Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This lands on your desk and you do....what?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This lands on your desk and you do....what?

I didn't want to put troll candy in the GLE but I saw this and I'm just baffled at the level of dumas. So I'm curious, what would you do with this....with the caveats that 1) he is an LEO who you are to handle and 2) he has a clean record to date? High five, reprimand, terminate, charge? Its your call, what say you?
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Officer needs retraining. Mr. Areola should get a years supply of Mentos Compliments of the city for his time and troubles.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I believe there will be a payout due Mr Areola also.

Comment

Nothing. I refuse to watch social media videos.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

It's not a social media video, is a news video with security footage having audio if what happened. The officer needs retraining of some sort and a some days off. He walked in on a transaction not knowing all the circs.
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

News video. That’s a non-suspect source...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

This is why I’m not a supervisor.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

It was a roll of candy. The off-duty member was not in uniform, nor aware of the entirety of what went down. Some serious discipline is required. The city is on the hook big-time. Dumb young patrolman move.
                #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                "Smile" - no!

Comment

After watching the video, all I can do is say wow.....

Comment

Officer needs to learn that off duty, you become an expert witness...

Comment

Even if he was on duty...pulling a gun on a non-violent shoplifter is not the wisest choice...doing so off duty is pure stupidity.
                      I'll chalk it up to him being young, stupid and eager.

I'm 50/50 on it. It was an honest mistake & I'm sure his intentions were good...but this type of mistake in this line of work has deadly consequences.
                      I am undecided, re-train or good bye.

Comment

Training only to teach him to not get involved off duty unless its a life or death situation. Its not worth sticking your neck out for some candy off duty. But no time on the beach needed.

Comment

Considering that M/M Areola don’t want the officer’s badge, I feel that some retraining for the officer and a small monetary settlement to the Areola family should be in order.

For a minute I thought the officer’s FTO was:

Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

He pulled a gun over petty theft? Shoplifting?

Did he think this was a robbery?

Retraining. Maybe days off? It depends a lot on what his agency’s off duty policies are.
                            semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                              Considering that M/M Areola don’t want the officer’s badge, I feel that some retraining for the officer and a small monetary settlement to the Areola family should be in order.

For a minute I thought the officer’s FTO was:
                              Nope Andy Sipowich
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6785 users online. 214 members and 6571 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X