Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Yeah Right

The other night Savannah was hit with some really bad thunder storms. When I came on duty, the rain had slackened a bit though it was still coming down. As a car passed me going in the opposite direction a hugh splash came into the open drivers side window. I thought about this post. Yeah right, it help tp have your window down.

Leave a comment:

• swatpup
    replied
    I agree with Drunkhunter..just enough to hear, but enough to be cool.....literally in 107 temps...

Leave a comment:

• signal20popo
    replied
    Windows always down. Come rain or come shine, the bad guys don't care...why should I? If the windows are up, how can you get in touch with the element you've chosen to work in?

Leave a comment:

• FedDC
    replied
    Fed's don't "Patrol"

I tried riding with the windows down on my Crown Vic one time with a fellow agent in the car while we were in a rough part of Charlotte on a case, but he got irate about it and said that fed's don't patrol and that we needed to roll the windows up...as in to heck with whatever is going on outside, it is not our JD to do anything and we don't have a legal duty to act. Personally it got me a little PO'd, but then again, it is a typical attitude among feds...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeah, I ride windows down and I agree with most all statements. There is one catch, I almost wrecked a 2002 Crown Vic the other night because my window was down. It seem that with I was checking a false alarm, several indigenous creatures in the state if Georgia flew into my vehicle while I was gone. When I got back to my vehicle, I responded to an officer who was on a traffic stop on my beat. While enroute, one of these big mothers crawled on the back of my neck, needless when I arrived at the traffic stop, I created a scene when I started to bash my mag-light throughout the passenger compartment trying to kill every GD Palmetto Bug that invaded my vehicle. The only good thing about this is that the vehicle I was driving was nt my regular beat car.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like the window down. If you roll both the driver side windows down there isn't any wind blowing in your face and there is no wind noise.

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    I couldn't resist..

At least half way down.

But never leave my arm hanging out the window.

I remember during defensive driving our instructor used to anounce over the radio to the guy hanging his arm out the window....

"Squad 834, stop your vehicle and get out......... grab the door..... shake it....."
    (had to make sure the door was on securely, ya know?)

It was his pet peeve. No arms out the window... it's okay if its down.. just, no arms out the window!!!!!!....

Leave a comment:

• Rider
    replied
    Windows up, but that is because I work in the jail, If the windows were down I would have inmates jumping from the sixth floor (max security) by the hundreds! All kidding aside, I was taught in the academy to always drive with windows down, for calls for help, fights in progress, distant gun shots etc. But, living in Colorado, there are certain times in the year that driving with the windows down may get you a case of frost bite.

Leave a comment:

• podunk_K9_cop_chick
    replied
    A/C on max..window down..hence the left arm darker than the right...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Up, it's gonna be 110 today.
    Also in the shade and never shut off during the shift.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    I ride with mine up; but that's because the average temperature here is -45*F in the winter. I have them down in the summer (+40*F).

Leave a comment:

• tcsd1236
    replied
    I like the fresh air generally and ride with the windows down..however, with all that gear on in 100 + degree humid weather, its a foolish young pup who wont take advantage of the AC the employer gives you for free. You can always drive with windows down and cool the outside for a few minutes if you really NEED to hear something.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    definitely down at night. in the day, it depends on how humid it is.

Leave a comment:

• webjeep
    replied
    Always down, if it is pouring rain i leave the back ones down (who cares if the thugs have to sit on a wet seat.

When I switched departments last year i had to FTO with a guy down here for about three weeks. It was late fall so it was a bit chilly at night. He would always cuss and moan when i rolled my window down. I tried to explain to him that just having the window down makes a huge difference in what you are able to hear and smell. Heck the night before last i got 6 8-balls of powder and $2000 cash because some idiot was smoking a j while driving around. Hard to do that with windows up and ac cranked. Don't get me wrong the heat and ac are still on, but i gotta have the window down too (not my gas
    )

-web

Leave a comment:

• Law573
    replied
    Windows down, I like to be able to hear what's going on around me

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6453 users online. 370 members and 6083 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X