300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who I don't write...

I'm on a temporary leave from my sabbatical and ran across the possum cop debate. Here's a partial list of the people I don't waste my time giving tickets to:

Cops
    Firemen
    Nurses (duh)
    Doctors
    Lawyers
    Judges
    Soldiers
    Marines
    Air Force people
    Truck Drivers
    Cooks
    Waitreses
    Single WORKING moms (and dads)
    Young people (unless they give me a bunch of lip)
    Old people (unless they give me a bunch of lip)
    The average tax payer and most anyone with a real job
    Dog catchers
    Parking police
    *theres more but i'm losing interest*

Now, who gets a ticket??

Anyone that's unemployed driving a new car (i.e. criminal)
    Anyone driving an unregisterd car (altered tags especially), I pay my taxes so can you.
    No insurance (I pay more a year than my car is worth and I have a perfect record)
    Driving while suspended
    Sailors (50/50 but I grew up in a navy town and they just irritate me, sorry)
    Security guards that have better stuff than me
    Most anybody drivng a car registered to someone 50 miles away or another state (usually suspended, wanted, and lacking insurance anyway)

(for the record "the car wash" doesn't count as employment or the reason you have $900 in you pocket and are standing on a corner at 11pm and match the description of the drug dealer the old lady down the street called in)
    Last edited by 10-31Mike; 04-08-2007, 11:05 PM.
    "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Originally posted by 10-31Mike
    Sailors (50/50 but I grew up in a navy town and they just irritate me, sorry)
    Some of us sailors are cops too, so which side do we fall into.

Comment

"Airforce people" lmao like they are some sort of a band of uniformed pymgy enlisties.

Comment

Do you ever wonder what your Chief or your public might think of your list of immunity?
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Screw what the chief thinks!! Is he in your patrol car with you?! NO! You write who YOU feel like..that's why most people become cops..so they can do as they please. Man..what a great list...that's my list to the "T". I am still amazed at cops who write soldiers..unless you're an MP on a base..NEVER write soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwichGrad05
            You write who YOU feel like..that's why most people become cops..so they can do as they please.
            Really, I don't know any LEO's who became cops to do as they please Most guys I know, do it for less selfish reasons...retirement, medical benefits, job security, money, something new each day...

Do you really feel you're "immune to the law!"
            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by NorwichGrad05
              I am still amazed at cops who write soldiers..unless you're an MP on a base..NEVER write soldiers.
              How about the one going 30 over in a residential neighborhood. Or the one going 85 in a 50 zone with no insurance or registration. Or how about the military party house where we had to go there 6 times in one weekend for all the drunken yelling trouble makers. I respect what our military does for our country, but they must also respect my community. Have you seen some of the people the navy is recruiting these days....pretty bad.

And speaking of pretty bad....NO I did not become a cop so I could do as I please. That statement says a lot.

Comment

Norwichgrad05.......I hope by the statement "doing what they please" you meant the proper use of officer discretion. I doubt if any other LEO on this board would say they signed on to a LE job to do whatever they pleased. That type of attitude does nothing good for any of us NYers when we travel out of state.

Comment

Sailors

All of us have a right to our opinion, but since I have Navy veterans in my family I must say something about the remarks made toward sailors. Are there misfits in the Navy? I am sure there are just like the other branches of the military. Dont forget about the Navy people that have died for this country. They gave just as much as any Marine, Soldier, or Airman did.

Comment

I don't think I 'd publish my does and does not get a ticket list but the ones that deserve tickets get them and the ones that don't, do not.
                    That list is very interesting though.
                    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Hmmm.....some bad, poorly guided young guns cropping up around here.

Maybe it's me, but I always felt kind of humble and grateful to have my position of trust in my community and felt I was supposed to apply the law without favor. Discretion has to do with whther or not we write a citation and not, to whom it is or is not written, especially based upon an occupation held. Big difference.

Just my opinion.
                      The All New
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

1042, as usual, well said .
                        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Trooper.....You would like me to believe that in your career you never factored in the "who" when toting up the score in deciding how to apply your discretionary powers in a traffic stop?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32
                            Norwichgrad05.......I hope by the statement "doing what they please" you meant the proper use of officer discretion. I doubt if any other LEO on this board would say they signed on to a LE job to do whatever they pleased. That type of attitude does nothing good for any of us NYers when we travel out of state.
                            That came out wrong..when I said "do as they please", I meant the autonomy of being a police officer. I don't want people to start thinking I wanna be Vic Mackey out in the street. No, none of us are immune to the law, especially as a NY cop, I know that. They hang cops out to dry every day. Some deserving..other times they pose the cop being wrong before the perp who has a sheet as long as train smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                              Hmmm.....some bad, poorly guided young guns cropping up around here.

Maybe it's me, but I always felt kind of humble and grateful to have my position of trust in my community and felt I was supposed to apply the law without favor. Discretion has to do with whther or not we write a citation and not, to whom it is or is not written, especially based upon an occupation held. Big difference.

Just my opinion.
                              That's it.

"One thing about it boys, once Momma goes in the book, anyone's fair game!"
                              (As the Trooper replied when told that rumor mill had it that he had written his own momma a ticket once ... )

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6301 users online. 358 members and 5943 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X