Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see if the "thin blue line" really exists...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This guy needs to realize he has NO business being a cop. I’m offended that he’s trying to use TBL as a means to be funded to try and sue due to HIS screwups.

    I WILL, however, support him by sending him a Shinebox so that he may learn humility and earn money.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

    Comment


    • #17
      I agree. None of that story makes any sense. So:

      1. You decide to try and prosecute the victim of a sex crime.
      2. The county attorney agrees to it
      3. No one out of yourself, your chain of command and the prosecuting county attorney knows how to properly conduct an undercover online investigation, but decide to attempt it anyway
      4. Despite the fact that it was an authorized investigation not only does your agency and county attorney refuse to notify the Feds of that fact after they seize your home computers they refuse to indemnify you for actions taken in the official course of employment

      like the others have said, leaving aside the arrest and warrant the trying to prosecute a victim and apparent incompetence in investigations will be huge issues themselves

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
        So you went to court with your attorney and the original charges were dismissed. So what court date did you miss?? Why were you expected to show up in court after the charges had been dismissed? I just don't get this at all.

        There's gotta be soooo much more to this story....
        Yeah, that caught me, too. If charges are dismissed, the case is over. No more court dates. If computers and electronics are returned, then they are no longer needed as evidence... because the case is over.

        I'm not getting why a simple arrest record & booking has irreparably destroyed your career. Lots of cops have been arrested with the charges later dropped, and they're back to work. An arrest record is not a conviction. Some agency heads might not want to hire you, but I think that's more the result of how badly you mishandled this, and your admitted improper use of the TIME system for personal business. You know the agency can lose its access for these kinds of shenanigans, right?

        I can easily understand why the agency wouldn't appoint or supply you with an attorney. It has nothing to do with being union or not. I work in a union shop, they won't give me a union paid attorney for criminal charges. They may give me a courtesy and come to my initial appearance because its normally held on short notice, but then I have to hire one. The union attorney is there to represent me in any IA discipline that might be incidental to the case. For the criminal case, I'm on my own. As for the County or the Sheriff's attorney, they'll represent me as an employee if I am named in a civil suit against the department, but only after the criminal case is over.

        I'm not going to call this guy a liar, but as pointed out... more than a few serious mistakes were made by this officer. He was confronted by evidence of crimes that were far outside of his normal capabilities. Why didn't he spit-ball this idea with a real investigator.. hopefully one with more experience in child enticement cases? Or at least a supervisor? If he's in a small agency, he could have reached out to the state guys. Why would a SRO try to conduct some sort of half-assed sting operation against this girl... no matter how bad she may have been?

        The whole story is fubar on multiple levels.

        Mr Taylor, I wish you well, but I can't contribute. If that means I violate the "thin blue line", then that's the way it goes.
        When the manure hits the fan, it's never evenly distributed.

        Comment


        • #19
          ...soliciting a minor to send him nude photos, as PART of his investigation. Yeah... EPIC Clownshoes.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

          Comment


          • #20
            Trying to read this made my head hurt. This whole story reminds me of a monkey fornicating with a football
            In God We Trust
            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

            Comment


          • #21
            You know, you're all right. I've been really questioning if I should go back. Many days I don't think I want to return, and I think I had a good run while it lasted and I'm going to just drop the whole thing.

            I think I'm getting wound up to the point my judgement is being affected. I've been really trying to look at myself from an outside perspective. Maybe I'm not ready anymore. In fact, I spoke to my wife about this at length and we both think I should just move on. It'll be better for everyone. I really did mess up and my judgement was clouded then too.

            The donation I have is from my best friend up north. I'm going to deactivate this, send it back to him and move on. I just get upset what happened, but I'm going to have to put it behind me or I'm just going to become a bitter, angry old man just ****ed at the government. And sometimes I'm just too open I guess. Internal filter...

            Ya'll were pretty blunt and I really appreciate it and respect your opinions. You are all right. I'm going to hang it up and move on. It's best for everyone.

            Everyone stay safe and thanks for the input. Be good K?

            Rob

            Comment


            • #22
              Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              ...soliciting a minor to send him nude photos, as PART of his investigation. Yeah... EPIC Clownshoes.
              Deep down OP is probably one of those "chomo" types that slipped through the cracks. I bet he enjoyed every minute he spend "reviewing" the photos in question.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

              Comment


              • #23
                Originally posted by robrtaylor View Post
                You know, you're all right. I've been really questioning if I should go back. Many days I don't think I want to return, and I think I had a good run while it lasted and I'm going to just drop the whole thing.

                I think I'm getting wound up to the point my judgement is being affected. I've been really trying to look at myself from an outside perspective. Maybe I'm not ready anymore. In fact, I spoke to my wife about this at length and we both think I should just move on. It'll be better for everyone. I really did mess up and my judgement was clouded then too.

                The donation I have is from my best friend up north. I'm going to deactivate this, send it back to him and move on. I just get upset what happened, but I'm going to have to put it behind me or I'm just going to become a bitter, angry old man just ****ed at the government. And sometimes I'm just too open I guess. Internal filter...

                Ya'll were pretty blunt and I really appreciate it and respect your opinions. You are all right. I'm going to hang it up and move on. It's best for everyone.

                Everyone stay safe and thanks for the input. Be good K?

                Rob
                This job is such that literally ANYONE can handle the regular routine, mindless tasks of day to day police work. You pull someone over, you write up a citation. You take an accident report. You handle a neighbor dispute. We have lots of coworkers that can handle the routine without screwing anything up.

