300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Enforcement Motorcycle Gangs

Any of you guys ride with a law enforcement only motorcycle gang like the "Untouchables." My brother is an Air Marshal (15 years as a street cop a my department first) and they all seem like great guys. However, some of the guys at my department have stated, they are trying to hard to be like the very people we bust. What do you guys think?
    "I pray with my Bible in one hand, and my gun in the other"
    And I'll tell you the last thing my father told me before he died, "Careful son, that gun's loaded."

P.S. "Ya'll look alot different through a scope"

I don't know of any Law enforcement motorcycle "Gangs". I know of a few Law Enforcement "Clubs". I'm not aware of any of them promoting or engaging in criminal activity.
    True warriors are fierce because their training is fierce. -Miyamoto Musashi 1645

Lead, follow, or get the out of the way!

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit ......(No one provokes me with impunity)

Comment

A local motorcycle club comprised mostly of law enforcement personnel is doing a charity "fun run" this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BravoShiftSlug
        I don't know of any Law enforcement motorcycle "Gangs". I know of a few Law Enforcement "Clubs". I'm not aware of any of them promoting or engaging in criminal activity.
        I didn't say they promoted or engaged in criminal activity. I didn't say there was anything bad about them at all. And they use the word "gang" not me, you can google their websites. There are several of them Untouchables, Iron Pigs, ect. They wear colors the whole nine yards, I was just asking how other officers feel about that. I didn't say it was bad, I'm just asking...
        And I'll tell you the last thing my father told me before he died, "Careful son, that gun's loaded."

Comment

I have no problem with them wanting to ride together,organize runs or do charity rides. I ride with a couple of guys from my department, though we don't have an organized club or anything. When you said that some of the guys think they are trying to be like the people you bust, I thought you meant they were trying to act like 1%'s or something.
          True warriors are fierce because their training is fierce. -Miyamoto Musashi 1645

Lead, follow, or get the out of the way!

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit ......(No one provokes me with impunity)

Comment

Originally posted by BravoShiftSlug
            I have no problem with them wanting to ride together,organize runs or do charity rides. I ride with a couple of guys from my department, though we don't have an organized club or anything. When you said that some of the guys think they are trying to be like the people you bust, I thought you meant they were trying to act like 1%'s or something.
            No I said, "somebody else in my department said that", but they do look just like the 1% guys thats why he said it. I see nothing wrong with it, wanted to know if you guys agreed with me or him.

Comment

Here is a link to a discussion on this topic from a while back...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...0&page=1&pp=25

Comment

I've seen some in my travels, I know what you mean. They are emulating the 1 percenters just as the kids wearing their jeans belt lines around the low side of their asses are emulating street thugs. They think it's cool. They don't see it like much of society sees it.

Originally posted by EDWARD96
                However, some of the guys at my department have stated, they are trying to hard to be like the very people we bust. What do you guys think?
                Originally posted by EDWARD96
                No I said, "somebody else in my department said that", but they do look just like the 1% guys thats why he said it. I see nothing wrong with it, wanted to know if you guys agreed with me or him.
                I agree with him in that is how I see it too. I can't see into their hearts and minds, they may be saints for all I know.
                I can only see what they wish me to see, and that is what they present, and when they try to look trashy, well .... what am I to think? I see guys now who buy a Harley just to have an excuse to dress like "a biker", it's become a fad.

Yes, I ride .... but there's no confusing me with any 1 percenters. I also did participate with a Blue Kniights Chapter for awhile, it was the sorce of great embarassment at times like when checking into a motel on a long ride or at some resturants (in several different ways), so I dropped it.

Just another sign of the times we live in I suppose. Later........

Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 12-17-2006, 10:23 AM.
                "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I didn't know there was an earlier thread, I'll check it out. Thanks guys I value all opinions

Comment

Originally posted by GoGo Gadget
                    What was the source of embarassment? Belonging to the club, or the actions of the club members who were present?

Personally, I always thought the "club" stuff was silly. I can see belonging to a group or organization that gets together to do things or go on group rides and rallies. I always thought the patches, vest and other accoutrements were a bit silly.
                    Actions like loudly asking for a deep discount, almost demanding in tone, at a motel at check in time, because they were cops ... or getting loud and boisterous ... and no doubt annoying to other patrons in resturants at nearby tables ... loudly telling war stories interspersed with some profanity all while making it obvious to all they were cops.

Most of the Blue Knights are OK guys and gals ... and it was just a small percentage and seemed to happen at larger meetings of several chapters or more, but it was enough that I dropped it as it killed the fun for me. It was almost like when two or more chapters got together, someone would want to see who could be the biggest ***. Not being mean, just real embarassing like.

On the local level, it was just good guys getting together for rides or doing a charity event.
                    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

two words, Patriot Guard... I don't care how much black leather these guys wear, there colors are red, white, and blue... and most of them in my area are LE. If you know what the Patriot Guard is about then you'll agree with me!
                      The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends

Comment

Organizations like the Blue Knights are harmless, but when groups of cops start dressing and acting like criminals, like the "Wild Pigs", they're a disgrace and an embarrassment to the profession.

Imagine the hearty laughs the real outlaw MC members get when they see misguided cops trying to emulate them.....it's pathetic.
                        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I founded the 1st Woming chapter of the Blue Knights and as soon as they wanted to play 1%er, I was out.

I asked for independent status from the International, but they said since a chaper was so close, I could not be an independent.

Sad.
                          The All New
                          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

In my neck of the woods, the Blue Knights are a legitimate fraternity of LEO's who enjoy riding motorcycles.

We want nothing to do with 1%'ers - we consider ourselves the "good guys" (and gals).
                            Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

ride to live, live to ride

I'd rather ride on my Harley-Davidson than "in" anything.
                              But, I've always been a GDI - no clubs before police work, none since.
                              The message is this - justice is unprejudiced - and demands
                              unaffiliated power. If you can't appeciate a sprocket as much
                              as a light bar - or a Rebel as much as a neo-con...reconsider your calling.

If we are to build a network of intel, of inter-racial, inter-political
                              information - we had better not buy into sterotypes of any sort.

I'll ride when I am no longer enforcing the law - it's a freedom -
                              an Americanism - that started with vets, and will continue, God willing.
                              Enforcement is 90% of the law.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3334 users online. 166 members and 3168 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X