300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE swag ideas

In June I will be in Colombia hanging out w/the assistant "el jefe" of the Colombian National Police. I want to bring some US police SAWG to Colombia to give to him. Currently I have an agency hat and a few patches . I'm trying to get one of our old badges as well. Can y'all think of anything cool I could bring??? (besides the normal police stuff)
    Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
    In June I will be in Colombia hanging out w/the assistant "el jefe" of the Colombian National Police. I want to bring some US police SAWG to Colombia to give to him. Currently I have an agency hat and a few patches . I'm trying to get one of our old badges as well. Can y'all think of anything cool I could bring??? (besides the normal police stuff)
    Department and specialized unit challenge coins and patches.

Comment

Don't limit yourself to your own agency. Look for miniature badge pins and challenge coins. Also, check with your state police agency PAO. PAOs usually have a treasure trove of giveaways such as presentation pens, golf balls with agency logos, etc. for VIPs and regular pens, t-shirts, kids toys, key chains, etc. You'd be surprised at how much they might have laying around that is printed in Spanish they can't give away because no one wants them.

Many years ago I went to Cuba for a narcotics trafficking conference. Because California is heavily Hispanic, our PAO had an entire storage shed full of giveaways, all printed in Spanish. I took down patches in presentation folders that explained the meaning and history of the patch, all in Spanish, boxes of pens with our agency name and message in Spanish, light up blinky toys for the kids with the agency logo and mascot on them, and when I left la Isla, there were a ton of Cubans (the majority of whom do not drive cars) wearing t-shirts with the agency logo and mascot that said in Spanish, "Buckle Up Your Child." I went down with one whole suitcase of giveaways that came back empty.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        Many years ago I went to Cuba for a narcotics trafficking conference. Because California is heavily Hispanic, our PAO had an entire storage shed full of giveaways, all printed in Spanish. I took down patches in presentation folders that explained the meaning and history of the patch, all in Spanish, boxes of pens with our agency name and message in Spanish, light up blinky toys for the kids with the agency logo and mascot on them, and when I left la Isla, there were a ton of Cubans (the majority of whom do not drive cars) wearing t-shirts with the agency logo and mascot that said in Spanish, "Buckle Up Your Child." I went down with one whole suitcase of giveaways that came back empty.
        What a waste of a suitcase. Should have filled it with cigars on the way home.

Comment

there is a member here that goes by SWATOP 806 or something like that who sells swag
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

What a waste of a suitcase. Should have filled it with cigars on the way home.
            Back then you could only bring back $100 worth of goods and a box of good cigars cost far more than that. The best I could do for $100 or less was buy a box of cheapo Romeo and Julieta's and distribute them among the troops when I got back. They were impressed because they came in a metal tube printed in Spanish and with Cuban markings. In reality, they didn't know the difference between one of those and a Cohiba.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• HI629
              HI629 commented
              Editing a comment
              Either Montecristo or Cohiba for me.

• BTDT2
              BTDT2 commented
              Editing a comment
              "they didn't know the difference between one of those and a Cohiba"

They do now.....

Disclaimer: Always wear your seat belt.

One could bulk order the combination bottle opener/seat belt buckle for a very low price per unit. Trying to write a report in the air conditioning while the alarm goes ding*ding*ding is probably a universal frustration for police.

Comment

Since there was a mention of challenge coins in here. I am a collector/trader and would love to trade/buy LE related coins.
              mbrinson@ufl.edu

Comment

Originally posted by espantoon View Post
                Disclaimer: Always wear your seat belt.

One could bulk order the combination bottle opener/seat belt buckle for a very low price per unit. Trying to write a report in the air conditioning while the alarm goes ding*ding*ding is probably a universal frustration for police.
                Buckle it behind your back. Works for me.
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

the trip was awesome. the Colombian national police rolled out the red carpet for us (personal body guard, time at thermal spas, etc).
                  Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13703 users online. 500 members and 13203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X