                That stuff is not what a good cop should be evaluated on. Instead, we should be judged on how we handle those out-of-the-ordinary complicated, horrific, completely f***ed up situations. On whether we can keep our wits and our perspective and do the work needed, in the face of situations that make others throw up, or lash out, or totally break down.

                What we don't have lots of... are those reliable, rock-steady workers that can be counted on to do it right, no matter what they find themselves in. Think about all the officers you work with today. Are there some you would follow into an active shooter scenario and some you would have to lead... and are there some that you wished were off that day? Not all of us can know every aspect of everything we are tasked with, so I respect those that recognize the times when they need to call in the specialists.

                Mr Taylor... There is no shame in admitting this profession isn't for you. You handled the routine for what? More than ten years? You did okay... until you were confronted with a situation that didn't fit the script. You didn't recognize that you were in over your head and needed help from more experienced officers. You failed to keep perspective and composure. You got tunnel-vision on a young girl that wasn't going with the program and responded to her bad attitude and acting out as a personal insult that had to be answered, instead of being the defense mechanism of a child who didn't know any better. You let ego get in the way. We can't do that.

                Good luck in your future career, whatever that may be.
                When the manure hits the fan, it's never evenly distributed.

                Comment


                • #24
                  The incompetence, hubris in trying to ensnare the victim, and the lack of department supervision is shocking. This is Barney Fife at multiple levels.

                  It looks to me like it was motivated by anger and frustration toward the juvenile. What training have you had in sex crime investigations? In juvenile cases? What about in juvenile sex crimes? Ever consider the big picture? That she might be acting that way due to ongoing abuse? What about her mental condition? There is a reason why sex crimes are handled by specialists. There is a standard of training and procedure that you obviously not only don't meet, but aren't even aware of.

                  If an investigation is complex above your level of training and experience, get help with it. Pass it on to a qualified detective. If there isn't one, then just accept that you aren't going to catch every crook. Having a case die on the vine is better than winding up with a sustained IA, a Brady issue or a federal civil rights conviction. Or in PC for 25 years as a Chester.

                  And where the hell was your sergeant during all this? How does a patrolman or SRO go this far on a serious felony case without his supervisor being involved?

                  No, your chief was absolutely right in releasing you from further obligation to the city. With 10 years on, it isn't likely that another agency is going to be sympathetic toward you. That far into a career, there is no excuse for not handling matters n accordance with the most current standards.

                  Find a new career field.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

                  I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

                  Comment


                  • #25
                    Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                    The incompetence, hubris in trying to ensnare the victim, and the lack of department supervision is shocking. This is Barney Fife at multiple levels.

                    It looks to me like it was motivated by anger and frustration toward the juvenile. What training have you had in sex crime investigations? In juvenile cases? What about in juvenile sex crimes? Ever consider the big picture? That she might be acting that way due to ongoing abuse? What about her mental condition? There is a reason why sex crimes are handled by specialists. There is a standard of training and procedure that you obviously not only don't meet, but aren't even aware of.

                    If an investigation is complex above your level of training and experience, get help with it. Pass it on to a qualified detective. If there isn't one, then just accept that you aren't going to catch every crook. Having a case die on the vine is better than winding up with a sustained IA, a Brady issue or a federal civil rights conviction. Or in PC for 25 years as a Chester.

                    And where the hell was your sergeant during all this? How does a patrolman or SRO go this far on a serious felony case without his supervisor being involved?

                    No, your chief was absolutely right in releasing you from further obligation to the city. With 10 years on, it isn't likely that another agency is going to be sympathetic toward you. That far into a career, there is no excuse for not handling matters n accordance with the most current standards.

                    Find a new career field.
                    Ateamer hit the nail on the head.

                    I’m also wondering where was the supervisor? How did the DA’s office authorize this? Why is a patrol cop/SRO writing search warrants for and conducting investigations into this type of case? If it was an officially sanctioned investigation, which is a whole separate issue, why didn’t they say so when the feds showed up? If a small agency isn’t able to handle this case properly, why aren’t there protocols for turning it over to someone that can?

                    If I was the guy who got stuck picking up the pieces of this disaster I would have some real issues with all of these things. This story is questionable at best, and most likely criminal, but it’s a pretty good lesson for us all. Don’t be that guy.
                    Last edited by reils49; 11-15-2017, 08:14 PM.
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

                    Comment


                    • #26
                      Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      I just reported it...that’s how I read it. Just a con for some money.
                      Ditto with what others have said. The story sounds a little sketchy all around
                      Chris

                      XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar


                      http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

                      Comment


                      • #27
                        It was and is. Clownshoes.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

                        Comment


                        • #28
                          Originally posted by robrtaylor View Post
                          You know, you're all right. I've been really questioning if I should go back. Many days I don't think I want to return, and I think I had a good run while it lasted and I'm going to just drop the whole thing.

                          I think I'm getting wound up to the point my judgement is being affected. I've been really trying to look at myself from an outside perspective. Maybe I'm not ready anymore. In fact, I spoke to my wife about this at length and we both think I should just move on. It'll be better for everyone. I really did mess up and my judgement was clouded then too.

                          The donation I have is from my best friend up north. I'm going to deactivate this, send it back to him and move on. I just get upset what happened, but I'm going to have to put it behind me or I'm just going to become a bitter, angry old man just ****ed at the government. And sometimes I'm just too open I guess. Internal filter...

                          Ya'll were pretty blunt and I really appreciate it and respect your opinions. You are all right. I'm going to hang it up and move on. It's best for everyone.

                          Everyone stay safe and thanks for the input. Be good K?

                          Rob
                           
                          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

                          Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

                          George Washington, (1732-1799)
                          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

                          Originally posted by Country_Jim
                          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 11596 users online. 467 members and 11129 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X