300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh, European cops are so much more evolved..."

On another forum, I read that German cops get three years of training compared to our single digit months in the academy, and how much more "professional" they are.

I thought about some of the US service members I've talked to about ***-kickings delivered by the German Polizei. I wondered if there are other tales of less-than-gentle service deliveries made by European cops we can counter the Euro policing-lovers with???? Let them fly, please!
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Google German Riot Police, some great videos....they differently do some damage and are very well trained in taken back ground and pushing groups out.

Good example their training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsXelz7oJko

In the case of Germany, their Federal Police is much more structured and education levels than in the US, but they also have the luxury of having less staffing issues than we have. Also, they don't have the same use of force issues that we have.
    Last edited by Kraut0783; 06-01-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut0783 View Post
      Google German Riot Police, some great videos....they differently do some damage and are very well trained in taken back ground and pushing groups out.

Good example their training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsXelz7oJko
      That video is actually of the South Korean Riot Police...

Comment

Well shucks....looked at a bunch of German videos and thought this one had a better overview on training to post. My apologies =)

Not too bad of one....but you get the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sECjjltxHw
        Last edited by Kraut0783; 06-01-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Polizei don't take scheisse from anyone... we worked them a few times when I was over in Germany, and they were ruthless by our standards... on the spot ticket payment (they took you to an ATM if you didn't have cash), they showed up at your house in the middle of the night for blood samples (for DUI accidents etc)...
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
            Germany, and they were ruthless by our standards... on the spot ticket payment (they took you to an ATM if you didn't have cash).
            That would seem to open the possibility for bribery allegations (both substatiated and unsubstatiated).

No wonder they lost WW2...

sigpic

Comment

We were told (as AD military) if we were taken by Polizei to the ATM for cash withdrawals, to get a receipt and turn it in to our First Shirt. In Germany, I don't think they are too worried about bribery and such stuff
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by J2H
                Polizei don't take scheisse from anyone... we worked them a few times when I was over in Germany, and they were ruthless by our standards... on the spot ticket payment (they took you to an ATM if you didn't have cash), they showed up at your house in the middle of the night for blood samples (for DUI accidents etc)...
                Originally posted by J2H View Post
                We were told (as AD military) if we were taken by Polizei to the ATM for cash withdrawals, to get a receipt and turn it in to our First Shirt. In Germany, I don't think they are too worried about bribery and such stuff
                How long ago did this occur? I've been to Germany many times and have family there...and traffic fines are most definitely not collected on the spot.

As far as the blood sample for a suspected DUI goes...not much point taking a sample the next day, is there? How is that different from what we do here?

Comment

• eagleI
                  eagleI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was pulled over in 1990 and had to pay the $140 fine at the scene because I was not a resident. He cut the fine in half to $70 since I was LEO.

2004-ish...
                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

This is a good video of German police in action.

https://youtu.be/MpbfAFvygYM

I’ve also seen a lot of hands on footage of French, Spanish and Greek police in action. French riot police get a lot of experience and have lots of technology available but Spanish and Greek police seem to prefer more traditional methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post

That would seem to open the possibility for bribery allegations (both substatiated and unsubstatiated).

No wonder they lost WW2...
                    South Carolina HP is allowed to collect cash on the spot for traffic tickets.

Comment

More professional?

isnt it against the law to denounce the Holocaust? So they don’t have a 1st Amendment.

Its illegal to be a Nazi, so no 1st Amendment, again.

Different Country, different culture, different laws. I wouldn’t use as an example of professional police services, a country who in the last 110 years has started 2 World Wars and in their second attempt used said police services to systematically round up more than 11 million people and then (again) systematically murder those 11 million people.

Its isn’t easy to go from pure evil to not, but that’s not a measure of professionalism.
                      semper destravit

Comment

Oh more demonstrations exceedingly adept policing.... Brussels’ “little ISIS” neighborhood? AYFKM?‽ how do you put on a badge and in service each day knowing full well that inside your beat/zone/district is a community that IS terrorism and you do nothing?
                        semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                          More professional?

isnt it against the law to denounce the Holocaust? So they don’t have a 1st Amendment.

Its illegal to be a Nazi, so no 1st Amendment, again.

Different Country, different culture, different laws. I wouldn’t use as an example of professional police services, a country who in the last 110 years has started 2 World Wars and in their second attempt used said police services to systematically round up more than 11 million people and then (again) systematically murder those 11 million people.

Its isn’t easy to go from pure evil to not, but that’s not a measure of professionalism.
                          When quoting history be careful of the double edged sword,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Comment

That was the army. Not the police. These aren’t even the same type of incident. A better argument would have to use chattel slavery as a comparison.

Not that American Law Enforcement hasnt had its dark moments, which lasted longer than the entire history of the Nazi party but I am not about to compare anything in this country to what that organization did between 1933 and 1945.

you can’t compare these two. There were a series of trials in Germany and at least one in Israel. A whole new category of crime was created because of the holocaust.
                            Last edited by RGDS; 06-11-2018, 09:16 AM.
                            semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6583 users online. 200 members and 6383 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X