Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows: up or down?

I made a funny observation yesterday.

The officers who are the go-getters and like to get into stuff always ride with their windows down, even when it's 100+ degrees.

The officers who sort of sit back and wait for stuff to happen ride with their windows up all the time.

Which are you?

I keep mine down just enough that I can hear the outside world but far enough up to keep in most of the AC.
    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

Up if I'm not smoking, down if I am....or was it the other way around???????

I usually like to have mine down just so I can hear what is going on.

Comment

If it's DAYTIME and 90* or above, they are UP and the AC is on MAX!

If it's NIGHT or the temperature is UNDER 90*, they're DOWN. I even ride with them down during the winter time......provided my heater is working.
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Always down. If it's hot, I keep the window down with the AC on max. On winter graveyards working in the bitter chill of 40-degree temps, the window only goes about halfway down. If it's raining, I just crack the driver's window and roll down the backseat left window. I don't care if the back seat gets soaked; I don't ride back there.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

That is a dead on observation. Always down for me, hot or cold. Only time they go up is on the freeway. If someone riding w/ me complains it's too cold, they can put on a jacket.

Comment

You guys have air-conditioning in your cars? I can't believe the conditions I'm expected to work under ...

Er, generally down. That way I can hear what's going on and, if I'm with an officer who smokes, so I can nick one of his fags and join in. When there's no-one about naturally. My partner, who read the thread, goes for generally up. That way people can't spit on you. Glad I don't work where she does.
              I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Comment

Always down. Mainly for smoking, and also to 'smell, hear and taste the streets'
                'Trust no-one'

Comment

Yeah, back in the day when I was on the streets (swing that lamp ) I always had the window down. Don't know why really, felt more comfy.
                  The artist formerly known as Soho Bandit

Comment

Mine are usually down about 1/4 of the way, which is enough to hear what's going on out there, summer or winter. If it's really cold or hot, I'll leave them up until the heater/AC gets going and then roll them down.

Comment

I'm not exactly a " go getter ' any more, but my drivers side window is always down. I cannot stand not hearing what is going on around me while I'm on duty. Even in the 100 degree day plus days. The a/c is going full tilt and all the vents are pointed on me, but that window is down.

The left arm is also hanging out the window helping get that " redneck " tan.

[ 06-21-2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Evnings ]
                      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

I can't stand to have my windows up, especially at work. You are so removed from the public in your car as it is, and then to roll up the windows too. No thanks. I would like to be able to hear someones call for help if I happen to be close.

[ 06-24-2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Darkwulfe ]

Comment

I usually keep my windows closed, or almost closed; I don't want to worry about leaving my car unsecure if I have to bail out. As for where I stand in the "Go-Getter" pecking order, until they hung corporal stripes on me and made me a part-time administrator, I consistently lead my squad in activity.

Comment

when it's hot, windows up.
                            whent it's cool, windows down.

Comment

ALWAYS down...until I feel that the speeds are going to exceed 60mph or turn on the siren. At that point they must go up due to excessive road noise. I even usually drive with most of my windows down on my POV (guess I must really really miss the soft top Jeep).
                              Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4293 users online. 261 members and 4032 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X