Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I upgraded to XP, so it is usually up. I remember 98 was down alot, though.
    -Sparky

Comment

The driver window stays down whenever possible. I can't see how anyone can patrol with their windows up. I feel like I'm in a fish tank looking out when the windows are all up.

I discuss this topic with the officers that I train. I kinda make a big deal about it. On patrol you should do your best to use all of your senses all of the time. I just can't see how anyone can patrol with them up.

Of course there are exceptions.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Sparky:
        I upgraded to XP, so it is usually up. I remember 98 was down alot, though.

Depends...

--more than 60mph and/or siren, windows up
        --more than 90 degrees, front windows up; left rear, 1/2 open
        --less than 30 degrees, see above
        --red dirt roads = UP
        --Stinky passenger(s) = all down

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Southpaw:

Depends...

--more than 60mph and/or siren, windows up
          --more than 90 degrees, front windows up; left rear, 1/2 open
          --less than 30 degrees, see above
          --red dirt roads = UP
          --Stinky passenger(s) = all down [/QB]

lol, can't argue with that

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by ateamer:
            Always down. If it's hot, I keep the window down with the AC on max. On winter graveyards working in the bitter chill of 40-degree temps, the window only goes about halfway down. If it's raining, I just crack the driver's window and roll down the backseat left window. I don't care if the back seat gets soaked; I don't ride back there.

"...On winter graveyards working in the bitter chill of 40-degree temps..."

Talk about ROTFLMFAO!

Try working where the winter temperatures get down to - 40 C (which is LOWER than - 40 F!)without a breeze, and will feel quite balmly compared to the times when the wind picks up!
            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
            "Smile" - no!

Comment

No thanks! I grew up in Pennsylvania. Even here, the winters are too cool for me. I think Arizona or Florida would be more to my liking. I don't like anything below 55F. If I can't wear shorts, it's too cold.

Around here, the average winter low is about 40-45. There are maybe five nights a winter where it freezes, and then only by a few degrees. In December '90, it dropped into the teens, but that was unusual. Not much work was done on those nights.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

4 degrees or 400 the window is always down...

DT
                "There is true glory and true honor, the glory of duty done and the honor of integrity and principles." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Unless it is raining to hard that I can't do it, my window is down.

You hear more and even smell things. I've made arrests on the smell of buring mj that was coming from the car ahead of me (driver was smoking while he drove). Can't do that with the window up.

I always address the up or down thing with trainees. Then I watch when they get on their own and see what they do because I agree, it often reflects how proactive the officer is.

Comment

Well, I'd consider myself a "go-getter", and if my windows are open it's only a very slight crack. Normally there rolled up.

Comment

What does it say about an officer when they run Linux?

-Sparky

Comment

Means they like working problems out for themselves :-)

Officers that run windows like online gaming

Comment

Down.... and cracked in the winter. Just so I can hear alarms, and god-help-him the driver that comes by me with the radio so loud it rattles my windows. I also keep it on ESPN radio. I find you can hear things better with talk radio on over music.

Comment

Up for me, my base sounda better rhat way!

[ 06-24-2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: SpecOpsWarrior ]

Comment

Down. Unless I am driving on the highway at a fast speed. If I think there might be cross traffic from emergency vehicles, cracked to hear the sirens.

People laugh when I tell them I have the A/C cranked and the windows down. Same as in the winter.
                              Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Definetly down, unless driving at a high rate of speed. Gotta be able to hear the outside world!
                                The only thing evil needs to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6515 users online. 379 members and 6136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X