300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hires

The department I'm at right now is currently losing people at a high rate. I've noticed the past two or three classes, we've hired the bottom of the barrel from the hiring pool. I mean people that passed everything, but some of them really shouldn't be in this line of work. Has anyone at their department noticed this recently?

It's getting tough to find qualified applicants. I remember military recruiting a while back, fighting two wars and with a good economy, had recruiters committing suicide in record numbers.

It's kind of like that for police now. Dangerous, unpopular and many places the pay isn't competitive.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Not at my department, fortunately.

Comment

My department is in pretty good shape too. Not everybody is always happy, but that's normal everywhere.

Comment

Yep. We've let more rookies go in the last 5 years than we had in the prior 30 years.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Our Guards lose people daily, but the Police side tends to keep folks. They like the benefits and pay
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Richland County Sheriff's Department:
            7/28/2017- App submitted
            8/7/2017- PAT and Poly:

SC Dept of Corrections Lieutenant:
            8/8/2017: Interview

Comment

At our Dept. it changes almost as much as the weather. Hell, we are down to only being half staffed right now. So we only have one Officer on Duty per shift right now.
              Strike hard, strike fast, and always strike to end the fight!

Always remember your "why"!

Comment

My agency can't find anyone who can pass our background who actually wants to work for us. And I don't blame the applicants one bit. Given the current political environment, I wouldn't take my job either if I was an applicant.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10837 users online. 432 members and 10405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X