Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the LDP as well as another local plan called MPPOA because apparently LDP doesn't cover you in federal court... The FOP at least here is worthless, basically just a BBQ twice a year, once to collect next years dues.
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
      I think I would be covered by the Feds if I get sued... but I do have a union (which I did not join)
      You're only covered if your agency backs you, if not you're on the hook for whatever damages are awarded (if any). We just had a guy get hit with a 300k bill.
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Go with PORAC if you can get it. FOP is nothing but a bunch of idiots who are in a club that still thinks that the EC is the epitome of LE...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

This is good for feds. Most agencies will pay 50% of the premium.

http://www.fedsprotection.com/newsstory/102

Comment

Legal Defense Plan is an absolute must. When you have to call an attorney at 4AM because you just got in an OIS there is nothing better than hearing that person on the other end of the phone say, "Oh you are on Legal Defense? You're completely covered. You won't ever receive a bill from me." No joke.

Comment

From my lodge, it's covered in the dues and our lodge is a lodge only, the union is separate. I've used it once, and I was ecstatic with the representation.
              In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                This is good for feds. Most agencies will pay 50% of the premium.

http://www.fedsprotection.com/newsstory/102
                This plans criminal defense coverage only covers up to 100k in legal fees. That will barely get you through pre trial motions if some politician/DA charges you with murder.
                Last edited by SHU; 02-21-2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5550 users online. 343 members and 5207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X