300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican ID Cards

First of all I wanted to state that I work in the jail and not out on the road. But I was hoping to get some information that could help us some. We have a lot of hispanics come through our facility...go figure...anyway a lot of them have ID cards that are issued by companies in California. They aren't employee ID cards but they are companies that issue state IDs? I haven't really heard about it besides seeing these cards. I was wondering if they are valid ID or purchased fakes. Some look pretty offical while others are pasted on the front of phone cards. If anyone has any information please let me know.

my guess is that they are check cashing cards, and in that case not valid id. It's not neccessarily the guy's name, but rather the name he gets paid under. but sometimes you take what you can get and it can lead you to the truth

Comment

These that I have seen actually say "California Drivers Licence." Then on the back they say "Not a valid government ID."

Comment

Originally posted by matt302vu
        Some look pretty offical while others are pasted on the front of phone cards. If anyone has any information please let me know.
        If it's pasted on a phone card, it has some value, at least until the minutes are used up.

If the document isn't issued by a government it has no official status.

Comment

They are bogus! Companies make these with information provided totally by the purchaser. I used to get many from the truck stop lot lizards showing a tennessee ID card, but has the name of who they wish to be for that day...atleast until the FTA warrants come out then they are a new person...

"Hold For Positive ID" i'd say....

Comment

CA DL

CA ID
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Those are the ID cards I'm talking about. Most of them are from California but I have had a few Indiana ones too.

Comment

We're inundated with those in South Florida. You can buy them at half the stores in any town with a sizeable Mexican or Central American population. They are meaningless. The Mexican consulate also issues ID cards, but I don't think it takes much proof to obtain one.

Comment

Beware of the fake Mexico IDs, they have ID's that say Mexico on it but there fake. You know because on it, it says, Estados Unidos de Mexico, "United Stated of Mexico.", that just floors me. Mexico is a federation and the cards say they are issued by there embassy which is also false. Most of those cards dont have there real names the real cards that the Mexican people do carry are there voter registration card. I have only seen once that a Mex gave me a fake DL.

But its easy for me to distinguish and learn because I speak spanish and I just talk to them. 99.9% of the time they tell me the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by matt302vu
                    First of all I wanted to state that I work in the jail and not out on the road. But I was hoping to get some information that could help us some. We have a lot of hispanics come through our facility...go figure...anyway a lot of them have ID cards that are issued by companies in California. They aren't employee ID cards but they are companies that issue state IDs? I haven't really heard about it besides seeing these cards. I was wondering if they are valid ID or purchased fakes. Some look pretty offical while others are pasted on the front of phone cards. If anyone has any information please let me know.
                    I have dealt with Mexicans extensively both as a result of being a BP agent and now being an 1811 with DEA for over ten years. Here is my 2 cents. Other people are out there which know much more than I do on this, but here is some info....

1. The primary "ID Card" actually issued by an official Mexican body is the Voting Card or Credencial de Votar. It will have the full name, DOB, and home address (on file when the card was issued...) on the card.

2. REAL Mexican drivers licenses will have a hologram type security seal on them. Yes, true. We all know about the "open borders" but never-the-less, real Mexican DL's do have security features.

3. Fake ID cards can be cross checked via running NCIC/NLETS/etc on the name and date of birth.

4. If it looks fake, it usually is.

Comment

I run into a lot of Mex ID cards, but only a few Mexical DL or Voter Reg. cards. Good to know about the holograms. I will make sure I check for those the next time. Since we don't have any way to run drivers status on Mexican DL's I usually just run NCIC and let them roll.

Most of our illegals don't have any ID and I hook them whenever possible so they get printed and in the system.

BTW, ALL valid Indiana ID and Driver Licenses are the "credit card" type now and have the Indiana Seal watermarked on the lamination. They also ALL have the bar code on the back.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

There is a place here in Nebraska called the Counselor of Mexico and they issue these ID cards they are no substitue for a real ID, but they are very helpful. Several business in the Omaha area use these ID cards to cash checks and substitute this for an ID. If they have one of these cards you can contact the Counselor of Mexico agency (the numbers on the card) and they can give you more information about the person. From what I'm told there are only a few of these agency's in the United States. I had only called the Counselor of Mexico one time and that was to check an arrest brought in by another agency for other names. I don't have the number off hand, but if someone needed the number they could email me and I could try to find it again.
                        Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

In addition, many states in Mexico D.L.'s have a image of the persons fingerprint on the back and have a "credit card swipe" black mark on them also.

Like I said earlier, real Mexican D.L.'s have semi-decent security features and do not look homemade.

** I actually have a real Mexican D.L. by the way, and took a driving test for it....

Comment

In Chicago we also have a Mexican Consul and Mexicans can get a card called a Matricula Consular or something similar... it is supposedly a valid ID from the Mexican government but I've never seen two that look exactly the same. They also have no photo on them and I have no idea what the requirements are to get one.

I've just always been trained that if they give you a Mexican ID and don't have anything else on them, run their prints. I've spent way too many hours waiting on NATMS responses.
                            "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Comment

You mean this could be a fake?

"Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13101 users online. 527 members and 12574 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X