300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live PD

Anybody watch this yet? I wonder if it's just another "COPS." It's only six episodes.

I've watched a couple of episodes now. It is essentially another "COPS", only this time you get a bunch of boring "analysis" from two detectives from Dallas PD and a host. If I had to pick, I would stick with COPS. Just too much talking with this show. Some of it is pretty cool though.

Comment

Ash vs Evil Dead. Cops. Chicks. Chainsaws. Beer. That's a police show.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I saw it. Pretty boring.

Comment

I have some reservations on if this show is really live. I saw one of the episodes and they are conducting SFSTs on a guy and it shows walk and turn and one leg stand. Guy showed several clues on WAT and all on OLS and then the two Dallas detectives come on and say the guy is getting along pretty good, and then the host says and they let the guy go because he was not drunk...I wasn't there so I don't know what was observed or why they actually got the guy out to do SFSTs but just from the clip, he would have been going with me.
          "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
          -Sun Tzu

Comment

Baylor- I saw the same dui episode. Dude was dui by far. would been easy to articulate depending on what the guy blew past history and when last drink was.

overall the show is an unedited version of cops with guys trying to explain the actions. I think it boring and slow.
            I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Saw one episode and while pretty boring, I think it's a tool the network is trying to use to educate people as to why the police are doing this versus that. I remember the one guy on the panel from Dallas SWAT, and he was talking about a Terry frisk versus search incident to arrest. I have watched COPS from the start, but, even COPS did stuff that doesn't happen in the "real world". Of course, IT IS TV.

Comment

Another attempt at pandering to the public. It's basically Cops with commentary explaining why the cops are doing what they're doing. The commentary is horrible, at least the episode I watched.
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

I got about half way through the first show and changed the channel.
                  Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                  In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                  Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                  Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

I watched a few episodes. Reminded me of watching some sports show with former players dissecting the plays.

Comment

Reality?, they want a reality cop show and call it Live? Ok, why not show the mind-numbing hours of a slow night where absolutely nothing is happening.. Then you get a hot shot call only to get there to find out its actually in the neighboring jurisdiction and other agency is already 97..
                      Timelines:

CBPO
                      App: 2/12/09
                      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                      Written: 2/20/09
                      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                      App: 5/5/09
                      Geo: San Diego
                      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                      NOR: 7/20/09
                      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                      TO: 10/6/09
                      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                      App: 8/17/10
                      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

I'm always at work when it's on which if funny. I'm on lunch break watching other officers do stuff. Not that odd though because I've loved COPS for ever and ever. I wish I had cable because I can't keep up with either.

Sure the commentary is bad, it's from the producers who aren't really sure what's going on. It would be the same from the officer that just showed up to help. The last episode I saw, yesterday, included a domestic call. It was so familiar with the primary officer asking all the questions to help him avoid doing a report. It really did sound like the usual civil domestic we've been seeing since the beginning of field training.

She threatened me and she needs to leave. Oh, you've been letting her live here how long? Oh, she's "just a friend" you let stay her for a while but you've never tapped that ***? Liar. Guess what? We can't make her leave. Sorry bro.

Not very entertaining and they don't have the time to explain why they can't just kick out the crazy, it's getting closer to showing what we actually deal with. I'll keep watching.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8595 users online. 388 members and 8207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X