Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Gall's Inc.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problems with Gall's Inc.

    Hello,

    Has anyone else been having customer service problems with Gall's lately? Ive placed four orders in the last month and every single one of them has been messed up (i.e. wrong items shipped, incorrect badges, etc.).

    After talking with some other officers, one said that Gall's was investigated and shut-down last year temporarily by the Feds. I have no idea if this is true or just rumor. Has anyone else heard of this?

    Regards,
    C

  • #2
    Originally posted by cblackthorne
    After talking with some other officers, one said that Gall's was investigated and shut-down last year temporarily by the Feds. I have no idea if this is true or just rumor. Has anyone else heard of this?
    Gall's was the subject of a Federal investigation in 2004. The case involved foreign sales of military equipment. See http://multichannelmerchant.com/news...investigation/ . I can't anything on the final disposition.

    Comment


    • #3
      I personally never had any issues with Galls. I just started buying things from Galls (they have our uniform contract) after Galls opened a store in our city.

      Comment


      • #4
        They were for many years the fastest most reliable LE equipment source in the country. Recently I had some trouble with an order they screwed up with some uniforms, but thats it. Every other time has been flawless.
        In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

        Comment


        • #5
          The only time I had a problem with Galls is when they worked with an outside vendor (vehicle graphics). 4 months to send the initial order, then 1 month to send the magnetic backings I ordered that they didn't ship.

          Every other time, great service.
          Stop Animal Testing!! (Because they really skew the grading curve...)

          Comment


          • #6
            I've used Gall's for over 10yrs. Some very good experience with them. Did have some problems with back orders but you have to expect that from time to time. Did have problem in Nov with wrong size being shipped but Gall's very good about exchanging items. Will continue to use them.
            Jeff
            ____________________________________________
            If You Don't Like The Way I Do My Job, Tell My Shift Supervisor---Wait---I AM The Shift Supervisor!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Other than them selling authentic looking (to an amature) badges to anyone with a credit card, uniforms and every other cop gadget to impersonators, including generic sworn ID cards, and, their prices being a colmplete rip off, I've no problem with them either.

              There are other VERY GOOD, reputable and discrete LE supplie companies out there.
              The All New
              2013
              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
              - M1Garand

              (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)



              Comment


              • #8
                I purchased a pair of duty boots from galls a few years back. The boots fell apart about 8 months after I got them. I still had the original box(for what reason I don't know)so I shipped them back with letter explaining my dis-satisfaction and 2 weeks later I received a brand new pair of duty boots. That's right a brand new pair of the pieces of crap I sent back. By then I had already got a new pair of boots and the galls ones are still sitting in the box.
                I think I got off track but my point was customer service was on the ball but the product was $#!+.
                "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

                "You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                  Other than them selling authentic looking (to an amature) badges to anyone with a credit card, uniforms and every other cop gadget to impersonators, including generic sworn ID cards, and, their prices being a colmplete rip off, I've no problem with them either.
                  Not to argue....but I have never, ever seen Galls sell ID Cards....and I just looked in my catalog and on-line to make sure my information was factual. They do have ID laynards and cases....but no ID Cards.....

                  Also, to get badges from them, you have to have a letter from your agency (signed by the head honcho) and they have to be shipped to your agency.....

                  Back on topic, if you are having issues with Galls, get a sales rep. That's what my last agency (and current agency) did. It will save you a hell of a lot of headache if an order is jacked up......

                  All you have to do is call, set up and account with them, and go from there.......

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by irishdep
                    I purchased a pair of duty boots from galls a few years back. The boots fell apart about 8 months after I got them. I still had the original box(for what reason I don't know)so I shipped them back with letter explaining my dis-satisfaction and 2 weeks later I received a brand new pair of duty boots. That's right a brand new pair of the pieces of crap I sent back. By then I had already got a new pair of boots and the galls ones are still sitting in the box.
                    I think I got off track but my point was customer service was on the ball but the product was $#!+.

                    Galls brand-name stuff is crap......my last two agencies bought all of us new boots and they were the Galls brand. They were horrible and I sent mine back, tossed in some extra money, and bought good boots.

                    My current agency went through Galls to buy us stuff.....and we stuck with 5.11 stuff. Pricey, but well worth the money....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I live about 15 minutes from Ray O Herron's so I never buy from Galls.
                      Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I had a problem with them sending me a nameplate. (never got it) but when I called they refunded me 100%. Other than that I havent had any problem. Super fast shipping also. Order on Monday and get on Wedensday

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cblackthorne
                          After talking with some other officers, one said that Gall's was investigated and shut-down last year temporarily by the Feds. I have no idea if this is true or just rumor. Has anyone else heard of this?
                          Actually, it was about three years ago. Federal agents served search warrants at Galls locations in Lexington, KY. Galls had allegedly shipped restricted items to certain Middle Eastern nations. The raids involved document seizures. I believe a couple of middle management personnel were charged, but I don't know if they were convicted. The warehouse was shut down for just a few days.
                          My posts are sometimes educated, sometimes informed, and sometimes blowing smoke...but they are mine and mine alone and do not reflect on anyone else (especially my employer).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i've used them before with no problems. usually i look on their website for clearance deals. lately i've been using streichers

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bearcat357
                              Not to argue....but I have never, ever seen Galls sell ID Cards....and I just looked in my catalog and on-line to make sure my information was factual. They do have ID laynards and cases....but no ID Cards.....

                              Also, to get badges from them, you have to have a letter from your agency (signed by the head honcho) and they have to be shipped to your agency.....

                              Back on topic, if you are having issues with Galls, get a sales rep. That's what my last agency (and current agency) did. It will save you a hell of a lot of headache if an order is jacked up......

                              All you have to do is call, set up and account with them, and go from there.......
                              The id cards and free badge sales were when they first appeared as a company - some 20 years ago - they were forced to stop several years ago, but they did sell both to ANYONE.
                              The All New
                              2013
                              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                              - M1Garand

                              (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)



                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3172 users online. 174 members and 2998 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X