Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is sexual discrimination legal in hiring?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke with an HR supervisor the agency yesterday. They said they need more women on staff to search female subjects they arrest. They aren't moving staff around or taking female officers off of admin details to assist with searching females who get arrested so they need to hire more females to do it.
    Last edited by SHU; 06-16-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• ChuckFinley
      ChuckFinley commented
      Editing a comment
      Same thing happened with the last ICE Agent and Deportation Officer announcement. This is the first they have done this. It is because it is a BFOQ (Bona Fide Occupational Qualification) due to the shortage of females for searching female detainees etc.

• SHU
      SHU commented
      Editing a comment
      Are they moving women around on the job to address the need or do they just plan on hiring more females to fill the need?

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    In another 20-30 years, we will cease to be an independent country or Democracy.
    Who needs democracy when we can just add the word “Democratic” to the name of our country. It seems to work for the DPRK. Seemed to work for the GDR.

I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

No commie come latelys, that’s for sure...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        That 2017 picture is why we will never win another war, be the top dog country, or have any place in the food chain. In another 20-30 years, we will cease to be an independent country or Constitutional Republic.
        I fixed it for you, as we are not a democracy.

Comment

Federally speaking, single sex preference announcements are legal under 5 CFR 332.407 and have been upheld by EEOC admin judges
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

In loss prevention, they have to have women "agents" because they need trained staff that can enter women's dressing rooms.

That would be an instance where men are discriminated against solely on their sex.

HR seemed pretty upfront about it when they were hiring back at my old job. There were no men to be hired at that point.

I am not sure how the position was advertised when we hired, but if anyone wanted to file a lawsuit, there would have been enough proof and people willing to testify to the sexual discrimination. (And people would have because they saw what they were doing as right). Seemed like no one cared because it was as good as legal.

No one was going to sue them and win. There is what is written in the law, and there is the reality of the law.

Is it justice? No, it just is.

Comment

White males were the ONLY ones hired, for YEARS, in ALL lines of work, but (more than) half of the world population is female...or was, because how do facfor for non-binary-identifying? Either way, why should women, or non-binary, NOT get hired for, and get their numbers up within, ALL lines of work, INCLUDING Policing and other Law Enforcement?

Life is tough. The only other options are to complain and not look for work, be quiet and look for other work, or die.
              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
              "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11853 users online. 388 members and 11465 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X