Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Wear?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has experence with the UC Thunder wear holsters? Another investigator has one and loves it, but i wanted some more opinions. Thanks!

Originally posted by Mikeyg76
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has experence with the UC Thunder wear holsters? Another investigator has one and loves it, but i wanted some more opinions. Thanks!
    I had one - I might still have it buried in a box somewhere. Thunderwear is this pouch-type garment that looks a little like a carpenter's nail apron. You secure the belt around your waist, and the gun goes into the pouch in front. Your pants go over the top of the whole thing. One model had another smaller pouch that would ride over one hip, where a badge wallet and/or cuffs could be carried.

It's safer than just sticking a gun into your waistband, but just barely. There is no structure to keep the gun from shifting, and there is the possibility that something will hang on the trigger in a draw and cause a boom when you wanted no boom (I was trying to avoid the term "involuntary discharge" here).

The ads for it make it look like the gun is invisible. Well, if you're really lean and your pants are loose, and the fabric is heavy (like with jeans), then it's a pretty concealable setup. If any of these conditions don't apply, get ready for a lot of "is that a gun in your pants, or are you just glad to see me?" jokes.

It's also not too comfortable when you sit down, because the gun is going to be pushing into your gut. I tried it out a few times, and then it went into the bottom of the drawer with a bunch of other failed concealed gun experiments.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Nice, Thanks for the reply Tim!! I must say you made me think about the "involuntary discharge" . I think i will stay away from this type of Concealment holster. Any good suggestions for a Glock 23 .40 Cal? Thanks!

Comment

If you don't mind not tucking in your shirt, try a Bianchi half holster. They use to be number #5 series. But I have had mine about 10 years. They were also called "The Widowmaker" at one time. It is basically a half-holster w/ a thumb break. You can put a full size Glock in it, and the barrell sticks out the bottom, but you still have good concealment because it fits tight against your side w/ 2 belt holes. If you carry a small frame Glock, it fits just the same, but w/out the barrell sticking out. It's a really good holster, my favorite of my vast collection of off duty wear. I am not "slim" by any means, but it is still very concealed.

Comment

Thunder Wear

I actually like the Thunder wear. I carry a Glock 27 off-duty & haven't had any problems. I like it because it is completely concealed, no matter what I am wearing. I will admit that after about nine hours, I'm glad to get rid off it. But someplace, especially in a large crowd such as a concert, fair, etc, it is nice because even if someone bumps into you accidently, they have no clue you have a weapon.

Like any off-duty system, it has its time & place.

Lt. St. P

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6397 users online. 369 members and 6028 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X