Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organizing your patrol car (specifically Crown Vic)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organizing your patrol car (specifically Crown Vic)

I have a lot of stuff that I carry in my car, my trunk is now overflowing with stuff, and the inside is starting to gather items too. How do you all organize the chaos?

My trunk has my riot gear bag, rescue kit, expandable cones in a bag, Big Easy door opening kit with accessories, weapon cleaning kit, spare ammo container (plastic LAPG plastic one), fingerprint kit, Narcan, hazmat equipment, bolt cutters, sledgehammer, and other odds and ends. I keep all of that in one of those kevlar Crown Vic trunk organizers.

Inside I keep my patrol bag, ticket books, forms binder, folding stock patrol rifle, IFAK, surplus first aid kit, traffic vest, winter coat, rain coat, outer carrier (for raids), spare radio battery and charger...

How do you contain all this stuff?! I thought after 10 years on, I'd have this figured out!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

It's a never ending battle. Every spring and fall, I go through my car end to end. Each item gets a critical examination as to whether it was needed or not. For example, I realized that I hadn't written a traffic ticket since 2013 so my ticket books, bond book, etc went into storage in the garage. My issued riot gear that's never been opened, into the garage. Hazmat suit that's never been worn (and probably wouldn't pass muster anymore), into the garage.

I have a summer kit and a winter kit. Universally is my rifle, plate carrier, go kit, and evidence kit. Summer kit includes rain gear, bug dope, mud boots, sunscreen, camo jumpsuit, handheld GPS. Winter kit contains insulated bibs, winter jacket, thermal balaclava, extra gloves, chemical heaters, pack boots, etc.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

My theory has always been, organized people are just too lazy to look for things.
      Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
      In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
      Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
      Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

The best way to organize a Crown Vic is to ditch it and get a Tahoe.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Pull behind trailer works well....just saying.

Anyway, from your list, I would ditch the weapon cleaning kit, unless you plan on cleaning guns while you are on patrol. I also agree with the critical review of the rest of it and ditch whatever you don't use/can't forsee using in a resonable situation unless policy dictates you keep it. The riot gear could probably go (if your username is literal and not sarcastic), etc.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Comment

I have been on FTO (complete in less than two weeks) and my partner's car is a new caprice. Talk about a cramped trunk. As much as I like his car performance wise, I always enjoy switching to my crown vic because we have so much room. I can't even imagine filling up that trunk yet. Might change my tune in a year!

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
              Pull behind trailer works well....just saying.

Anyway, from your list, I would ditch the weapon cleaning kit, unless you plan on cleaning guns while you are on patrol. I also agree with the critical review of the rest of it and ditch whatever you don't use/can't forsee using in a resonable situation unless policy dictates you keep it. The riot gear could probably go (if your username is literal and not sarcastic), etc.

Just a couple of thoughts.
              Yea, it's a literal name and play on the fact that I am short. I was issued a full set of riot gear following the riots in Baltimore. Haven't used them since and haven't needed them before, so I may leave the kit in the station with my name on it so folks know its mine. The cleaning kit is small and is mainly used for cleaning my firearm after range day. I usually just use the in-station kit but it never hurts to have my own. I might ditch that as well. I am also thinking of consolidating my ammo into one kit, I keep 5 extra loaded Glock 21 mags in my door panel as well as extra shotgun shells, and the boxed ammo is in an ammo case.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

Narcan shouldn't be stored in the car for long term unless the trunk is kept at a temp comensurate with the product. Do you garage it?
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

It's kept in my patrol bag, but I put it in my trunk during the shift.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5985 users online. 299 members and 5686 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X