Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal problem with Danner Acadia or...?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal problem with Danner Acadia or...?

Ive recently purchased (well the county did) some Danner Acadia duty boots, Ive been issued several stayles of boots from different brands but these are byfar the most painful are killing me during the first week of use.
    If my ankle bends my foot downward, it kinks up in the back of one boot and is rubbing my Achilles tendon raw. Has anyone else experienced this with these boots or am Ijust unlucky? Will it eventually break in?

I personally don't wear those boots, mainly because of the price. From what other guys have said those boots take awhile to break in. The best ones I've worn aND wear are the Bates Durashocks. Comfortable from day one and rebuildable sole.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions.

Comment

My job has been issuing us Danner Acadia boots for years and I hate them. Years back in the academy they would rub my feet raw every day. My socks would be red with blood at the end of everyday. I hate them with a passion. They are heavy as hell and the toe box is super tight for my wide feet. In the academy they never broke in for me. They felt like cinder blocks on my feet. But a lot of guys wear them on my job and love them.

Comment

Acadias and similar boots need breaking in. I did mine with a series of one-hour walks. While my feet were uncomfortable, I didn't get blisters. After 15 miles the Acadias were as comfortable as slippers.

Comment

I wear a pair of Acadias as my primary duty boots; I don't have the problems some of you guys are reporting, but I have to say that I'm not a fan. Mine fit well but they are really ****ing heavy, after a long shift it feels like I have anvils tied to my feet.

Unfortunately they are durable as hell and I am too stubborn to let $280 boots sit on a shelf, so I'm probably stuck wearing the damn things for another 10 years.

Comment

Some boots just don't fit some feet.

First, take them to a good boot store where they measure your feet and so on and make sure you're wearing the right size.

Second, try washing them in a clothes washer with warm water full cycle and then put two pair of socks on and wear them until they are dry.

If that doesn't solve the problems the boots probably just aren't right for your feet.

'm probably stuck wearing the damn things for another 10 years
            You're probably stuck with them forever. You can re-sole Danners.
            Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-28-2017, 08:51 AM.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I may be lucky and have the right foot for them. But I am on my third pair of Acadias and no issues at all. Break in for me is usually 3-4 12 hour shifts. After that they start feeling just like the last pair. Thing that sucks is yeah you can re craft them or whatever but its $200 to re craft them Can buy a brand new pair on Ebay for $230 all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantanative View Post
                Thing that sucks is yeah you can re craft them or whatever but its $200 to re craft them Can buy a brand new pair on Ebay for $230 all day long.
                damn who's rebuilding the boots man? Is that just re-soleing them?
                I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions.

Comment

The only issue I had with my Acadias was the insole. I added the standard insole my other Danners came with and have had no problems. Were you given the boot without being able to get fitted for the right size?

Comment

I like the 5.11 Atac. Comfortable from first day and keep my feet dry.

Comment

You have to add an insole to them. I just had mine resoled for 75$. I like them for patrol, they did take a while to break in, and they look good. If I didn't need a pair of boots that needed shined, I would skip the Danners and always wear my Adidas boots. But my Adidas get torn up and don't last long like my Danners do.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantanative View Post
                        I may be lucky and have the right foot for them. But I am on my third pair of Acadias and no issues at all. Break in for me is usually 3-4 12 hour shifts. After that they start feeling just like the last pair. Thing that sucks is yeah you can re craft them or whatever but its $200 to re craft them Can buy a brand new pair on Ebay for $230 all day long.
                        Try going to a local cobbler, it costs me $40 every 2 years for mine to be re-soled and you don't have to ship them. He uses the same Vibram soles as what comes from the factory.

To the OP, I use these inserts and they have been great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Were you sized properly? I have very large feet and had to have the store order the correct width for me. Since getting the correct width and breaking them in they have been the most comfortable boots I've worn. For reference I've also used Danner striker GTX, Oakley assault and 5.11.

This is also a great leather protectant, it does soften the leather so may help with break-in: https://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-LP-B...ywords=obenauf
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7476 users online. 417 members and 7059 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X