Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My one-time partner, "a former SEAL" went on to work the high-profile, really cool jobs, while trying to get into SWAT. He became the darling of a particular middle-east country's counsel general. He got to guard that team's bus as they departed the Olympics. He, alone, found a bomb on the team bus at the airport...after the bomb search teams had cleared it at the Olympic village. He ran off with the bomb and pulled the red wire out (just in time, of course)!

Too bad, they searched his house the next day and found the leftover bomb parts. Off to jail he went.

Every positive act of his career came under scrutiny and may have all been fabricated. Never was a SEAL, of course.

A movie on this guy's life and PD career would be dismissed as too fantastic.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M.
      My one-time partner, "a former SEAL" went on to work the high-profile, really cool jobs, while trying to get into SWAT. He became the darling of a particular middle-east country's counsel general. He got to guard that team's bus as they departed the Olympics. He, alone, found a bomb on the team bus at the airport...after the bomb search teams had cleared it at the Olympic village. He ran off with the bomb and pulled the red wire out (just in time, of course)!

Too bad, they searched his house the next day and found the leftover bomb parts. Off to jail he went.

Every positive act of his career came under scrutiny and may have all been fabricated. Never was a SEAL, of course.

I have noticed that the more guys talk about their military experience, the less they have
      We used to have guy who had more stuff on his shirt than Prince Charles in his dress uniform, but I talked a guy who was in his NATION GUARD unit and all they ever did was play cards at the Amory

Comment

Originally posted by My Gluttony
        ....I talked a guy who was in his NATION GUARD unit and all they ever did was play cards at the Amory
        This is the way our fire department used to be. Sit around all day, play cards, watch TV, cook hot dogs, sleep 8 hours in a 24 hour shift, etc.... Then somebody came up with the bright idea of "training" while on duty, and lots of it. Best thing that ever happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SHERIFF
          This is the way our fire department used to be. Sit around all day, play cards, watch TV, cook hot dogs, sleep 8 hours in a 24 hour shift, etc.... Then somebody came up with the bright idea of "training" while on duty, and lots of it. Best thing that ever happened.
          OK, so that changes the formula to 8 hrs sleep, 2 hrs training and 14 hrs of goofing off.

They make fire trucks roll to all medic calls in my city, so they stay pretty busy except for a few of the stations.

My father was a city fireman up north. After he retired, he got a job at an industial plant that had its own fire department. Sometimes he would bring my brothers and I to work with him on Sundays. I was about 10 and he was kicking back, drinking coffee, eating donuts and joking with the other firemen and security guards for about 4 hours. I was hoping to see a fire (they evebn had fire trucks)....So I said "Pop, when are we gonna have a fire?" He said "I hope we NEVER have a fire" and I said "How come you don;t have to do any work" and he said "I'm paid for what I KNOW....Not for what I DO". And everybody laughed.

Comment

["I'm paid for what I KNOW....Not for what I DO". And everybody laughed.[/QUOTE]

I have tried to convince my Lt. and Chief of this very philosophy...It doesn't seem to work for me,
            "Do unto others before they can do unto you", Fred G. Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by My Gluttony
              Coward?

I would gladly walk through the gates of hell and tear Osama's heart out with my bare hands.

But guess what?

Osama isn;t in Iraq and Saddam didn't do 9-11

So why are we there? Maybe to enrich Dick Cheney and his Haliburton buddies
              So, after seeing your post in the foreign language Miranda thread, now we know why you're so fluent in French!

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by tin_man
                ["I'm paid for what I KNOW....Not for what I DO". And everybody laughed.

I have tried to convince my Lt. and Chief of this very philosophy...It doesn't seem to work for me,[/QUOTE]

Your chief is just mad because you stole his line

Comment

So, after seeing your post in the foreign language Miranda thread, now we know why you're so fluent in French!
                  Mon-sewer,
                  I slept through 2 years of high school French
                  I got that stuff from a Yahoo "translator" from an on-line translator

I think I used dictionary.com

I can also do other languages. Run this through the translator to see what I said:

El estado Troopers trafica sobre todo el trabajo. Apenas escriben sobre todo a mamas del fútbol en minivans. Respeto a protectores de la cárcel. Pienso que deben conseguir un aumento y un rato adicional de las vacaciones porque tienen que afilar los lápices del interno

Holy LOST IN TRANSLATION, BATMAN

I wrote:
                  State Troopers deal mostly in traffic work. They mostly just write soccer moms in minivans. I respect jail guard. I think they deserve a raise and extra vacation time because they have to sharpen the inmate's pencils....When I ran it back thorogh the translator again, from Soanish to English, I got this:

The Troopers state deals the work mainly. Hardly they write mainly to breasts of soccer in minivans. Respect to protectors of the jail. I think that they must obtain a awhile additional increase and of the vacations because they must sharpen the pencils of the internal one
                  Last edited by My Gluttony; 06-29-2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

When you think you are "superior" in your own mind,its a sign of mental illness...

