Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see if the "thin blue line" really exists...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see if the "thin blue line" really exists...

Empty

Much respect to those who took the time to help me see this different. Last post at the bottom. Some comments were harsh, but I also want to say no hard feelings to anyone and I respect everyone's opinions. I posted one final time on it.
    The new MSN, Your customizable collection of the best in news, sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health, and lifestyle, combined with Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and more.
    Last edited by robrtaylor; 11-14-2017, 12:51 AM. Reason: Cleaning this thread up

Rob,

The thin blue line exists and we usually stand behind our own, but only if they make a good case for doing so.

Go back and look at your two posts. You make vague allegations with no explanations of what happened, how it harmed you or any background of events to put things in perspective. Then you ask for money to do something whose outcome and eventual remedy are vague and unclear to those of us that are fairly well versed in matters such as this.

You say 7K for an attorney is too much, but getting an attorney to take on a matter for less than 10K in today's market is a miracle. And for that matter, if 7K is too much, how much is your career worth? If I was worried about regaining a career that would pay me hundreds of thousands of dollars (or perhaps millions) over my lifetime in pay, benefits and retirement, $7K is cheap. I would borrow that money, or start selling stuff off in a heart beat rather than play the "too expensive" card and risk losing a fortune.

Come back when you can tell us specifically how this came about, how your lawyer failed you, what harm you suffered because of it and how suing him will fix things and get your career back. Then you might get our attention and assistance.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
      not.in.MY.town commented
      Editing a comment
      Completely agree. I was thinking along those lines...but had no idea how to word it.

I just reported it...that’s how I read it. Just a con for some money.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

FWIW...the OP posted an attorney review on yelp back in June 2017.

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?us...px2ukV21NQaZng

Unfortunately it doesn't shed more light on what actually occurred. However, I found this part interesting:

"...As Matt is in such breach of his contract, I've been able to obtain money to hire a much more reputable attorney and may be filing suit against Matt Bartlett for his absolute failure to fulfill his contract with me..."

I'm also not sure why the OP hired a Family Law and Divorce attorney...

Comment

Housekeeping.
        The new MSN, Your customizable collection of the best in news, sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health, and lifestyle, combined with Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and more.
        Last edited by robrtaylor; 11-14-2017, 12:52 AM.

Comment

What doesn't make sense is why the county you worked for did not hire an attorney for you? Why did you go to jail if your case was dismissed? What was the arrest for again? Sounds like something is fishy in Utah
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

From the Gofundme narrative:

"I’m a now former police officer of 10 years. I was assigned to a school as the SRO where I was accused of a crime I didn’t commit (including consulting with my county attorney for legal guidance on how to proceed with the case) while I was investigating a child sex offense. I had to hire my own attorney as we are non union (still can’t figure that out- why my sheriff never appointed me council). I paid my lawyer up front in full to represent me- big mistake.

Our contract outlined the following will be done by Mr. Bartlett.

Retrieve property from the State Bureau of Investigations after our family computers were seized.

Return phone calls and keep communication open.

Report to me and work with me on upcoming court dates

Represent me in court.

Mr. Bartlett pulled the ultimate con. He did come to court with me and the charges were dismissed. No evidence I committed a crime. However he did NOT take steps to retrieve my property. As a result, I was forced to act for him and I was able to obtain all of my property, again proving the allegations were false. Had I not done this, thousands of family photos on my hard drives would have eventually been destroyed by the State. I did his job for him, the job I paid him to do. Mr. Bartlett told me he had rescheduled court. He did not, therefor I was a no show. I was in jail 3 days later after I was classified as wanted for not appearing in court after specific instructions by my attorney to not show.

I have phone records showing Mr. Bartlett’s failure to simply return phone calls. I called Mr. Bartlett 33:1- 33 outbound calls and voicemails for every one returned call. Horrible service.

