300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon.com

Amazon.com now donates a percentage of each purchase to a charity of your choice. It's free, you just have to have an Amazon account and make sure you select a charity. I saw this and thought it was pretty cool. I chose Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS). There are a ton of LE related charities out there.

Yep. They've been doing that for awhile. You need to log in at https://smile.amazon.com/ and then designate your charity. I give to the Fisher House. Great charity.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

That's fantastic

Comment

I give to Wounded Warriors as of right now
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
          I give to Wounded Warriors as of right now
          I highly recommend that you look into Fisher House instead. WWP has been a pretty crappy "charity" to date. A huge chunk of the money donated has gone to pay exorbitant salaries, executive retreats, and other spending to raise the quality of life of their top executives, not veterans. Admittedly, WW has fired nearly half of their executives and ordered funds be redirected back to wounded vets, but that order just came down a month ago.

Fisher House really helps veterans and their families. It's consistently one of the highest rated veteran charites. 92% of all money raised goes back to veteran programs. WWP, by contrast, only 54% is used to fund programs. Only the Semper Fi fund is higher that Fisher House (at 93%).
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Double post
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post

I highly recommend that you look into Fisher House instead. WWP has been a pretty crappy "charity" to date. A huge chunk of the money donated has gone to pay exorbitant salaries, executive retreats, and other spending to raise the quality of life of their top executives, not veterans. Admittedly, WW has fired nearly half of their executives and ordered funds be redirected back to wounded vets, but that order just came down a month ago.

Fisher House really helps veterans and their families. It's consistently one of the highest rated veteran charites. 92% of all money raised goes back to veteran programs. WWP, by contrast, only 54% is used to fund programs. Only the Semper Fi fund is higher that Fisher House (at 93%).
              Thank you SRT!
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

WWP has been a pretty crappy "charity" to date
                As a retired Soldier, combat vet in two wars and a cop I won't touch WWP with a ten foot pole.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

As a retired Soldier, combat vet in two wars and a cop I won't touch WWP with a ten foot pole.
                  Heck, I even stopped buying products that had the "we donate to WWP" logo on in. Boy do I miss those inexpensive "Red Barron" frozen pizzas from the commissary. :-(
                  Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Thank you. I never knew about this. I'm now donating to the ASPCA.

Comment

Just remember you have to buy from the "smile" URL or the donation doesn't go thru.
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I have mine set up for the Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

Comment

Although this place is not a law enforcement related entity, Pacific Garden Mission in Chicago is a very worthy charity.

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post
                            Although this place is not a law enforcement related entity, Pacific Garden Mission in Chicago is a very worthy charity.
                            Looked it up. I like it!

Comment

Just found this yesterday, I'm sending mine to Backing the Blue Line which is a wives group for officers in my state.
                              In Valor there is hope

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9339 users online. 421 members and 8918 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X