...AND THIS GUY( who was reportedly part of the ELITE LAPD METRO DIV ) was part of the SAME Dept that has been "bad mouthing " L.A Airport Cops as IDIOTS for the past 20 yrs !!! Gee , I wonder how many MORE idiotic and criminal things they've done under the guise of being "southern California's PREMIER Law enforcement agency"......
                    Last edited by DOAcop38; 06-29-2006, 05:56 PM.
                    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

My Gluttony, i still think you are sorry as hell! my ears are now shut off to anything you have to say, as you bad mouth the memory of my brothers and sisters in the military. Yes, i think you are a coward. if you haven't been there, you should shut your mouth! i have wasted enough of my life reading your anti military liberal garbage! go jump off a bridge you fat turd!

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38
                        ...AND THIS GUY( who was reportedly part of the ELITE LAPD METRO DIV ) was part of the SAME Dept that has been "bad mouthing " L.A Airport Cops as IDIOTS for the past 20 yrs !!! Gee , I wonder how many MORE idiotic and criminal things they've done under the guise of being "southern California's PREMIER Law enforcement agency"......
                        I should have known this would bring you out.....hey, I just saw this earlier...any chance you can lighten up anytime soon?

LAPD and LAX police to end turf war over duties

Daily Breeze

The two police forces that have argued over jurisdiction at the airport are in the process of forging an agreement and working together.

By Doug Irving

The two police agencies that patrol Los Angeles International Airport have quietly agreed to work together and end a bitter turf war that both claimed could jeopardize security.

The pact, signed in recent days by the Los Angeles Police Department and the separate airport police, spells out in detail the role each will play in policing LAX. It calls for greater cooperation between the two agencies, a change in tone after years of feuding over who could best protect the airport.

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will unveil the agreement at a press conference this afternoon. (TV and newspaper cameras sure to be there, of course! - KM)

The two agencies have long had an uneasy relationship, even as they shared the task of securing one of the state's top terrorist targets. The LAPD stations nearly 60 officers at the airport; the airport police number about 330 and have fought hard to maintain their independence.

Officers on both sides have warned that confusion over who does what could prove disastrous in an emergency.

The dispute flared again in recent weeks as the airport police sought greater authority. Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton characterized the airport force as inferior and said the LAPD needed to take the lead in policing the airport.

Behind the scenes, though, the agencies were working to update an official protocol that would lay out their responsibilities at LAX. They had been working until now under a protocol that dates to 1988.

The updated agreement recognizes the airport police as the primary agency in charge of most day-to-day policing at LAX, sources familiar with its terms said. It assigns most major criminal investigations to the LAPD, which has greater resources for that kind of police work.

The agreement also establishes a unified command for handling some emergencies that would include representatives from both agencies, sources said. It emphasizes collaboration throughout, even calling for some joint training.

The pact, about 15 pages long, is not "radically different" from the version signed in 1988, one police source said. But it does draw clearer lines between the roles of the two police agencies.

It also acknowledges that those are by no means the only law-enforcement agencies working at LAX. In fact, any major incident would quickly include any of several federal agencies, such as the FBI or U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The new agreement was still awaiting some final signatures Monday evening and had not been made public. In a short press release, Villaraigosa's office said only that it "further defines the working relationship between the two departments."

That should cool some of the rhetoric between the LAPD and the airport police, sources on both sides said. But the good feelings could be put to the test almost immediately. (God, let's hope so! - KM)

A bill moving through the state Legislature would expand the powers of the airport police, giving them the authority to seize explosives and remove unsafe vehicles, among other powers. That would ease its reliance on the LAPD -- and has drawn sharp criticism from Bratton.

The bill cleared the state Assembly late last month. It was scheduled to reach a committee of the state Senate as early as today.

Comment

My former FTO was arrested soon after I was cut loose from training for putting down she worked extra duty on her time sheet for hours that she did not work.

Before I was even hired but shortly before, a deputy in my region was arrested for sleeping with one of our local hookers.

This was at another department, but I did know the guy. He was an undercover narcotics agent. He was caught in a cock fighting ring letting the 'chicken fighters' I guess you call them know all the leads that the police had on them.

And last but not least, and probabily the BEST yet. The guys who place I took when I came to my shift. He was fired for shooting the sheriffs dog. The sheriff was away on vacation and we conduct a property check on his home every so often. I dont know specific details but he went to check the back yard where the dog was. It was a german shepard that the sheriff had for years. It was not an isolated incident however, there were other questionable animal shootings dureing his time at my department.
                          Last edited by DeputySC; 06-30-2006, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I should have known this would bring you out.....hey, I just saw this earlier...any chance you can lighten up anytime soon?

