300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with motorcycle 'swarms'

The recent incident where a CHP officer collided with a motorcycle reminded me of a discussion some of my co-workers and I were having regarding groups of motorcycle swarms -- large groups of riders that trick, stunt, and generally disobey traffic laws, then race away when police show up. I've seen videos where the riders actively taunt police vehicles.

At minimum, the behavior is annoying to the motoring public and can cause traffic snarls; at its worst, you get incidents like the one in New York a few years ago, where a frightened driver drove over a motorcyclist then was attacked by the other bikers (including, IIRC, a couple of off-duty cops).

It seems like the trend is growing; have any departments come up with successful means of dealing with these groups?

I’ve found that all you can really do is find one that you can make an example out of and focus on them. Lots of motorcycles never stop for us either.

Comment

Just smile and wave, indicate, then pull into McDonalds for a caffeinated beverage of your choice...

Comment

I like to drive in the middle of them, then pretend to have a seizure... Sure clears them out fast.
        Last edited by CCCSD; 06-11-2018, 10:30 PM.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11063 users online. 417 members and 10646 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X