300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
    Another officer resigned last night (second one in 3 weeks) and now there is a 2016 Ford Utility Interceptor up for grabs...is it kosher to ask the Chief about the status of a car???
    Wouldn't hurt to ask.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

***UPDATE***

The SUV was assigned to a guy who got a new car LAST year!!!!
      Last edited by SmallCityCop; 12-20-2016, 02:06 PM.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

We use whatever cars are allocated to our work unit and they are replaced every 18 months or 37 500 miles, whichever comes first.

I can currently choose from fully marked, slicktop or unmarked 6 cylinder turbos or V8s.

Comment

The slicktop I was driving, well it's heater core and transmission went up, and the one I started using after that had a headlight connector melt. Right now I am temporarily driving an unmarked, and it's a cool car, kinda beat up, but cool.
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
            The slicktop I was driving, well it's heater core and transmission went up, and the one I started using after that had a headlight connector melt. Right now I am temporarily driving an unmarked, and it's a cool car, kinda beat up, but cool.
            As long as it's not a crappy blue Chevy Nova you should be good to go. :-)
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

18 months or 37 500 miles
              I'm currently driving a 2010 Chevy Tahoe with 180,xxx mi on it.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

I'm currently driving a 2010 Chevy Tahoe with 180,xxx mi on it.
                Wow, that's an old car. Does your department purchase them and keep them until they're unserviceable? We lease ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulgrave600 View Post

Wow, that's an old car. Does your department purchase them and keep them until they're unserviceable? We lease ours.
                  Our county's Fleet & Facilities Maintenance division buys all the cars for the county.

We didn't get any new cars this year, despite having had 3 shot up in an OIS, but the F&M guys all got new trucks.

...and 3 cars is more than 10% of our total. One of the 3 they replaced the windshield, hood, driver's door and left quarter panel. The bullet holes in the dash they just left.
                  Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-19-2017, 07:51 PM.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

We keep ours until they no longer run.. a good portion of the 2006 - 2007 Crown Vics have at least 80 - 200k miles on them. Some of the 2009 - 2010 Impalas have 60 - 100k miles on them.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

After totaling my '06 Impala got an '07 Impala in 2015... It had 52K miles on it. I dunno who was driving it before me but they obviously didn't do much.

Comment

I find that traffic cars here get looked after a lot better than patrol cars. They get a brake check and minor service every 3125 miles and a majir service every 9375. Our oldest car has about 31 000 miles on the clock and should be replaced fairly soon.

We still haven't been told what our next generation of cars will be in 2018 which might affect pricing and servicing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6030 users online. 198 members and 5832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X