300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican / Out of State Driver's Licenses

Last night I stopped a driver for Careless driving, he presented me with a mexico driver's license. I have been unable to find ANYTHING online in regards to matching the picture to something.

It looked fake as can be. In the upper left corner, it looked like there should have been a hologram, but it looked like a laser print. The bar code looked like it was cut, pasted & scanned on. The words were blurry, the writing on the rear was choppy at best.

It stated it was from Puebla, Mexico.

Anyone know where I can get a book of international (individual country) and out-of-state licenses at ?

Thanks

"22's son... 22's... do work!!!"
    - Christopher "Big Black" Boykin

- In God we trust, everyone else is run through NCIC.

The Mexican Consulate may be able to help.

Good luck.

Sammy
    If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
    www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Don't laugh too hard, but find a Budweiser salesman. Look for the guy driving a van, not one of the delivery trucks. They hand out I.D. books to stores to assist them in recognizing fake ID's. If you're really nice to them, they might give you a couple of the books. They change them every year, but a few of them listed Mexican and Canadien ID's. Every time a new issue comes out, the local Budweiser guy leaves me about 30 copies at one of the convenience stores. When I go in to top off my never ending cup of coffee, the clerk gives me the box. They are pretty decent books with full color pictures of each ID and hints on how to spot fakes.

The US Border Patrol might be able to help you out also. Call one of the offices and see if they have any books showing the different Mexican ID's.
      Last edited by Florida Smokey; 11-30-2006, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Not sure this will help you in PA, but down here we just call dispatch for a municipal dept. a few miles south of us right on the border. They in turn call their contacts in Mexico and run the OLN # for us. Pretty cool. I just completed some training where Border Patrol showed us all the ways to spot counterfeit immigration documents. We run across those often down here and it just so turns out to be a felony
        He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
        -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        -- Hemingway

Comment

Don't believe anything supposedly issued by the Mexican gov't, whether authentic or not! Their gov't is so screwed up even a legitimately issued ID may have easily been obtained by fraudulent means. If they have that matricula card...more likely than not it is fake. All you have to do is walk into the Mexican consulates office, give them a birth certificate, and walla! You are Jorge Pedro whatever..... I'd just haul them in and take cash bond only.

Comment

Last I was informed I just got certified in our state computer system. That regular Mexican driver's licenses are not able to be ran and I believe not valid. But the commercial DL's from Mexico are. Best is to check with your state agency or maybe even find a dispatcher that might actually know what they are doing (probably hard to find atleast down here) they could help.
            Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Just about every "Illegal Alien" I encounter operating a M/V produces a Mexican drivers license something like you described. In N.Y. you will need a passport along with a Forgien Drivers license to opertate a motor vehicle for the first 30 days your in the country, after that you will need to get a resident alien NYS drivers license. PA..... I wouldn't wast your time dealing with checking for license numbers or checking to see if it is legit. We just impound the vehicle and they get an unlicensed operator ticket. No calling I.C.E. here...who would mow the lawns of all the NYS law makers?
              I don't suffer from stress...... I'm a carrier

Comment

I had a similar problem last week. I pulled a guy over for speeding the other morning. He gave me a Mexican Drivers license and an International Drivers License. I checked him Locally and NCIC, and he didn't exist. I called another deputy and asked if we recognized either license and he told me to contact the State Patrol. The Nebraska State Patrol told me we don't recognize either license in Nebraska and to write him for no operators license.
                Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

Here we only recognize a few foreign licenses, i believe England, France, Germany..something like that..I'm not sure exactly on the specifics. Just like..we can't run canadian tags or licenses. However if they are from Mexico, or south america...they are tagged as no operators license...and you can either cut a citation, if you actually believe that is their name, and they will show up in court, or you can arrest them. However I encounter this on probably 70% of my traffic stops...so usually its just a citation, so I can get back to answering calls.

Comment

It was fake.
                    Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

Try the International Edition, I.D. Checking Guide, 36.95 + 6.00 shipping
                      www.idcheckingguide.com.

Wilmington-Check with a your dispatchers, You should be able to get listings on Canadian plates and drivers licenses through either NCIC or NLETS, to make a standard inquiry it requires a code which is the letter "T".
                      If your dispatchers don't know how to do this, check with the agency which runs your state's computer system.

Comment

they sell them in local mexican food stores. they say they're issued by the mexican consular but have local florida addresses. they're bogus and we don't accept them. issue citation for no valid dl and let him prove in court it's valid...
                        Train as if your life depends on it...

Comment

Mexican drivers licenses are no good to me. Most of the time they can't speak or understand English anyway. I write them for no license and negligent, sometimes more.

Comment

Ditto on the info on Canadian plates and DL's. When I worked dispatch we ran them quite a few times through NLETS, although it can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to get a response for traffic (criminal requests are quicker) as they get routed to the province that the vehicle/subject are from according to what I was explained.

As far as Mexican DL's/registrations, you can run them but don't expect a response for about two weeks or so. And like many others have stated, it will most likely come back bogus.
                            "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who have died. Rather, we should thank God such men lived." ~ General George Patton

"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is thus shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope." ~ Robert Kennedy

Comment

NC Drivers Lienses

Originally posted by wilmington
                              Here we only recognize a few foreign licenses, i believe England, France, Germany..something like that..I'm not sure exactly on the specifics. Just like..we can't run canadian tags or licenses. However if they are from Mexico, or south america...they are tagged as no operators license...and you can either cut a citation, if you actually believe that is their name, and they will show up in court, or you can arrest them. However I encounter this on probably 70% of my traffic stops...so usually its just a citation, so I can get back to answering calls.
                              I encounter alot of non- english speaking central americans that produce a valid N.C. DLIC, Why are the standards so low to obtain this document from N.C. ? They (NC DMV) obviosly don't require a Social Security card or any form of citizenship to get a license. That's a scary thought when you think about Homeland Security issues. Does this loop hole bother the P.O.'s in N.C.?
                              I don't suffer from stress...... I'm a carrier

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5367 users online. 318 members and 5049 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X