As a result my career is ruined. I can’t pass any background checks as a result my absolutely unnecessary arrest and booking. No one wants to hire me even with 10 years in patrol because of my arrest and booking. I’ve worked my whole life to live my dream and it’s been cut short by this mans failure to do the job I paid him for. I need YOUR help. I need to file suit in District Court and it’s going to cost. I need to hold this man accountable so he doesn’t do this to others. He needs to appear before a judge to explain himself. I need help with legal fees. I’ll have to consult with another attorney and as I’ve learned, they are not cheap.

I’ve served honorably for 10 years to my community and now I’m making 11.50/H at Walmart, instead of entering what would have been my 13th year in law enforcement of service to my community. The stress this has caused myself and my family is exponential. My career has been ruined because of this man. Please help me hold him accountable."

So you went to court with your attorney and the original charges were dismissed. So what court date did you miss?? Why were you expected to show up in court after the charges had been dismissed? I just don't get this at all.

There's gotta be soooo much more to this story....

Comment

Originally posted by robrtaylor
              Lets see if the "thin blue line" really exists...
              Yesterday, 02:53 PM
              I need your help. This is the most humiliating thing I’ve had to endure. I need to file suit in district court. My attorney Matt Bartlett, through absolute negligence as a lawyer, failed and I paid the price by being booked into jail. My Police career is ruined because of this man. I’m not hirable and can’t pass any background checks now because of his lack of basic legal skills. Anyone who knows me knows I worked damn hard to achieve my life goal to be a cop, and this man single handedly destroyed me. The stress and depression it’s caused has been staggering. Help me hold him accountable so I can try to fix my career.

I really need help on this. One attorney said he would look at it for 7K- too much IMHO so I'm shopping around.

Fundraiser by Rob Taylor : Justice NOT served

OR

https://www.paypal.me/robrtaylor

Fundraiser by Rob Taylor : Justice NOT served
              https://www.gofundme.com
              Rob Taylor needs your help today! Justice NOT served - I’m a now former police officer of 10 years. I was assigned to a school as he SRO where I was accused of a crime I didn’t commit while I was investigating a child sex offense. I had to hire my own attorney as we are non union. I paid my lawyer up front in full to represent me. Our contract outlin...
              Tags: None
              Originally posted by robrtaylor
              Good points. So what happened was I was the SRO. I had a problem child in the school, a 4 year old girl. I worked with her dad a lot- she was adopted and he was single dad. Both of us watched as the girl was spiralling out of control. She would frequently pose as an older girl online and lure in men. At this point, I didn't see her as a victim. I saw her as the problem because nothing I did, the school, her dad- no one was getting thru to her.

So I got a call of a man and girl having sex in a car during school hours. I was able to locate the car at 7-11 but just the guy was in it. He was holding his cell phone, it was on Facebook Messenger. I knew it right away- I saw the girls name on the phone. I put 2+2 together and knew it was her that was with him.

I took his phone and got myself a warrant to go through it. I took him into custody and back to the office to talk to him. I went through the phone and saw 3 months of convo's. Plus pics they were both sending. So here's me- thinking this is a great opportunity to stack the charges on her to get her into court. So what happened next was partly my fault for being stupid and my county attorney's fault for being just as stupid. I asked if I could pose as him to see if I could get her to send more pix. Problem is, I wasn't thinking 4 year old girl. I'm thinking suspect- 100% and I had had it with her. So I spoke to my county attorney and asked if I could pose as him on the phone. He said I could, but anything I obtain I couldn't use against him. No problem. I just want to stack charges on her.

She sends pics and I file charges into juvenile court. I took him to jail and her to juvenile DT. I went and I had to take screenshots of 3 months of convo's. I used my cell phone to take photos of his screen. Then I took all the pics, put them in my dropbox and went to the only computer in the office with a DVD burner. I used the computer in the office to download ha hundred screenshots from my dropbox to the DVD burner. Big BIG mistake.

Well his defence attorney filed a complaint against me for what happened. Here's the news story-

http://kutv.com/news/local/alleged-p...n#.VN1-bRkQHqD

THis all happened in January. In June I had the FBI at my door- because I used Dropbox, this now was an incident that was across state lines. So everything of mine was taken- all computers, phones, my sons PS3- everything.

