secondary handcuffs due to key way placement and double lock issues with those (especially during combative encounters). I purchased a pair of Peerless as recommended by someone on shift but I noticed they are somewhat smaller than my issued. I was later told Peerless tends to run smaller than other companies. Anyone have a favorite brand that they would recommend?

Thanks

S&W model 100's. Never had any double locking problems but then again I'm not trying to get them double locked when someone is acting up.

Comment

I carry the issued S&W 100s and have a set of Peerless
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

I have used both S&W and Peerless during my career and honestly use whatever is issued. ASP are "ok" but my money is on the others

Just stay with one of the two major brands
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

S&W and Peerless.

Comment

10-4 thanks guys

Comment

No votes for Hiatts?
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I prefer Peerless, but I've had that brand since I started. I haven't checked to see if they fit smaller than S&W, but I've encountered more people with small wrists than large ones. I think this probably is a Glock vs. S&W debate. You'll do fine with either or both brands as long as you're comfortable with the manual of arms. (A few years ago, I would have said Glock vs. SigSauer, but that was then and this is now.)

I do have a set of Hiatts handcuffs, but having been a sergeant for most of my career, I don't hook people up as much as I did in my youth. I don't think I ever used them in the real world. Peerless and S&W seemed smoother, but the Hiatts (purchased as a Safariland product) seemed good to go.
                John from Maryland

Comment

I do like that Peerless comes in different colors (I carry a set of pink ones)
                  USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                  "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                    I do like that Peerless comes in different colors (I carry a set of pink ones)
                    Related image

LMAO..... you owe me a keyboard...

Comment

• J2H
                      J2H commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fine, if you don't mind a Chinese one :-)

Peerless hinged.

Comment

I'm not saying Peerless or Hiatt's were any better than other manufacturers, but I preferred them since they had button style locking. I know S&W made some in button style, but they were few and far between in my local market. I never ever liked ASP due to their size and torque flex.

Comment

Peerless. I started carrying a pair of 801's (hinged) as my primary and a pair of 700's (chain) as a secondary early in my career...the chains are noticeably smaller than the hinged, meaning they're better for smaller wrists. Oh, and never get the black ones...you'll be cleaning rust off of them constantly!
                        Last edited by Bing_Oh; 09-10-2018, 08:11 PM.
                        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I strongly prefer peerless hinged. I also have a pair of hiatt hinged for smaller wrists. I've never run into the problem of someone having wrists too large for the peerless, but from time to time I run into people whose wrists are too small for peerless (which is why I bought the hiatts). I used some Smith and Wessons for a few years and didn't really care for them.

Peerless.

Comment

I used hinged while in the Air Force, but for some reason, the Army won't allow me to without "justification"...
                            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8127 users online. 330 members and 7797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X