The dispute flared again in recent weeks as the airport police sought greater authority. Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton characterized the airport force as inferior and said the LAPD needed to take the lead in policing the airport.

Yeah, sure ,when "Boston Bill " Shuts the F*ck up about calling us "inferior" ( as well as those FAT Booze hounds Baker and Hunt !), as well as STOP spreading LIES about what we can and CANNOT do in our own patrol area- Actually had a dumbsh*t broad whose "boyfriend " is LAPD run a red light in front of me last nite- I WAS going to cut her some slack when she mentioned her "fiance" ,but then she started in on that you aren't "real cops" according to the "LAPD" and demanded a Supv. and an LAPD officer on the T/Stop ! She got a ticket right after a some simple instruction on State law,as well as her car impounded(stripper girls' license was suspended too) ! BTW ,Boston Bill and Former lard *** Big Willie from Philly (Williams) BOTH Went to Rio Hondo Police Academy to get C.A. POST certified FOR THE POSITION OF LAPD Chief,but Bill seems to claim that an academy that certifies almost (50) NON LAPD Police Agencies in the county and So.Calif is "inferior" training ! Meanwhile ,20% of our current command staff and patrol officers are LAPD academy,FTO, and Supv school trained !!! EVEN MORE Disgusting is the FACT that YOUR union was "Active" in SCREWING our union,despite the fact that we weren't doing anything that would HARM your rank and file ,their jobs, or pay. Your people started the "confusion".Your people cause us pain ,not the other way around.your people make the job harder for us, not the other way around.Talking about the "worst thing a cop on the job has done?" -I'd say its the FACt that a bunch of LAPD officers were OKAY with their union HELP MGM'T F*CK another Police union , in a lame attempt to protect the $1.3 million per mo. cash OT LAPD officers are making for sitting on their butts at LAX terminal check points- which ,thanks to helping mgm't ,you all are going to LOSE it anyway ,and we'll be STUCK at the checkpoints for 10-12 hrs/day at REGULAR PAY.

When Bratton signs a few terminations of LAPD officers this month or accepts early retirement in lieu of from officers,see if any of them can say " but our union helped you step on LAXPD" to save their jobs- quite doubtful, my "Brother" in Blue..........But you are right ,I shouldn't take it out on you personally-I'm "sure" you have the utmost respect for your fellow city and even local Law enforcement colleagues.......
                            Last edited by DOAcop38; 06-30-2006, 11:04 PM.
                            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

If the Los Angeles Police Department wants to go into the airport and take all the bullcrap "i lost my luggage reports", "I see some middle easterns they might be terrorits", and "the plane is takeing to long to take off calls then let them. lol

Comment

Originally posted by kec0331usmc
                                My Gluttony, i still think you are sorry as hell! my ears are now shut off to anything you have to say, as you bad mouth the memory of my brothers and sisters in the military. Yes, i think you are a coward. if you haven't been there, you should shut your mouth! i have wasted enough of my life reading your anti military liberal garbage! go jump off a bridge you fat turd!
                                I believe Thomas Jefferson said the "if given the choice between a government and no free speech or free speech and no Government ,I'd choose the latter" .Now while you may not like Ol'"Gluts" comments, you and he both have the right to dissent with your opinions.I personally feel that the was in Iraq is "Bullcrap" and GOOD military folks are being sacrificed over a LIE just to help major oil concerns put a puppet gov't in .The War in Afghanistan? Hell yes! Taliban and "OSlimey" Bin Laden are there- so a few good Marines needed to go in country and TCB! Saddam had no direct links to WMDs-"Gulf War I "took care of that, but had our country left him in power,like we leave the 30-40 other evil dictators in the world in power, he would have been our "Ace in the hole" to Punk IRAN (Saddam is megalomaniac, and "lip service only" muslim-with his Rep.Guard, he kept those stone age mentality Mullahs across the way awake at nite in fear!) Had Iran announced plans for nukes like they are going for now, Old Saddam Insaney would have hit'em hard and fast, and we'd have no 2,500+ war dead, no major war debt ,or wounded /maimed good vets ,but would have had the opportunity to "kill two birds with one stone" with PLENTY of Dead Iraqi and Iranian gun totin' freaks! We could have planned an possibly concentrated on that crazy in N.Korea. I, like many ( even Gluttony) support the troops ,but not the continued fighting against folks who don't want us there in a country that doesn't know and probaly will never know western style democracy( they have to want that style of gov't on their OWN) .As a Police officer, and a "disgusting limp wristed liberal" I will be glad to vote for Demos and tax hikes for the same social services that will be healing,educating,training, and helping returning Vets( I pass out job applications to every military man/woman I can so they can go for the job if they are getting out soon)-While the Reps who wanted this current conflict will most likely be cutting taxes to social services that would help Vets........But anyway, lets continue on the subject of cops doing bad things..........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8421 users online. 331 members and 8090 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X