During all this I was going through a divorce (good news is since the divorce my wife and I remarried and things are great. Well one day I needed her SSN for some divorce paper I needed, so I ran her DL. Another big mistake. It was discovered during the investigation into me.

So now here I am- partly my fault for not thinking right, and my county attornyey for his crappy legal advice. I asked the Sheriff for an attorney for this FBI deal. They wouldn't. So I had to hire my own.

I knew my lawyer because I'd seen him in court lots of times and he was a good guy. I paid him up front for him to do the following:

1: represent me on the charge of illegally accessing a protected computer suystem
              2: communicate with me regarding the situation by phone and appointments
              3: get my property back from the State who now had it (the FBI didn't think it was worth their time)

So regarding the charge- I screwed that one up. The charges were dismissed thankfully. But what happened was we had court on a Tuesday. I called him Monday to make sure it was still on- he said he rescheduled it for the next week out as he wasn't going to be in town. Cool- I didn't have to go that week.

On Friday, I was stopped for not using my turn signal. I then learned I had a warrant for my arrest for not showing up to court. So I was taken into custody and booked. Extremely humiliating!!! That was horrible. So when I was in, my wife called Matt. He drove up and actually bailed me out, something he says he's never had to do before.

I was livid and still am. Now I have an FBI/III record on file as I was fingerprinted and everything. This has been devastating- I can't pass any backgrounds now and no one will hire me.

I was investigated by Utah POST and I was suspended for one year which I served while I was out of police work. Since then, I've regained my status with Utah POST and I'm completely eligible to work in policing again- but no one wants me. It's a small community and my name has been trashed.

So as a result, this has been devastating to me as I worked hard to become a cop. Had I not gone to jail, this would have turned out way different. But when hiring cops- the one who hasn't been to jail recently will most likely get the job, right?

Matt had nhorrible communication. Phone records show I called him 33 times with just one callback.

Now regarding my property. He was paid to get it back. He completely failed. I got my own property back- proving that whole sex thing was bogus as I hd nothing on my computers. Everything has been returned, no thanks to him.

I want to go after him for breach of contract plus some damages. I've suffered greatly emotionally over this It's changed me forever. All I was doing was trying to do the right thing regarding the girl. I completely own up to my mistake of using the computer. I did it- and lesson learned 1000%. But what he did was wrong. He didn't fulfill his end of the contract. He took my money I paid up front, did 1/4 the work and blew me off.

I spoke to one attorney in Salt Lake and he wanted 7 grand up front to "look at it" and even give me a "written decision" if he would work it. I can't afford that risk. Now I work at Walmart for a living and the pay is no where I need it to be.

If anything, I tell cops now to have a backup plan. Some other skills to survive. Never in a million years did I think this would happen to me. Ever. But it did, and now I'm stuck picking up the peices over it.

He needs to be held accountable and I want to have him face the same judges he faces, only this time as a defendant. What he did was absolutely wrong. I messed up, took my punishment and POST has said I'm good to go again. But that whole deal being booked into jail- that's pretty hard to overcome and explain.

Sorry for the long winded story, but that's pretty much it. It's been a hellish 3 years. If I don't get hired my next August of 2018, my cert will lapse and I'd have to attend the academy again. I'm just trying to raise some funds so I can get someone on my side to help me. Life isn't fair- I know that. But I served honorably for 10 years and now it's all been yanked from me because of his inability to simply do his job.

Alleged phone sex dialogue spurs state investigation | KUTV
              http://kutv.com
              The chief of the Morgan County Sheriff's Department says the former deputy resigned from the department several months ago for unrelated reasons.

Rob, I've already spent more time looking into your story than I should have. I'm the kind of guy that'll try to help out anyone who has fallen on hard times or has gotten a raw deal. I'm also someone who would happily support a brother in blue. That's why I took the time to try and understand what happened.

