300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did everybody go??

Years ago this place was filled with people posting. What the hell happened and where did everybody go?

You know I have wondered the same thing in the past few months. It used to be fun to read the new threads, have a good debate about things. Now this place is pretty much dead, which is a real shame because we have some great members, who have a wealth of knowledge.

I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

There are other social media that people use these days............the "forums" format isn't as friendly as it used to be.

This website has a corporate owner that really isn't interested in the forums and only moderates the area in a very loose manner which allows "trolls" to run the board for days at a time.

Then some of the regulars tend to go off the reservation sometimes................When it got real stupid in here a year ago LOTS of old timers left and just didn't come back
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It was the way the forums changed. The moderators got picky on who they blocked. Then all of the trolls asking retarded questions over and over. I remember the link there was to look at agencies by either state, federal or international. That to disappeared, go figure
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Yep. There is Full Retard on here at times, and it’s annoying enough to drive good folks away.

Comment

Social media has taken a large part of what this forum used to be for me. Easier to post from my phone, better signal to noise ratio. Also, the current climate of things in the US has made me spend less time focusing on cop stuff and doing hobbies and whatnot to clear my mind. I mainly come here, with popcorn, for the ask a cop section.

Comment

• Lady Blue
              Lady Blue commented
              Editing a comment
              AAC and squadroom when I do pop in.

The Facebook groups like "whats your 20". You would think this would still be popular with no boards on police one, real police gone, and 911jobforums all but dead.

Also it's open to the public. You can only have so much discussion in the open.

Comment

It gets old dealing with all the questions about testing, who is hiring, backgrounds, polygraph, and everything else that has been asked and answered a thousand times. If those angst-ridden millenial wimps would just take the test and wait for a phone call, the outcome would be the same and they wouldn't be bugging us. There ought to be a review of internet activity for hiring. If someone needs their hand held and a pat on the tummy at every step of the process, they don't get hired. They do get a shinebox.

That, and the tone of the moderation. Banning longtime, contributing members and allowing trolls to run rampant drives the real members away. The mods should have to be active or retired sworn LEOs. And anyone claiming LEO status should be validated.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Yep.... No Shinebox for you!

Comment

I left for a few months after being asked to be a mod.
                  I really didn't like the idea of being part of a group that wanted ME to moderate.
                  SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                  SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2016, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Damn... I NEVER get asked.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      Damn... I NEVER get asked.
                      You are now Deputized my brotha!

Comment

Yeah! Top ‘O The World, Ma!

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan
                          I don’t like the tone I hear and the insults being hurled my way. I am doing my god damned best.

But yea, I can’t disgaree. Even after I took over as ceo and founder, this place still sucks. Not like it used to be, that’s for sure.
                          CEO and founder? Who appointed you L. Ron Hubbard of this place?
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I stopped posting sometime ago because of the stupidity, as well as trying to concentrate on my personal struggle to remain retired. I decided to come back to see what you turkeys were up to while I was gone. While things seem to have settled-down, somewhat, I do note that you are all at least as ugly looking as previously, if not worse due to your advanced age!
                            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                            "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9939 users online. 431 members and 9508 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X