300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD to get new Training Academy

Congrats to the gals and non-gals of NYPD on getting a new academy. The potential price tag of $1 billion is a little unnerving, but hey, that's what happens when facilities are not maintained / expanded.

My Force is going through similar problems with our Academy, but at least we have lots of land to expand on - its just that we are trying to expand / renovate at the same time as maxing out the candidate intake.
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

NYPD-new academy

Problems of progress, Pete. Aren't they grand? We, (Alabama DPS) are in need of a new physical plant for our Academy. That said, I'm always really glad when an allied agency is able to move forward in that direction. A billion dollars sounds a bit much, but at the end of the day, I suppose that what we invest at this end, will pay dividends at the other end.

Comment

If what is proposed comes through the NYPD Academy will rival any other. The plans given in the news articles show mock subway stations, village and I believe 2 evoc course. Training would be available for up to 5,000 officers at a time.

Improved training is finally catching on in NY. My agency, the State Courts, is spending over 30 million on a new Academy in Brookly and at the same time building an Academy upstate NY in Saratoga.

Comment

how about they scrap the 1 billion dollar building and give their officers a raise.

i sure as hell would never work for the wages they make currently.
        -Stay safe

Comment

All the construction money comes out of future money....municipal bonds.....so our great grandkids can pay for tomorrows academy.....todays raise come out of todays income.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5179 users online. 316 members and 4863 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X