300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Problems with F.D. guys....

Hey guys and gals the following was spread to us at work from our in service trainers... read what it says and watch the video on the link provided, all I can say is it is simply unbelieveable, thank god I don't work anywhere near these meat heads! what do you think. You would think in a pinch the F.D. would back us up... NOT these guys...

As if you needed an excuse to write a bucket head, all gloves are off now. The Vancouver Fire Dept. took a break from ball hockey and cruising up and down Granville St. looking at girls to assist one of their own this last weekend. A drunk off duty Fireman and his son crashed his car into the wall of a down town business. Fire was the first on scene and was able to determine that the off duty fireman was not driving...........but instead they found a female friend to fill in as the driver. When VPD arrived they tried to get ID from the off duty fireman's son who told the member to **** off as he did not have to tell him anything. The father then jumped in between the member and his son, and after telling the member to **** off he pushed the member back. This all occurred in front of on duty fire fighters who formed a circle to prevent other police officers from getting in, or the public from helping the three members who were now in a full blown fight. ( did I mention the son and father pride themselves as mix martial artist). Eventually cover came, and also four police officers were injured in a crash coming to cover. When the dust settled the on duty firemen were asked to provide statements to which they replied. " We did not see anything we were loading the truck".
    Later a Sgt. Went back to the firewall and explained to captain bucket head that if pen did not start going to paper bad things were about to happen. So they all provided three line statements. Fireman ****** wrote in his statement about the guilty feeling he was having because he was not able to help a fellow fireman( Please take it easy on fireman ******, as he has his own problems, he was arrested in Coquitlam last month for shoplifting and he had a small amount of powder cocaine in his pocket....Glad to see he is able to continue hero work).
    Since the incident Fire has claimed they did not see the incident start. Until Youtube.... A citizen hoping to catch police fighting on his cell phone recorded the whole incident (go to youtube type in Vancouver Police and you can see for yourself).
    We were all discussed by the Vancouver Fire actions and response to the incident.

DO ME A FAVOUR; AND SEND THIS ACROSS CANADA - AND THE WORLD!

Subject: Vancouver Police - No Cooperation from Vancouver Fire

Vancouver Police - No Cooperation from Vancouver Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pATjJVdalZc

Here's the video...
    Last edited by Tack69; 04-05-2007, 12:20 PM.
    Play hard, play fair, and above all play safe!

This type of situation is not at all rare unfortunately, and because of the moral decline of society this type of thing will continue to occur. Im not just talking about police vs. fire, im talking about the whole spectrum of variables, police vs. police, fire vs. fire, etc. That being said I still hold firefighters in very high regard.
    Last edited by Silvershield; 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM. Reason: correct spelling, additional comments
    I Peter 2:13 “Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; (14) Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.” Visit 10-4 Ministries

Comment

If this little mess happened the way you say, it seems to me the cops on scene have no one to blame but themselves for the way it turned out. Anyone and everyone involved in obstructing police investigation should have gone to jail...that includes on duty fireman.

I'm thinking there's more to the story
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I am dual certified as both a firefighter and an LEO, don't take these rare circumstances and apply it to all. I know of many a firefighters that would be there for any cop if he was in trouble. Of course there are those few, but if you think about "cop world" we have them few in our group as well. With that said this does not excuse anyone from acting like those in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by scannerson
          I am dual certified as both a firefighter and an LEO, don't take these rare circumstances and apply it to all. I know of many a firefighters that would be there for any cop if he was in trouble. Of course there are those few, but if you think about "cop world" we have them few in our group as well. With that said this does not excuse anyone from acting like those in the article.
          No kidding. One agency I applied with brought up the fact that I was a volunteer firefighter. The investigator said the police and fire do not get along, and they do not associate in that city. He said they do their own thing, and avoid each other as much as possible. He told me that if hired, I shouldn't associate with any of the firefighters, even though I have that in my background. That agency was not for me.

At my last agency, I used to go over to the fire department and just hang out with those guys on slow sunday mornings. I know if things were bad, and no other officers were around, I sure hoped those fire boys would be close, because they weren't afraid to get their hands dirty to help you out. I enjoyed them as co-workers, and as friends. All jokes aside, if I got hurt on duty, I'd want them to get there first, and they'd do whatever they could to make that happen.

Those circumstances above are way off from being the norm.

Comment

I have worked at two different agencies and I have had nothing but a good working relationship with the FD and even when they had to fill out a statement it was all good no complaintants. Plus I dated a paramedic.

Comment

My area is atypical

We work very well with the FD in my city. Our unions are working together as a team to get bargaining rights. I stop by the station all the time to use the restroom or the wireless hotspot and the firefighters are always friendly and have offered to share their food with me. Generally speaking, we have a good working relationship with the FD in my city. That being said, I still wear my FOP shirt proudly that says, "God made Police so Firemen would have heroes"
              He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
              -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              -- Hemingway

Comment

Nothing. Sorry.
                Last edited by Fëanor; 04-05-2007, 10:09 PM.

Comment

That wasn't as bad as I expected the way you wrote it that they were blocking other cops from getting in. People with the cameras were standing right there not getting involved. That being said, f- them for not helping.
                  For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop
                    If this little mess happened the way you say, it seems to me the cops on scene have no one to blame but themselves for the way it turned out. Anyone and everyone involved in obstructing police investigation should have gone to jail...that includes on duty fireman.

I'm thinking there's more to the story
                    Thank you. You get in my way when I am woorking, you go too. We get along great w/our FD. They have helped us out in serveral cases. We actually arrested a Fire Captain last month for DUI. We had Firemen call us and thank us because the guy was a jerk.

Comment

I would have had somebody's a*s if I were the Sgt. on scene .

Comment

that was bull****. Were lucky we get along with fire in my area but had i been one of those officer fightign with 6 firemen sitting and watching i woulda taken someone down for failure to aide a police officer when requested. Its a little law on the books in AZ it is a none enforced law but i would ruin someones night and take my OT to have the judge tell me forget it.

Comment

I would like to see where the original poster found where it says they 'replaced the driver' with a female. The only thing that happened in this brawl was the father and son resisting...police arresting them and the on duty firefighters not intervening. It says nowhere that the officers requested help from the on duty firefighters.

Comment

This was sent out through our training branch by a detective with the vancouver b.c. pd.

I don't have any more than that, but I can tell you that if a fireman was having a hard time handling a hose and needed a hand, I would jump in if I was at the scene.

Again I don't have specifics but thats the way it came to me, and to me its BU#$SH*T.
                            Play hard, play fair, and above all play safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2586 users online. 137 members and 2449 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X