300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My class graduated 27.
    We were also had several officers (including myself) who paid their way through...and had several who had no business being there

We lost several in the academy
    1 couldnt run
    2 couldnt pass tests
    1 couldnt shoot (and hit the target)

Those who passed the class
    1 failed test 2 times and has never used her third chance
    1 was fired as the PD animal control officer, then was hired on at the local SO as a jailer and was fired 2 days before his probation was over...he manages a movie theatre now
    1 worked as a reserve and decided it wasnt for him
    Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

• Its stories like these that explain why I was so opposed to changing the rules to allow self-sponsor here in Wisconsin. When I went to recruit school, you had to be sponsored by a department. There were 12 of us in my class. Of the 12, 3 of us are detectives, 3 are sergeants, 4 are senior patrol officers, 1 is now a warden and 1 passed away (natural causes).

A buddy of mine went through recruit school after the change. Of the 21 people in his academy class, only 6 are currently working as police officers. At least two that he knows of now have felony arrests.
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

• We have self sponsored in Alaska and I have no problem with it, although several of the self sponsors in my class never got hired. Really, they're just wasting their own time and money; no skin off my back. You can't actually get certified here until you're hired.

I had a guy I met through some LE community who was going to self sponsor. He had 5 adult felony convictions, the last one 3 years prior (23 years old when we chatted, which makes 5 felony convictions in less than 3 years). Oh...and he was 3 years into his CJ degree which means he was literally sitting in jail for a felony when he decided he wanted to be a cop. He was still on felony probation when we talked.

I tried to explain that his odds of being hired were exactly 0, but he was sure determination would do it. He was going to show me. It's too bad the only positive thing he ever did with his life (go to school) was a waste of time. However, since it appeared he wasted his entire life up to this point at least he's following a pattern.

Comment

• guy was a lateral hire but still on probation when he decides to:

1) steal the duty weapon out of the locker of a fellow officer
          2) gather pubic hairs from one of the department's men's locker room shower stalls in order to leave behind "evidence" at the scene of the murder he intended to commit
          3) drive to a neighboring state in the middle of the night in order to kill an ex (w/ the stolen gun) who was suing him for child support, along with her parents and her 3 children who lived w/ her
          4) get caught by an alert security guard who called police while he was in a parking lot close to her house
          5) be found with a "to do list" in the car that included, among other things, "cut the phone lines," "try to get the child first and drown," "if not, gun to all," and "make it look like rape"

currently in prison for attempted murder & other charges...
          Last edited by ilcitycop; 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Epic thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
              Its stories like these that explain why I was so opposed to changing the rules to allow self-sponsor here in Wisconsin. When I went to recruit school, you had to be sponsored by a department. There were 12 of us in my class. Of the 12, 3 of us are detectives, 3 are sergeants, 4 are senior patrol officers, 1 is now a warden and 1 passed away (natural causes)..
              Iowa does not have self sponsor. The legislature tried to change that this year in order to get the colleges into training officers rather than the state employees at the academy. (trying to save money)

I lost track of most of my class. of 35................however 3 of us made it to 30 yrs...........2 of us 35+ .I was a Lt, the other old timer retired a couple months before me as a Sgt. (The other one who left at 30 yrs remained a PO, but now does the IT work for the department MDT's as a civilian.)
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• We had a guy that was caught stealing tags off another officers cruiser because the number matched his badge number and was suspended. Later a suspect he assisted in arresting comes to the station to file a complaint. Claims he had his pitbull when he was arrested and never saw it since until he he saw it on craigslist being sold by the officer (the one already under investigation) who was there when he was arrested. He was canned.

Had another citizen come into the lobby of the station and complain about the officer stealing his tags. When the supervisor went into the parking lot they found the citizens tags on the officers personal vehicle.

Comment

• I was pre-service until the week before the academy (got hired by the first and only agency I applied to). Half the class was pre-service, others belonging to the large city agency the academy was in and 1 from the SO. Of the other pre-service people, all but one got hired prior to graduation and she got hired a few weeks later. All are still cops and doing well. Of the non-pre-service, the one from the SO got kicked out the start of day 2, then kicked out of the other academy... twice; from the PD, one got fired on FTO, one quit after a year to be a contractor in the sandbox, and one went out of precinct while on duty to visit a woman other than his wife, found her other man there, got into a foot chase with him, then shot and killed him after being attacked with a knife.
                  Originally posted by Ceridwen
                  Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

• i'm surprised no one has mentioned the CNET narcs in nor cal who were selling dope/firearms to CI's, running brothels, and assisting a shady former cop/PI with setting people up for dirty DUI stops

Comment

• Originally posted by ilcitycop View Post
                      guy was a lateral hire but still on probation when he decides to:

1) steal the duty weapon out of the locker of a fellow officer
                      2) gather pubic hairs from one of the department's men's locker room shower stalls in order to leave behind "evidence" at the scene of the murder he intended to commit
                      3) drive to a neighboring state in the middle of the night in order to kill an ex (w/ the stolen gun) who was suing him for child support, along with her parents and her 3 children who lived w/ her
                      4) get caught by an alert security guard who called police while he was in a parking lot close to her house
                      5) be found with a "to do list" in the car that included, among other things, "cut the phone lines," "try to get the child first and drown," "if not, gun to all," and "make it look like rape"

currently in prison for attempted murder & other charges...
                      Good grief...
                      Most of the firings we get at my agency aren't for really crazy things. Mostly for lying (about arrests, about uses of force, about accidents, etc.) or DV stuff. We've had a few crazy ones. Not gonna post about them as I don't have first-hand knowledge of them.
                      Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13716 users online. 384 members and 13332 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X