300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOP or PBA

I live in Georgia and with the exception of Florida we dont really have Police unions in the South. The Atlanta Police Department has the International Brotherhood Of Police Officers but I dont know much about them. I would encourage all officers to join the FOP or PBA for the legal defense if you are ever involved in a Civil or Criminal matter that arises from your job. They also have representation for Administrative matters if your department screws over you. ( I am sure that none of us work for a department that would screw over us or hang us out to dry do we?) The FOP and PBA also work to get laws passed that benefit Law Enforcement. The PBA in Georgia is pushing for a better retirement for state officers, and the FOP is pushing a Federal law that would require departments to make sure that officers receive Due Process when they are charged with departmental violations. All officers in the Southern States need to stick together and fight for better pay, and retirement.

FOP all the way!
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

Comment

Everything that we have here in NJ was obtained through the lobbying of the PBA. Over the last several years the FOP has tried its best to push out the PBA, but they are only good for selling associate memberships here.
      If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
      www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Our FOP contract just went into effect at the beginning of the year. It's bringing lots of good changes.
        -Stay safe

Comment

From everything I have seen FOP in the northern states PBA south.

Comment

I would love to have legal representation to battle back with our absent minded Chief. I think I might prefer a private civl work attorney because I would think that if the Chief is buddy buddy with members of the FOP representation might not be as good as it could. We definately need representation though.
            Yeah whatever!!!! Tell it to the judge!!!!

Comment

I finally joined the FOP

I am in the south and joined the FOP , I was told the PBA here is better for legal representation for officers, costs a little more , but is better if you find yourself in court or charged with anything. Fop is more of a Fraternal brotherhood here....
              The best in reference to your problem is the Union! If you have a union that is the best by far against management or mismanagement. My agency has a union and the supervisors can't join!

Comment

Originally posted by SammyCal1
                Everything that we have here in NJ was obtained through the lobbying of the PBA. Over the last several years the FOP has tried its best to push out the PBA, but they are only good for selling associate memberships here.

Both organizations have their good points, and bad points. Unfortunately in NJ, the PBA and FOP spend as much time fighting each other, as representing us. NJ State PBA was here first, and did the lion's share of the lobbying, and getting us what we needed. That said, some FOP benefits are a little better. IMO it shouldnt matter.. we're ALL cops no matter who our bargaining agent is. (oH and for the record my Dept is PBA going back to the early 1920's)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3793 users online. 231 members and 3562 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X