That being said...your story makes me angry at YOU much more so than at your attorney. I'm not even going to bother going into detail...but the poor judgment and utter incompetence you demonstrated are absolutely staggering. The fact that you went to jail for not showing up to court would be the LEAST of my concerns. My agency would not touch you with a 110 foot pole. I'd say I'm sorry you lost your career and are unhirable...but that is 100% YOUR fault...and you have NO business being in law enforcement. Your attorney may have screwed up along the way...but it was YOUR conduct that got you into the position you are in.

You CLAIM you own your mistakes...yet here you are, three years after the incident, begging for money so you can go after your attorney whom you STILL blame for the predicament you are in. None of it is his fault. HE didn't cost you your job. HE didn't make you unhirable. YOU did that all on your own.
              Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 11-13-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Langford PR
                Langford PR commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for saving that!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t know if you’re a kiddy creeper or just an incompetent moron. Either way you shouldn’t be a police officer.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                I don’t know if you’re a kiddy creeper or just an incompetent moron. Either way you shouldn’t be a police officer.
                That just about sums up my thoughts.

And then for the OP to have the audacity to mention "the thin blue line".

Comment

Why the HELL would you have posed as the kiddy diddler? Dang, man... if you had that much give it to your DA and let them work it... don't EVER make a decision like that... that had fail written all over it
                  Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                  USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                  "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                  Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Bye-Bye. There’s a REASON you won’t ever be hired. You wouldn’t be touched with a 20 foot pole out here.

You need to just go away and don’t ever try this “Blue Line Brother” crap.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                      Why the HELL would you have posed as the kiddy diddler? Dang, man... if you had that much give it to your DA and let them work it... don't EVER make a decision like that... that had fail written all over it
                      Yeah, and the most mind boggling part is that he did all of this to go after the 14-year-old girl...to collect evidence and build a case...and "stack on the charges" against HER!!

It was an idiotic move either way...but if he did it to go after the adult predator I could at least give him credit for "meaning well". But damn, he admits he went through all this trouble to stick it to the CHILD! I don't care if she was incorrigible and promiscuous...she was still the VICTIM here. I can't fathom how ANY cop would do what the OP did...let alone a 10-year law enforcement veteran who worked as a school resource officer.

Comment

Originally posted by robrtaylor View Post
                        Good points. So what happened was I was the SRO. I had a problem child in the school, a 4 year old girl. I worked with her dad a lot- she was adopted and he was single dad. Both of us watched as the girl was spiralling out of control. She would frequently pose as an older girl online and lure in men. At this point, I didn't see her as a victim. I saw her as the problem because nothing I did, the school, her dad- no one was getting thru to her.

So I got a call of a man and girl having sex in a car during school hours. I was able to locate the car at 7-11 but just the guy was in it. He was holding his cell phone, it was on Facebook Messenger. I knew it right away- I saw the girls name on the phone. I put 2+2 together and knew it was her that was with him.

I took his phone and got myself a warrant to go through it. I took him into custody and back to the office to talk to him. I went through the phone and saw 3 months of convo's. Plus pics they were both sending. So here's me- thinking this is a great opportunity to stack the charges on her to get her into court. So what happened next was partly my fault for being stupid and my county attorney's fault for being just as stupid. I asked if I could pose as him to see if I could get her to send more pix. Problem is, I wasn't thinking 4 year old girl. I'm thinking suspect- 100% and I had had it with her. So I spoke to my county attorney and asked if I could pose as him on the phone. He said I could, but anything I obtain I couldn't use against him. No problem. I just want to stack charges on her.

She sends pics and I file charges into juvenile court. I took him to jail and her to juvenile DT. I went and I had to take screenshots of 3 months of convo's. I used my cell phone to take photos of his screen. Then I took all the pics, put them in my dropbox and went to the only computer in the office with a DVD burner. I used the computer in the office to download ha hundred screenshots from my dropbox to the DVD burner. Big BIG mistake.

Well his defence attorney filed a complaint against me for what happened. Here's the news story-

http://kutv.com/news/local/alleged-p...n#.VN1-bRkQHqD

THis all happened in January. In June I had the FBI at my door- because I used Dropbox, this now was an incident that was across state lines. So everything of mine was taken- all computers, phones, my sons PS3- everything.

