300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Feed the Trolls.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

• Originally posted by My Gluttony
      I said NOTHING anti military

What I say is PRO MILITARY

Am I the only one here who cares that draft-dodging chickenhawks like Bush and Cheney sit behind bullet-proof glass why they put our young soldiers in harms way for fun and profit?
      EVERY president since Kennedy has sat behind bullet proof glass...what's your point?
      "When you hit your thumb with an 8 pound hammer, its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very strong, special minded atheist to jump up and down, With their their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout "Oh random fluctuations in the space time continuum."

Comment

"Scars, Marks, Tattoos: Tattoo Left Arm:Tribal Design; Tattoo Right Arm:Leanne; Tattoo Left Leg:Chinese Symbol On Left Ankle;"

Notice a pattern?

Didn;t I address that tattoo issue in a previous thread? I am not saying that PD's should not hire people with tattoos, but I think it is a reason to take a closer look at an applicant's character. A tattoo says "hey look at me....I have low sef esteem and I take unnecessary risks"
        Just surfed in , wow.I must say your opinion about tats on cops sure shows your true I.Q.
        What a childish thing to say. I have several tats and below the sleeve, I have very high self esteem,at least I dont beat my wife or cheat on her, I dont take drugs or steal from my dept-can you say that? I dont appreciate such an off color comment.Maybe you need to do some growing up .By the way did mention I was Chief for two and a half years. Grow up.I dont want to start any crap you have already done this.
        Follow me!

Let your conscience be your guide!

Comment

• We had a guy fired for, among other things, driving up to a Fotomat (remember those?) and offering the girl $20 to watch him jerk-off.

What a dumbass.....everyone knows you have to offer at least $50.
          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

"Scars, Marks, Tattoos: Tattoo Left Arm:Tribal Design; Tattoo Right Arm:Leanne; Tattoo Left Leg:Chinese Symbol On Left Ankle;"

Notice a pattern?

Didn;t I address that tattoo issue in a previous thread? I am not saying that PD's should not hire people with tattoos, but I think it is a reason to take a closer look at an applicant's character. A tattoo says "hey look at me....I have low sef esteem and I take unnecessary risks"

You're obviously not tattooed. People with tattoos don't discriminate against those without. It has nothing to do with low self esteem or taking unnecessary risks. Yep, I am tattooed. Sure didn't keep me from excellent evaluations or being promoted to a manager.

Comment

• Funniest person fired.....Had to be the officer who peed on cake. He just felt no one should have it. Go figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldBill
                MODERATORS: Could we restrict this part of the forum to LEO members only?
                This has been discussed extensively before. At this moment, there are almost 30,000 registered members in our forums. Obviously, not all are active, but at any given moment there are several times as many "guests" (people either unregistered or not logged in) in the forum as there are registered members. Look at the stats at the bottom of the forum main page to see what I'm talking about. If only 10% of the registered members asked for verified status that gave them access to the restricted section, we would have 3000 people to verify. There are only two people that work for Officer.com full time. There are other staff members, but their services are shared between other Cygnus web sites. Everyone is busy, and no one has time to make 3000 phone calls, or send 3000 letters, or do whatever else we would need to do in order to satisfy ourselves that people were who they said they were. Another web site that I will not name has a restricted "cops only" section, but I know that they are months behind in their registrations. It's just a very time-consuming and personnel-intensive task, and we have neither the time or personnel.

Thus, the advice continues to be the same: don't post anything here that you wouldn't want Johnny Gangbanger or Meth Lab Mary to know. Remember that once you post something on the Internet, you have lost all control of what happens to it thereafter. We can delete and edit messages, but you have no way of knowing what happened to or who read and copied that post before it was changed. Remember that not everyone here who says that they're a cop really is one. And, in the name of all that is good and holy, don't EVER post anything about an open investigation.
                Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camz2Bad
                  Funniest person fired.....Had to be the officer who peed on cake. He just felt no one should have it. Go figure.
                  LOL that's funny, an ex cop I know and a deputy got busted for hitting the pot pipe, they did not get fired-they got lectured.
                  Last edited by ofcp2; 09-28-2006, 02:15 PM.
                  Follow me!

Let your conscience be your guide!

Comment

• this is third hand but.....

Way back in the day an officer's buddies (other officer) tried to kill the exwife of their friend (at his request).

Well these geniuses decided they were going to wack her with a crossbow, thinking it was going to be some kind of instant silent death.

