300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    Wear a suit when you go in for the interview. Gray/navy/black, white shirt and conservative tie. Shine your shoes. Get a haircut, shave...

Your a military man, take those basic skills Uncle Sam taught us and put them to good use.

It never ceases to amaze me how many applicants come in and don’t do these simple things. And people notice!
    suit & shave, no question. went with navy suit, blue shirt, yellow tie. they didnt kick me out for it.

you mean applicants come in without a suit & unshaven? being serious. i would never consider showing up to any phases without these

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
    You're overthinking it. 'Tell us a little about yourself' means 'So what have you done with your life?'. Nothing more.

Be natural. Be focused. Sell yourself but don't overdo it. Sometimes less is more.

Get a good night sleep. Then get up early and go for a run.

Good luck.
    i overthought it

kept answers brief but thorough. passed the interview, written & pt this morning.

Comment

Congrats.

And yes, I’m serious.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Glad the interview went well! Good luck with the rest of the process. Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
          Glad the interview went well! Good luck with the rest of the process. Keep us posted.
          Made it through each stage. Psychologist didn’t recommend me moving forward. It’s done. By far one of the toughest “no’s” I’ve had. Traveled quite a bit for it, OH to CO.

Thanks anyways everyone. It appears I was never cut-out to make it or be given a chance as a full-time’r. My former supervisors say therwise but the psychologist, in the end, has the final say.

Comment

• reils49
            reils49 commented
            Editing a comment
            Keep trying.

• PeteBroccolo
            PeteBroccolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Given your rant about the 2 psychiatrists / psychologists that gonged you, and your reactions to our comments, maybe you should consider another, non-law enforcement and non-firearm carrying line of work.

Originally posted by Ohio1408 View Post

Made it through each stage. Psychologist didn’t recommend me moving forward. It’s done. By far one of the toughest “no’s” I’ve had. Traveled quite a bit for it, OH to CO.

Thanks anyways everyone. It appears I was never cut-out to make it or be given a chance as a full-time’r. My former supervisors say therwise but the psychologist, in the end, has the final say.
          Nothing Is Over Until You Stop Trying.

Comment

Try another department. That may only mean you didn't fit the psych profile for that department.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13751 users online. 455 members and 13296 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X