300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about being a police officer in Orgeon

So me and my family are currently living in California... I work for the Stockton Police Dept. So we are thinking about relocating to Oregon and Portland PD caught my eye... Seems to be a busy city, any cops here work there? Live there? Just trying to get a general idea of the Dept and or of the city... We know nothing, but we are seriously looking into orgeon as our new spot.

Used to live/work in Oregon. Don't currently, so take this for what it's worth...

1. VERY liberal local politics in Portland.

2. VERY expensive now (median home price is $430,000. A buddy just moved there and he told me he got into a bidding war over a 2bdr/1 bath 1,100 sq ft bungalow that needs tons of work, like new roof, new wiring, new heat/AC, etc and ended up paying 460K. And he says he got a bargain).

The best kept secret in Oregon is Eastern Oregon. Better weather, more conservative and practical about things, LOTS of public land (some areas are just exceptional), high quality hunting and fishing, relatively low cost of housing (other than Bend area). Places like Baker, Burns, Pendleton, LaGrande, and Ontario. The challenge, of course, is less people = less police.
    One day, lad, this will all be yours.

Comment

There are opportunities at the smaller agencies. Like this current one in Harney County, 10,000 square miles in size with less than 10,000 people. Median house price: $104K. Absolutely spectacular country. Not for everyone, especially if they need a WalMart (closest is 130 miles away).

Attached Files
      One day, lad, this will all be yours.

Comment

There’s always amazon...drones delivered anywhere.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Portland PD is horrifically liberal. I believe they were the dept that disbanded their gang unit because they said it was discriminatory towards minorities.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6966 users online. 251 members and 6715 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X