300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people's children...

So I'm driving home this morning at 0-dark-30 and some dude comes screaming up on my marked unit, and starts flashing his lights and turn signal to pass... on a double yellow, in the dark, on a winding mountain highway, while it's SNOWING.

I dip into a side road and let him by. dip back out and follow... and he's zipping down the road... after just having passed a marked Sheriff unit.. So I make a stop.

Driver insists he didn't know I was a cop, as if that explained it all, and doesn't know how fast he was going because his speedo is off... but he KNOWS he wasn't speeding and I'm only pulling him over because he has out of state plates... just like the other two cops who pulled him over earlier.

...because I do that at 0-dark-30 when I'm supposed to be home in bed.

...and I check, sure enough two stops in the past 4 hours, one verbal warning and one cite, both from different jurisdictions.

...but his driving is just fine. Sure it is.

Dude went from a talking-to to over $300 in fines and surcharges. Normally I don't believe in people talking themselves into a ticket but this guy just wasn't going to listen to anything else.

OK, rant off.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Needs to be sidelined and driving privileges revoked.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
      Driver insists he didn't know I was a cop, as if that explained it all, and doesn't know how fast he was going because his speedo is off... but he KNOWS he wasn't speeding and I'm only pulling him over because he has out of state plates... just like the other two cops who pulled him over earlier.
      Come on, his speed and passing in bad weather had nothing to do with the stop; it was the out of state tags, wasn't it lol? People like that just don't get it and there is no way to explain it to them.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

. .
        Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 10-19-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
          Normally I don't believe in people talking themselves into a ticket but this guy just wasn't going to listen to anything else.
          As a guy who does a lot of traffic work, I honestly appreciate these people. They make it so easy to hit my number every month with a smile on my face.

I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post

As a guy who does a lot of traffic work, I honestly appreciate these people. They make it so easy to hit my number every month with a smile on my face.
            So many people don't know that they've talked themselves into tickets. I've had people I was going to give warnings and they immediately deny what I SAW them do and then want to be argumentative. Well see you in court.

Comment

I think those people truly think it's normal to get X number of citations in a year. Just like drunks think it's normal to get a DWI now and then. Do you think they would be shocked to learn that the vast majority of drivers go years without a citation and never get a DWI?
              I dealt with a shoplifter the other day who was just incredulous that she was going to jail for stealing. She had the nerve to ask me "haven't you ever been in trouble before?" Answer: No. A 10 year old might be expected to "get in trouble", but it is not NORMAL for a grown *** woman to "get in trouble." These are not things that NORMAL people go through.

Comment

So many people don't know that they've talked themselves into tickets.
                I _TOLD_ the guy he went from a warning to $300+. His driving behavior PLUS his obvious denial about his driving habits just made it something I couldn't ignore.

He told me that he decided he wasn't going to move to Colorado after all since police were so mean here.

I told him to please stay in Arizona where the roads are straight and dry, for his own safety and the safety of others.

Just like drunks think it's normal to get a DWI now and then.
                Had one o those in court. It was "only" his third DUI in ten years... why did the judge have to be so harsh? Judge told him the vast majority of people never get _ONE_ DUI in their lives. Dude didn't believe him.
                Last edited by tanksoldier; 10-24-2016, 12:46 AM.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Wait, where are you where it's already snowing?!
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                    Wait, where are you where it's already snowing?!
                    The Colorado high country (insert pot joke here)

That night it was just a dusting, but I woke up to four inches one morning first week of September (insert penis joke here) (insert inserting penis joke here).

Comment

I love Colorado. If they could just fix their liberal problem, I'd visit more often now that I'm only 4 hours away.
                      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10641 users online. 483 members and 10158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X