Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books for the sergeant's examboo

*Sorry for the goofy title, Books For the Sergeant Exam

Our PD will have a sergeant's exam probably at the end of 2017. Once they post notice they will give you the exact books you will need to study. However, until that happens which will be over 6 months away, is there any solid books out there that I can read that will be useful? Looking for some reading material that will bump up my odds until the assigned reading material is available. I Google searched books for Sergeant's test, etc, but would be appreciative if there's any books you guys/gals have read that enjoyed and or helped.
    Last edited by goodfella; 12-17-2016, 09:48 PM.

I would wait for their books. Odds are the test questions pertain to those books only. Thats how our promotinal test is. You can read any book you are interested in but it probably won't help on the written portion with a test like that.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

What book or books was the last promotional exam based on?

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
        What book or books was the last promotional exam based on?
        I'm not sure but that's probably my best bet. I ask the individuals that took the test last time and find out which reading material they used.

Comment

If one of them tells you The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, ask someone who passed the test.
          Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
          In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
          Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
          Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9545 users online. 493 members and 9052 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X