Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on making it to the finish line. I'm getting closer myself, a handful of firearms requals away. Matter of fact, just today, I was asked if I needed a new fuel card. When I saw that the expiration date was still a couple years off, I answered, "I should be good!"

I'm not sure what's next, but I found inspiration in an article I recently read about a guy who retired in his 50s from one agency, then went to work for 22 years at another:

LeMar Worley doesn’t see much reason why his 50-year career in uniform would need to attract any attention.

“Nah, it’s just been a job,” he said of 28 years as a wildlife officer with the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission and 22 years as a deputy with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...on/1041821001/
    Whatever you are, be a good one.

-Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Curt5811
      Curt5811 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very admirable, but not for me. If I get a new job, it won't be LE related. Maybe mowing lawns at a golf course.

Thank you all for the well wishes. You guys are the best.
    When the manure hits the fan, it's never evenly distributed.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post
      Goood luck to you buddy. Wish you nothing but the best. Work or no work anymore, just be as happy as you can each day. You have tons of birthdays, anniversaries, school games, and other things to make up for.

Comment

• Curt5811
        Curt5811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Aint that the truth.

Congrats on retiring, I’m sure it’s a surreal feeling.

Hope the retirement years treat you well.

One thing I wish I could change in the Fed LE system is mandatory retirement at 57. Then again, by the time I get to that age I may be dying to get out.

Be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by BP3 View Post
        Congrats on retiring, I’m sure it’s a surreal feeling.

Hope the retirement years treat you well.

One thing I wish I could change in the Fed LE system is mandatory retirement at 57. Then again, by the time I get to that age I may be dying to get out.

Be safe.
        We don't have a mandatory age until 67 for peace officers................................
        but I was out shortly before my 30th anniversary at 55.................and more than ready
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Retirement Shinebox on the way!!!

Hahaha...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Congrats! Getting paid to stay away and not care is awesome. You will find yourself not knowing what day of the week it is, because for us, every day is Saturday.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Congrats.... I remember feeling "super-weird" for a full year after retiring, then "really weird" for about 5 years, and then "sorta weird" for another 5 years, now I know that "something's missing", but I don't really give a crap what it is.

Comment

I just got back from my appointment this morning in the HR office. Signed the retirement papers. Last work day (turn in my equipment) will be Mar 3.

I stayed four years beyond my eligibility date. I've looked forward to this for a long time, but it just always seemed it was in the abstract.

Actually doing it still has a feeling of unreality to it. Not entirely sure if I'm exactly happy, sad, anxious, or what.

My wife is happier than hell... she's got the list already to go.
                I second the congratulations, warnings about your home-boss' intentions towards you, and advice about retirement-gig BS-level-tolerance of my semi-learned and far-uglier-older-and-less-hair-possessing fellow retirees above!

I have held a number of jobs since pulling the pin: casual dispatcher for the Municipal PS, full-time supervisor for a security company at a steel plant, warehouse / sales associate at my local Canadian Tire, go-fer at a florist, warehouse associate at Walmart, temporary assistant to the Local Returning Officer for Province-wide election, teller at a bank, and shuttle / delivery driver and general go-fer at a Chrysler dealer.

I am busy with my RC Church Parish (choir singer - gratis), casual bartender for my Church hall (when rented for non-Parish events - contract paid), act / direct / build sets / run sound for my community theatre group (gratis), have 2 positions with KofC (mostly gratis), and was delivering Meals-On-Wheels (gratis) or driving clients out-of-town (clients pay a stipend) for my hospital.

Life is great, my wife is hot, and I have lots of dark hair - I wish the same for you!
                #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                "Smile" - no!

Comment

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Comment

May all the years ahead bring you great joy and relaxation. Happy retirement!!!!
                    Any particular reason you selected Saturday March 3, Bulgaria Liberation Day?
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 2/19/2018

My bad, I neglected to check Badger State demographics prior to posting.... I was told by another member BLD was a celebrated holiday in your State and a number of large departments have gaida (a traditional goat-skin bagpipe) and kaval (an end-blown flute) bands. Nevertheless I still wish you a long and healthy retirement.
                    Last edited by BTDT2; 02-19-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
                      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post
                        Any particular reason you selected Saturday March 3, Bulgaria Liberation Day
                        No reason, why do you ask?

When the manure hits the fan, it's never evenly distributed.

Comment

I always thought THIS was you
                          Attached Files
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

No reason, why do you ask?
                            35 years OTJ and I never known anyone selecting March 3rd (Bulgaria Liberation Day) as their last work day.
                            Last edited by BTDT2; 02-19-2018, 01:21 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8676 users online. 341 members and 8335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X