X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motorcycle clubs are stupid
    -Sean

Comment

Hmmmm I dig the bike clubs. I like the idea of getting together with like minded people to ride,chill and BS with. I know chaplins that dress like "bikers"
      Does that mean that they are an outlaw ummmm NO. One of the first lessons you should learn on the street is dont judge a book by its cover.

I wear baggy pants, hoodies and a beenie pulled down low, does that make me a thug? It is crazy to think just because a person dresses a certain way that they are bad or good. I have arrested guys in suits that rape little boys. I have had bikers stop and give me a hand changing a tire. The last thing I want to look like when I am off is a cop. I wear what I like, not what someone says is pleasing to THEIR eye. If someone does not like what I wear, I say bite me. When you start buying me clothes and paying my bills I will wear what they want me to wear.

Comment

An insult to the profession?

That kills me. My work dress is not that of a clean cut business attire or uniformed officer. But because I am a biker one of the proud 99% that does not break the law, I'm an disgrace to the profession? Some members of law enforcement motorcycle clubs do get extreem, but there isnt a single club that will not remove a patch for illegal activities.

Just because we dress in a manner you dont personally approve of does not make us unprofessional. Not only am I a member (and officer) of a law enforcement motorcycle club, am also a member of a Christian motorcycle ministry and the Patriot Guard Riders. Yes I wear jeans and leather, yes I wear colors, and yes I am a career officer/agent.

Why do we wear colors? Well if I have to explain it to you, you'll never understand. Its a life style and just because we're bikers, it does not mean we're an outlaw biker (aka 1%r) nor want to be one.
        Steve
        Respect all ...... Fear none!!!

Comment

good call shoot n scoot, ive recently been ask to join a group, Blue Knights, and plan to. Ive been riding for quiet a few years and in this line of work for quiet a few, if you do anything different the little gossip circles start to talk. if your not into what im into cool, you mind yours, ill mind mine.besafe all.
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people and i require the same from them.-- John Bernard Books

Comment

Originally posted by VAFUZZ
            Hmmmm I dig the bike clubs. I like the idea of getting together with like minded people to ride,chill and BS with. I know chaplins that dress like "bikers"
            Does that mean that they are an outlaw ummmm NO. One of the first lessons you should learn on the street is dont judge a book by its cover.

I wear baggy pants, hoodies and a beenie pulled down low, does that make me a thug? It is crazy to think just because a person dresses a certain way that they are bad or good. I have arrested guys in suits that rape little boys. I have had bikers stop and give me a hand changing a tire. The last thing I want to look like when I am off is a cop. I wear what I like, not what someone says is pleasing to THEIR eye. If someone does not like what I wear, I say bite me. When you start buying me clothes and paying my bills I will wear what they want me to wear.
            i'm the same exact way. if i'm off duty i'm wearing torn up jeans, a hoodie and a hat cocked to the side. guys i work with give me **** and say that i don't dress like a cop...my only reply is "good".

i don't dislike bikers or motorcycle clubs, i've been riding for 19 years. i just think they're pointless. i don't need to be in a club to have a good time with the guys i ride with. we have a big group of guys (and girls) that ride together on a regular basis and our slowest rider has more skill than the fastest guys i've ever seen wearing a vest and/or colors doing the gangsta lean.
            -Sean

Comment

oookaaay

Originally posted by Delta784 View Post
              Organizations like the Blue Knights are harmless, but when groups of cops start dressing and acting like criminals, like the "Wild Pigs", they're a disgrace and an embarrassment to the profession.

Imagine the hearty laughs the real outlaw MC members get when they see misguided cops trying to emulate them.....it's pathetic.
              You've got me laughing here Delta with your comment. Why are the Wild Pigs a disgrace and an embarrassment to my profession?????????
              "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

Comment

There is a local motorcycle club here called the blue knights. Its an organized group and they participate in all kinds of parades, fund raisers, ect. They look to be mainly retired or older cops. They dont ride the fast sport bikes or loud harleys. They mainly use those toned down comfort bikes. If you ever saw them, its the exact opposite of the hells angels. lol
                Last edited by DeputySC; 11-19-2007, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I've got nothing against those who want to be in one. It's not my cup of tea, though. While some of them are doubtlessly just social organizations and some provide a service to the community (specifically Patriot Guard), some are the "I'm different just like everybody else" excuse to play dress up and be a "biker."

I ride. A lot. 110 degrees or 20 degrees, a bit of rain or high winds, no problem. The only thing I won't ride on is ice and snow, and once I get a side car hack, that won't be a problem any longer.

No colors for me, now or ever. I don't dig group rides or poker runs or cruising the strip at 5 mph letting every one hear my pipes and admire my chrome and leathers. I like getting on my motorcycle and riding somewhere or nowhere at my pace and on my route.

Your milage may vary.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Oh, boy - here we go again.

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                      Oh, boy - here we go again.
                      Man, oh man, ain't that the truth...

BTW, what do you guys think about writing other cops tickets? ROFLMAO

Comment

^
                        hahaha

Comment

Link to Recent Discussion of This Topic

Comment

I've been a cop for the better part of 28 years, rode bikes since I've had a license, and mopeds before that. I've raced motocross, hare-scrambles, and trail biked for fun. I've riden with several, in groups, and alone. I've been to CMA functions, AMA, AHRMA, MOVMX, and other bike functions. I've preached sermons, performed weddings, funerals, and sang at revivals. I've known outlaw bikers, my oldest brother and several cousins rode in the cloven hoofs, and I've ministered to them, arrested when I had to. Throughout all of this I've found that one thing always sticks out....... OPINIONS VARY. Everyone has one and I have mine. As far as some of them being loud mouthed horses a****,whether cop or not, well we all come from the same human race. My 2 cents.

Comment

I'm a motorcycle cop in Croatia, not a member of any gang or club. We've got the "Blue Knights" here also, but when I see them acting like kids, some of them trying to look dangerous like those I took in, and noone of them rides a police bike, some of them just a few hours during summer....disgusting

I thought they'd be a upper step above, an good example to those kids that cause us major trouble on the streets, but I thought wrong...it's a shame

Comment

Originally posted by Napstr View Post
                                You've got me laughing here Delta with your comment. Why are the Wild Pigs a disgrace and an embarrassment to my profession?????????
                                Because at a recent cook-out for a "legitimate" MC, two groups who were invited guests were the Outlaws and the Wild Pigs. They were fraternizing and yukking it up together like long-lost buddies.
                                Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4470 users online. 247 members and 4223 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X