Well, they sit up across from her house in the bushes and wait for her to come out for work and they shoot her.........and she SCREAMED and ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. All the neighbors came out, the shooters were spotted and later IDed. They rolled on the husband and they were all fired and locked up.

That's about the wackiest story I've heard.

During my time on the dept. we've had a few fired for sex stuff like "I won't write you a ticket if you give me a BJ." Standard stuff I guess.
                    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

• I made it to page 4 before I had to stop reading. I became completely disgusted with some of what I was reading. Have we forgotten what the basics……(public severant)??

First off (I’m not going to mention names) please keep your opinions about the military to your self. When you speak of them you make yourself look like an idiot. If you haven’t been there you don’t have the right to ever bash it. The Soldiers and Marines know why we’re there. Step up and get you some then we’ll listen. Political views on a LEO site are un-professional and shouldn’t be allowed. We work in politics and in essence work for the Commander in Chief (regardless of how small or rural the department). When the terror threat level goes to red you’re acting a little differently that when at yellow. You enforce Federal laws the same as you do local.

Bashing the military or our brothers in arms isn’t professional and speaks volumes for you sir.

I have a tattoo. It’s called a meat tag. I got it because I was told it would help identify my remains when I was blown up. When I look at it I’m reminded of that time of my life and I wouldn’t remove it if I could and I don’t consider myself a bad person.

I’m sorry if I P’d someone off but I can read this crap on another web page that doesn’t have LEO’s on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by flash4
                        I made it to page 4 before I had to stop reading. I became completely disgusted with some of what I was reading. Have we forgotten what the basics……(public severant)??

First off (I’m not going to mention names) please keep your opinions about the military to your self. When you speak of them you make yourself look like an idiot. If you haven’t been there you don’t have the right to ever bash it. The Soldiers and Marines know why we’re there. Step up and get you some then we’ll listen. Political views on a LEO site are un-professional and shouldn’t be allowed. We work in politics and in essence work for the Commander in Chief (regardless of how small or rural the department). When the terror threat level goes to red you’re acting a little differently that when at yellow. You enforce Federal laws the same as you do local.

Bashing the military or our brothers in arms isn’t professional and speaks volumes for you sir.

I have a tattoo. It’s called a meat tag. I got it because I was told it would help identify my remains when I was blown up. When I look at it I’m reminded of that time of my life and I wouldn’t remove it if I could and I don’t consider myself a bad person.

I’m sorry if I P’d someone off but I can read this crap on another web page that doesn’t have LEO’s on it.
                        Uhhh, are your sure you posted on the right thread?
                        Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

• Years ago,

We had one guy that performed a traffic stop on duty, pulled a woman over, maced her and then raped her before going to his estranged wife's place of employment (bank) and taking everyone hostage. he then executed one employee, committed several sexual crimes, and later surrendered.

He is currently on death row awaiting execution.

Comment

• Used his police car and uniform to facilitate trafficking cocaine.
                            Or wait, was it the one who held evidence (Xanax) over a 16 year old's head to accomodate his dial-a-blowjob urges.
                            Hmmm....
                            I do not follow blindly the orders of my superiors, but rather employ that philosophy whereby I do as they would have told me to had they known what they were talking about.

Comment

• Crazy? You Decide...

I was discharged from my dept for reportedly referring to my boss-the Sheriff, as an "*****h*le" during a minor PDA investigation . Which I never did, and two of the four "complainants" retracted their story the next day. In addition, other false charges stemmed from the incident, which were supposed to go to an outside tribunal but never did. Two minor infractions, 50+ letters of appreciation, & four merit citations in my file otherwise, in addition to current (then) FTO and SWAT assignments. Union is fighting it, but it is 16 months after the fact with no end yet. And no police employment, full or part time, either.

UPDATE 10/19/06: The arbitrator ruled that he has no jurisdiction in my case since our bargaining unit had no contract at the time of my discharge (thus no greivance procedure) and my issue was "non-economic" (thus not covered by case law). Therefore my case is dismissed without a factual hearing. The Union says, "sorry, but there is nothing more we can do".
                              Last edited by opmed4n6; 10-19-2006, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• I worked with those... yeah, that's where I'm at.
                                I do not follow blindly the orders of my superiors, but rather employ that philosophy whereby I do as they would have told me to had they known what they were talking about.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17655 users online. 514 members and 17141 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X