300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Love

i gotta tell ya, i feel absolutely NO love on this forum. i asked a question, looking for advice, and 40 some-odd people read it but no one replied. WOW. what is it? the new york thing? being female? being new? all of the above? BEULLER? BEULLER? ANYONE? i feel so... cold and alone

You mean this one?
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53640

Actually, I didn't even see it until you pointed it out. The post was long. Keep it short and to the point. Always look out for numero uno. Pick a shift that benefits you.

Other than that all your questions: is it the NY, girl stuff has no bearing. Alot of people here just read posts and NEVER EVER post themselves. The counter is always working....that goes for guests also, who can't post.
    Last edited by deputy x 2; 09-19-2006, 08:23 PM.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I read your other post, but didn't finish it. It was a little too long and aimless. I did however, go back and finish reading it after reading this post. Maybe the reason the other guy didn't want to ride with you wasn't the fact that he wanted a male partner; just someone who doesn't complain about such little things...?

Comment

OK, Here's Love

You say they would bump you in a heartbeat. What did they do for you in return when you let it go last year? If you are going to let them bully, guilt or hustle you out of your seniority rights, there's not much any of us can say.

Do what makes you happy. If you have seniority, you've earned it. Use it.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It also helps to use capitalization and proper grammar every once and a while.

Comment

ok i posted. now you can feel special to have my useless input extolled unto you. lol

Comment

Originally posted by diva9mm
              i feel so... cold and alone
              We love ya!

There, feel better?
              "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

I've missed too many evenings, weekends, and holidays with my family to worry about what others want me to do. I work the best shifts I can. You have earned your seniority, so use it to do what you need to. They'll adjust to you moving onto the pattern you want.

Comment

Consider yourself, wrapped, in a warm blanket of love....

Now, we gotta' go! See ya'!
                  "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Your post was lengthy and I read them mostly when I'm half asleep, so the long ones I sometimes skip. Sorry.

You've earned the right to do what is best for #1. No one else is going to look out for you, so do it for yourself! \

Get some!

As to the love, stand by. You ain't seen it get REEEEAL ugly, yet.
                    The All New
                    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

That is what I am talking about dammit! Called the Lt. and put in. I am on vacation, leaving for V.A. Beach... a little golf and some sun! (I hope)

I agree it was long, sorry just venting.

Do I get an "A" on this RBrodowski?

Thanks people.

Comment

A-

I think there was a comma splice in there somewhere :P....j/k.

Comment

As you drive to VA Beach, make a stop at the mixing bowl and we can work on that
                          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Post a picture and we'll let you know if it's going to stay that way!!!

Comment

Uh oh... here comes the Waaaahbulance...
                              You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7556 users online. 323 members and 7233 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X