During all this I was going through a divorce (good news is since the divorce my wife and I remarried and things are great. Well one day I needed her SSN for some divorce paper I needed, so I ran her DL. Another big mistake. It was discovered during the investigation into me.

So now here I am- partly my fault for not thinking right, and my county attornyey for his crappy legal advice. I asked the Sheriff for an attorney for this FBI deal. They wouldn't. So I had to hire my own.

I knew my lawyer because I'd seen him in court lots of times and he was a good guy. I paid him up front for him to do the following:

1: represent me on the charge of illegally accessing a protected computer suystem
                        2: communicate with me regarding the situation by phone and appointments
                        3: get my property back from the State who now had it (the FBI didn't think it was worth their time)

So regarding the charge- I screwed that one up. The charges were dismissed thankfully. But what happened was we had court on a Tuesday. I called him Monday to make sure it was still on- he said he rescheduled it for the next week out as he wasn't going to be in town. Cool- I didn't have to go that week.

On Friday, I was stopped for not using my turn signal. I then learned I had a warrant for my arrest for not showing up to court. So I was taken into custody and booked. Extremely humiliating!!! That was horrible. So when I was in, my wife called Matt. He drove up and actually bailed me out, something he says he's never had to do before.

I was livid and still am. Now I have an FBI/III record on file as I was fingerprinted and everything. This has been devastating- I can't pass any backgrounds now and no one will hire me.

I was investigated by Utah POST and I was suspended for one year which I served while I was out of police work. Since then, I've regained my status with Utah POST and I'm completely eligible to work in policing again- but no one wants me. It's a small community and my name has been trashed.

So as a result, this has been devastating to me as I worked hard to become a cop. Had I not gone to jail, this would have turned out way different. But when hiring cops- the one who hasn't been to jail recently will most likely get the job, right?

Matt had nhorrible communication. Phone records show I called him 33 times with just one callback.

Now regarding my property. He was paid to get it back. He completely failed. I got my own property back- proving that whole sex thing was bogus as I hd nothing on my computers. Everything has been returned, no thanks to him.

I want to go after him for breach of contract plus some damages. I've suffered greatly emotionally over this It's changed me forever. All I was doing was trying to do the right thing regarding the girl. I completely own up to my mistake of using the computer. I did it- and lesson learned 1000%. But what he did was wrong. He didn't fulfill his end of the contract. He took my money I paid up front, did 1/4 the work and blew me off.

I spoke to one attorney in Salt Lake and he wanted 7 grand up front to "look at it" and even give me a "written decision" if he would work it. I can't afford that risk. Now I work at Walmart for a living and the pay is no where I need it to be.

If anything, I tell cops now to have a backup plan. Some other skills to survive. Never in a million years did I think this would happen to me. Ever. But it did, and now I'm stuck picking up the peices over it.

He needs to be held accountable and I want to have him face the same judges he faces, only this time as a defendant. What he did was absolutely wrong. I messed up, took my punishment and POST has said I'm good to go again. But that whole deal being booked into jail- that's pretty hard to overcome and explain.

Sorry for the long winded story, but that's pretty much it. It's been a hellish 3 years. If I don't get hired my next August of 2018, my cert will lapse and I'd have to attend the academy again. I'm just trying to raise some funds so I can get someone on my side to help me. Life isn't fair- I know that. But I served honorably for 10 years and now it's all been yanked from me because of his inability to simply do his job.
                        so

was she FOUR yrs old or FOURTEEN

TO SUM UP ALL OR REPLIES................................... your story does not track true in MANY ways
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
                          not.in.MY.town commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh, I don't doubt that his story is true. I'm just stunned that he believes it's his attorney's fault that he can't get another LE job...

I’m appalled by this story. Not only did you attempt to collar a victim, but you also run your wife’s DL on the department computer? Dam dude, you’ve got issues. So much “win” must be going on in your head at any given moment.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4029 users online. 201 members and 3828 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X