Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Gluttony, your tattoo remarks have convinced me you are an intolerant jackass. i am glad i dont work with you. you'll probably be one of those who will get sued for profiling.

Comment

Originally posted by kec0331usmc
      My Gluttony, your tattoo remarks have convinced me you are an intolerant jackass. i am glad i dont work with you. you'll probably be one of those who will get sued for profiling.
      I am not intolerant. I am just making observations

True or false?

Do you believe the majority of felons have tattoos and smoke cigarettes. That is what I observed. When I used to work in a jail at least 90% of the inmates smoked. Some of them would buy roll your own "Bugler" brand to save money and they sure had enough time to roll them

I would say that 90% of the felons I have arrested on the street smoke cigarettes and have tattoos

Comment

Originally posted by My Gluttony
        Do you believe the majority of felons have tattoos and smoke cigarettes.

I had never thought about it before, but you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by SHERIFF
          I had never thought about it before, but you are right.
          Thanks you. At least some people around here are respectful of my research

Comment

Didn;t I address that tattoo issue in a previous thread? I am not saying that PD's should not hire people with tattoos, but I think it is a reason to take a closer look at an applicant's character. A tattoo says "hey look at me....I have low sef esteem and I take unnecessary risks"

I'll beg to differ. I have high self esteem, and I go with the flow. Not everyone with a tattoo is a bad person.
            -Stay safe

Comment

Originally posted by J_Mann
              I'll beg to differ. I have high self esteem, and I go with the flow. Not everyone with a tattoo is a bad person.
              What kind of tattoo do you have and where is it

What brand of cigarettes do you smoke

Alot of teenage kids who dress like the rest of their emo and goth friends also pretend like they have their own free will, but they are just following the crowd, although a smaller crowd

I'll bet you play alot of Green Day on your Jackson guitars and use alot of whammy bar

Comment

My Gluttony, you were obviously never in the military my friend.......i don't smoke, and a good 30% of all cops i work with DO smoke.....not only that, some of us even drink alcohol sometimes! i have several tattoos, none of them visible in my short sleeve uniform shirt. i am willing to bet you are probably old, and that's fine. i am sure you have had a long career, and seen and done many different things......that's fine too, and we appreciate your service. You are living in a much different world now than when you first came on the job.... tattoos are on a whole lot of people you might not have expected to find them on even just a decade ago......times are changing my friend....change with them, or at least accept the changes. If not, don't put brother officers down for doing with their own skin or their own lungs what they wish, even if you do not agree with it. that low self esteem comment was funny i thought. couldn't be further from the truth in most cases, and i am one of those people who doesn't like to draw un neccessary attention. The days of grouping folks together by the way they look, or the mere prescence of tattoos is called profiling in this day and age. it is a good way to get your old *** fired my friend
                Last edited by kec0331usmc; 06-26-2006, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I was debating whether to apply to this or not since MG's post about tatt's was in response to the moron that got fired/arrested from my old department. I never met him (it happened a year before I was hired), so I cannot speak about him personally. I know from what I have heard that this was not the first time he was so dumb, just the first time he got caught. Needless to say quite emabarassing for the ********* chief who was trying to clean everything up.

I have three tattoos myself, and I do not consider myself a bad person, thug, or anything of the sort. They cannot be seen in uniform, or in a regular shirt. They can only be seen if I want them to be seen. I don't think that makes me or anyone else less qualified of an officer. I work with guys from the Marines that have tatt's and we have one guy that has a "sleeve" on his arm, and he hardly falls into any of the above as well.
                  In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

exactly......i dont think i know a marine that doesnt have at least one tatt. some people just don't understand i guess.

Comment

My Gluttony, you were obviously never in the military my friend.......i don't smoke, and a good 30% of all cops i work with DO smoke.....not only that, some of us even drink alcohol sometimes! i have several tattoos, none of them visible in my short sleeve uniform shirt. i am willing to bet you are probably old, and that's fine. i am sure you have had a long career, and seen and done many different things......that's fine too, and we appreciate your service. You are living in a much different world now than when you first came on the job.... tattoos are on a whole lot of people you might not have expected to find them on even just a decade ago......times are changing my friend....change with them, or at least accept the changes. If not, don't put brother officers down for doing with their own skin or their own lungs what they wish, even if you do not agree with it. that low self esteem comment was funny i thought. couldn't be further from the truth in most cases, and i am one of those people who doesn't like to draw un neccessary attention. The days of grouping folks together by the way they look, or the mere prescence of tattoos is called profiling in this day and age. it is a good way to get your old *** fired my friend
                      I am very open-minded about those who were raised in backward cultures like Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas and Mississipi. I know these states are more or less isolated from polite society, so it is not the fault of the basically fine people who were raised there. The tattoo and cigarette issue was more addressed to people hwo should know better because they had the opportunity to go to decent schools
                      And no, I was never in the military. I would have joined if I thought if the mission of the military was to defend our freedom instead of doing Halibuton's bidding.

Comment

One thing you can say about MG -- he/she's an equal-opportunity offender.
                        Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Well MG i guess your comments were directed at me since i was born and raised in boston mass. your comment was cute and all, but you're still a jackass

Comment

I am very open-minded about those who were raised in backward cultures like Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas and Mississipi. I know these states are more or less isolated from polite society, so it is not the fault of the basically fine people who were raised there. The tattoo and cigarette issue was more addressed to people hwo should know better because they had the opportunity to go to decent schools
                            And no, I was never in the military. I would have joined if I thought if the mission of the military was to defend our freedom instead of doing Halibuton's bidding.
                            Congrats' on posting the most ignorant, elitist, assinine post I have seen thus far on this forum.

Comment

you know what, i didn't even read the whole post til right now.....didnt get past the first part about the south. that comment about the military is gonna make you a whooooooooole lot of friends around here pal....i am willing to bet that there are plenty of former military on this site. i think you didn't join the military because you are a coward. only a coward would make up a lame *** excuse like that "haliburton......" what a tool. there is no way in HELL you are really a cop. i refuse to believe any agency in this country would hire such a cowardly jackass

Comment

Well MG i guess your comments were directed at me since i was born and raised in boston mass. your comment was cute and all, but you're still a jackass

"Southie" is alot like Alabama in alot of ways, but with a different accent

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14659 users online. 414 members and 14245 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X