300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEOSA carry

I am new to this LEOSA thing... still cannot carry where "no concealed weapons" is posted correct?
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

If you mean private property, yes. No. You (we) can't.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

One reason why a lot of LEO get civilian CC licenses/permits even if they can carry under LEOSA. GFSZ is another issue where there can be confusion. With the civilian CC, GFSZ issue is clearly a "go".
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

gun free Zone?
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

So federal law says off duty cops cannot carry on school grounds but state law says we can. WTH!?!?!

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-laws/pol...hools/#federal

http://smartgunlaws.org/guns-in-schools-in-california/

J2H, ain't you federal, have you checked with your Department to see how far they will back you if involved in an off duty incident? I have some buddies that are federal and it's hit or miss what their departments will cover
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

I am Federal, yes, but my Chief said he wants us to carry off duty solely to protect ourselves if we go out, and to and from work. I actually don't even have a handgun yet, looking to buy my first
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

What he SAYS, and what is written down are two different things.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Yeah, my intent is only to directly save my life, if I am involved in a robbery or something, I would just be a good witness, not necessarily get involved
                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                  Yeah, my intent is only to directly save my life, if I am involved in a robbery or something, I would just be a good witness, not necessarily get involved
                  That's every off duty cop, GREAT WITNESS, unless life threatening. As CCCSD said what your chief says and what's written in policy at two different animals. Suppose something does happen will the chief be there to have your back? Like my 1st FTO said " when it comes down to it bit many folks will be there to pay your bills should something happen to you."

I know federal LEO system is weird as to who can carry with credientials/badge off duty and who can't. Check policy and union to be sure. Remember what the law says and what policy says are 2 different things. I know that if I'm involved in an off duty incident and followed policy and have good legal standing in covered by the department and union.

what some guys do is obtain a CCW and the supplemental insurance.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

I believe we recently got covered, I've got the official green cred and the local cred
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

I'd still make sure your 100% covered man. Get what ever documentation they send out saying your good to go to carry and save it. I'd hate for you to be the test pig if something goes south

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                        the official green cred and the local cred
                        ???
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• J2H
                          J2H commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We get an official Army credential and our DES made up colored wallet credentials

If its well concealed and the place does not have metal detectors, how would anyone know you are carrying in a location that does not allow it? Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Comment

I posed it more gee whiz. Since the local County govt building I visit along with several eateries all say no concealed weapons
                          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

• DepTroop
                            DepTroop commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You can still legally carry. Even in cities where those signs carry the rare force of law, fee free to ignore them because they have to ask you to leave first. Ten to one the proprietor is perfectly fine with sworn LEO carrying. Even if they aren't there is no reason for them to find out. Besides, in a lot of places they only prohibit Beretta handguns (tongue in cheek-If you ever visit Chicago, you'll see what I mean).

The only places I've ever had trouble are major tourist destinations where they don't allow weapons, period, for ANYBODY. But I've been made before in other places where they were very anti gun (metal detectors). They never asked me to leave.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11838 users online. 506 members and 11332 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X